We’re taking the kids over the river and through the woods to their grandparents house soon, and hopefully you all get to spend the day with family and friends.

The food-fest will start shortly — around halftime of the Lions/Patriots game. Tim at Pundit Press doesn’t give the Lions good odds today — which is almost always a safe bet, at least in the past decade. No matter how much talent you have on a team, when you’re setting near record numbers for penalties, you’re not going to win.

And here’s a reminder in case you hadn’t heard: In a gesture to her subjects that is most merciful, Michelle Obama has given Americans permission to eat pie today.

Here’s something I don’t dare try eating: A turbaconducken. Alright, so I would try it… but luckily I don’t have time to make one today.

Happy Thanksgiving all! See you back here tomorrow — or tonight if anything earth-shattering happens.

Update — Fitting to the occasion, the famous WKRP in Cincinnati “turkey drop” scene (h/t Jawa Report):

WKRP Turkey Drop from Mitch Cohen on Vimeo.

Comments

11 Responses to “Happy Thanksgiving!”

1. OK_Loyalist on November 25th, 2010 4:13 pm

Love the turbaconducken

ROFL … baccontoday.com

Happy Thanksgiving

2. SignPainterGuy on November 25th, 2010 4:14 pm

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to everyone ! Enjoy your games and families and friends and may the culinary wizards bless you all with a feast unparalelled !

Don`t forget to have fun ! Would someone please pass the rolls !?

3. SignPainterGuy on November 25th, 2010 4:17 pm

Finally, he found his "Special Purpose" !!

4. Rick on November 25th, 2010 4:19 pm

Happy Thanksgiving!

May the Lions feast on Patriot today,but it’s a tall order.

5. SignPainterGuy on November 25th, 2010 4:29 pm

bacontoday.com/ mmmmmMMMMMMmmmmm, baaaaacooooonnn !

You bad boy ! ;<)

6. Joyanna Adams on November 25th, 2010 6:13 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to all Powersters!

7. Doug on November 25th, 2010 11:27 pm

Hey, if the game would have ended at halftime, we would have won!

8. SignPainterGuy on November 26th, 2010 3:06 am

Thanks for the "Turkey drop" vid., it is one of the few episodes I remember !

Once, while walking thru a stand of 60+ ft tulip poplar trees, a turkey left its roost directly overhead, 20 ft up or so……I nearly jumped out of my skin it made so much noise ! My statement to my buddy, "Well, turkeys do fly, and quite well at that !"

9. OK_Loyalist on November 26th, 2010 2:44 pm

It's domestic turkeys that AC and the Little Guy threw out of the helicopter which do not fly. Now wild turkeys when taking flight do resemble Pterodactyl and usually an extra pair of shorts are required.

10. SignPainterGuy on November 26th, 2010 3:17 pm

I`m guessing you have personal experience with these Pterodactyl launches !? Five ft. wingspans knocking leaves off the trees ! I`ve had pheasants, quail, doves, `possums, deer…..lots of critters startled and taking "flight" nearby ! Only a mother Loon that popped up behind me while my daughter and I canoed by her young startled me as intensely ! I was good for a week after that one !

11. Soul on November 28th, 2010 10:01 pm

We still talk about the WKRP turkey drop "god is my witness" in my family! That was a classic clip.