Joe Biden performed the swearing-in for the new Senator from Illinois, Mark Kirk. We know Joe’s pretty good at the swearing part, but the rest of the ettiquette escaped him:

Chicago – There was a slight mix-up during the swearing in of Republican Senator Mark Kirk.

On Monday, Vice President Joe Biden asked Kirk to place his right hand on the Bible and raise his left hand.

His hands should have been reversed, however, according to Senate tradition.

Team Biden checked all the rules and everything’s okay? Considering that’s coming from the same people who say the stimulus is working great, I remain skeptical:

Comments

26 Responses to “Sheriff Joe Doesn’t Know Right from Left”

1. Linda on December 1st, 2010 6:20 pm

Biden and team tend to make up the rules as they go along, so what ya 'spect?

2. Marshall_Will on December 1st, 2010 6:50 pm

Be it the now famous "crotch salute" ( when everyone else has their hand over their heart ) Neglecting to properly salute a Medal Of Honor Winner, failing to mention 'Creator' or gosh darn it, forgetting right from left.., anything to diminish a conservative's moment or principles is "Fair Game" where these O-holes are concerned.

Good to see Valerie Plame's little movie deal -bombed- bigtime. ( And to think I used to have a crush on Naomi Watts? ) Now it's blech… ewww, disgusting!

3. sizemorew on December 1st, 2010 7:38 pm

Maybe someone should teach him the trick that his left hand's the one that forms an "L" with their forefinger and thumb.

4. SignPainterGuy on December 1st, 2010 7:48 pm

It`s fascinating how Bite Me is right most often during one of his gaffes !

Linda, true dat ! Is it posible that by "incorrectly" swearing-in Mark Kirk, if he becomes too big a problem for the left, he might be subject to disqualification ? I put nothing past them !

True, it is the oath that is most important, not proceedure, but this proceedure is filled with symbolism……the left hand is closer to the heart so it should be the hand placed on the Bible. The right hand, usually the "weapon hand", is empty, non-threatening. There`s obviously much more to it, but you get the jist !

M_W, sorry to hear about the destruction of yet another "illusion" ! :<(

5. SignPainterGuy on December 1st, 2010 7:56 pm

He`s already the VP, and sheriff in charge of monitoring the proper spending of the porkulus funds – and you expect Mr Gaffetastic to remember even more ?! GET REAL !!

6. OK_Loyalist on December 1st, 2010 8:31 pm

"Biden’s spokesperson said they checked all the rules, and that in the end it doesn’t matter which hand Senator Kirk raised, as long as he agreed with the oath to uphold the constitution."

Like any of these leftist parasites hold to that oath let alone revere The Constitution. Bite Me!

7. sizemorew on December 1st, 2010 8:35 pm

I'm sorry. I need to learn to lower my expectations.

8. SignPainterGuy on December 1st, 2010 9:02 pm

Just think of all disappointments you can avoid ! Isn`t it wonderful ?!

9. Marshall_Will on December 1st, 2010 9:34 pm

"said they checked all the rules"

Right ( and again, ex-post-facto ) which is how this administration 'operates'.

I thought it was fantastic to see Ann C. on Hannity last night, she offered to Holder ( AND the NYT's! ) that if 'they' couldn't find that Statute that pertains to wiki-stinks then 'she' would in fact quote it for them chapter & verse, on national television ( in a friendly "hat tip" sort of way? )

Now imagine further that any news media that publishes, prints or in any way makes those leaks public can 'also' be prosecuted under the LAW! Ooops?

Every poster here should be absolutely -crushed- someone *sizemorew's age ( 26 I believe? ) already has lowered ( read non-existent ) "expectations" of their government. That's a level of being jaded more normally reserved for post-retirement / end-of-life stages. Get angry.

10. Nanny on December 1st, 2010 9:34 pm

Sheriff Joe doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground! 2012 cannot come quick enough for me!!!

11. Joe Redfield on December 1st, 2010 9:57 pm

Right hand? Left hand? We shouldn't be so judgemental. It's not easy being Joe.

12. Clu Seatoe on December 2nd, 2010 12:39 am

Mad Cow.

–Denny Crane

13. Clu Seatoe on December 2nd, 2010 12:40 am

Mad Cow.

–Denny Crane

14. Clu Seatoe on December 2nd, 2010 12:41 am

Mad Cow.

–Denny Crane

15. Clu Seatoe on December 2nd, 2010 12:41 am

Mad Cow.

–Denny Crane

16. SignPainterGuy on December 2nd, 2010 1:02 am

I hate it when I don`t get a joke ! Ok, I`ll bite…what do you mean by mad cow – and who is Denny Crane ??

Yes, as a matter of fact, I do and it`s a nice cave !

17. Clu Seatoe on December 2nd, 2010 1:29 am

First decade of the 21st century TV show — Boston Legal. ~ 2002 – 2005??

Watch old shows at IMDb.com

18. SignPainterGuy on December 2nd, 2010 3:39 am

I have of course "heard of the show", but never watched it – it lost out to other interests (may have liked it had I seen it)…..

Cave dwellers hate research – can I please have the short answer ?

19. OK_Loyalist on December 2nd, 2010 3:45 am

I'm ready for a Brontoburger Bro :D

20. OK_Loyalist on December 2nd, 2010 4:06 am

And Bawrney Fwrank is just the type that would love to pin it on him or in him !

21. SignPainterGuy on December 2nd, 2010 4:16 am

Yeah, and new wheels for my FS Mobile…is your chisel sharp ?

22. OK_Loyalist on December 2nd, 2010 5:06 am

Sir,

My chisel is the sharpest tool in the shed :P~

23. sizemorew on December 2nd, 2010 2:00 pm

Just did a fast Bing search, and apparently Denny Crane thought he had mad cow disease at some point. But I'm still baffled at how it relates to what any of us are saying.

24. SignPainterGuy on December 2nd, 2010 3:53 pm

Merci, beau coup ! I could have done that – (shakes head) – simple minded me !

I must surmise that Clu is convinced Sheriff Joe Bite Me has Mad Cow disease…….maybe not out of the realm of possibilities !

25. sizemorew on December 2nd, 2010 4:15 pm

You're very welcome! I was scratching my head, too, about the whole thing.

If Biden does, I wouldn't be surprised.

26. SignPainterGuy on December 2nd, 2010 8:28 pm

If Joe ever breaks into a quick stumbling tap dance, we`ll know for sure !