Quarterback Tom Brady & sooper-doopermodel Gisele Bundchen are big supporters of “Earth Hour,” the occasion where everyone is urged to turn off their lights for one hour to draw attention to the climate change that’s being caused by the gluttonous energy usage of everybody except Al Gore, Tom Brady, Gisele Bundchen, James Cameron and all the rest.

This past spring, you might have seen stories like this one featuring Tom & Gisele stressing the importance of not wasting electricity:

With that in mind, this holiday season, the pair will light up their mansion in a manner that will give Clark Griswold a run for his money:

Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen’s electric bill is gonna be through the roof this Xmas — TMZ has learned the couple is spending $7,500 to light and decorate their L.A. mansion for the Holidays.

Sources close to the couple tell us … G&T placed an order with A-1 Christmas Trees and Lights in L.A. on Tuesday — purchasing two twelve-foot Christmas trees … and a whole mess of lights for their house … totaling approximately $7,500.

But they’ll be sure to have those lights turned off in time for the next Earth Hour, just so they’re not being hypocritical.

With the exception of their Christmas lights, the couple is doing their part to save electricity. Oh, and also with the exception of Pats night games:

But other than that, they’re keeping those lights off and savin… what? Oh. And also with the exception of Gisele’s photo shoots:

Otherwise Tom & Gisele are doing their part to save the planet by cutting out unnecessary electrical usage… your unnecessary electrical usage.

In fairness to Tom & Gisele, the story mentions all the lights they’re purchasing, but it doesn’t say that they plan to plug them in and turn them on.

(h/t Ed Driscoll)

Comments

14 Responses to “Eco Hypocrites of the Day”

1. Linda on December 4th, 2010 4:26 pm

Typical elitist leftie garbage. When *THEY* start living up to the standards they preach, then they might have the privilege of saying something to us, the mere mortals. But until then, I'll use my 100 watt incandescent lightbulbs, thank you very much. (8 in my kitchen, 10 in my bedroom, 6 in my bathroom, 7 in my living room, though I don't have them all on at once)

2. SignPainterGuy on December 4th, 2010 4:48 pm

Pretty much the same here – I do as much as possible the direct opposite of what these earth worshipers say to do ! I keep my utility bills as low as possible because it makes economical sense, not environmental ! For earth hour , beginning a few minutes early and for nearly an hour past, I light my house up like Levy`s ! There isn`t the first CFL in the house and will not be !

3. OK_Loyalist on December 4th, 2010 8:29 pm

The left has been bamboozling their base with the use of class welfare to think that they are all for the middle class, when time and time again the middle class gets hosed by the lefts policies, so naturally one could assume that they believe everyone will fall for the environmental malarkey as easily.

4. Linda on December 4th, 2010 9:12 pm

CFL's… lovely things… contain mercury, and require special disposal… and cost way more than an incandescent bulb. As part of the peon class, which do you think I'm going to choose?

Earth Hour is a leftie plot to make them feel good about how badly they screw up the environment the rest of the time.

5. SignPainterGuy on December 4th, 2010 9:30 pm

CFLs contain 2 hazardous mat`ls, mercury AND phosphorous ! The mercury MAY hurt you, you`ll know way off some time in the future – Phosphorous is a chemical that creates heat when it comes in contact with moisture, like your eyes, or your fingers if you cut yourself trying to clean up the broken glass – you`ll know it imediately and it won`t stop burning until you use the right neutralizer ! Which is more hazardous ?

"Earth Hour is a leftie plot …" – Right, but I`m convinced that many of them believe it to the bone ! Idgits !!

6. Linda on December 5th, 2010 12:00 am

"I can`t describe how happy I am that the AGW, Green lunacy is unravelling and more and more countries are dropping the whole mess !"
    =====
    Yeah, because they're finally figuring out that it costs too darn much, and it doesn't really solve any problems.

I was watching something a few years ago (on Discovery or History, I forget now) about hydrogen fueled cars. The energy expended to create the hydrogen is cost prohibitive, and is more than it takes to create an equal amount of gasoline. If the separators were powered by solar, it would take a block of panels covering every square inch of land from the Mississippi River to the Pacific Ocean, and that wouldn't supply all the cars left from the Mississippi to the Atlantic Ocean. Plus I think home owners in the West, might object to losing their home to a solar panel. :) Oops…

7. SignPainterGuy on December 5th, 2010 12:49 am

How many years would it take to set up the hydrogen fuelling network ? Bio-diesel stations aren`t yet on every corner ….

Have I mentioned lately, I HATE ethanol ?!

8. Linda on December 5th, 2010 2:42 am

"Green jobs don`t pay for themselves……even after 20+ years, look at Spain ! Solar panels are made in China because the greenies and the EPA forbid it here !?"
    =====

Here in Virginia, there's a guy who owns a small business, installing solar pool heaters, solar water heaters, and small residential power installations. *He manufactures his own panels in China, exports them to his company here*, and then installs them. Why is China involved? Because of the Federal regulations, it's cheaper for him to make his panels in China and then import them. He would love to manufacture the panels here, because he could employ about 100 people, but because of the government, 100 people in China are employed, not 100 Americans.
    <sigh> Gotta love da gubmint. :(

9. If it is Sunday……….. « The Daley Gator on December 5th, 2010 2:17 pm

[...] Doug Powers features the Bimbo QB Tom Brady,and his Bimbo squueze! [...]

10. sizemorew on December 6th, 2010 1:02 pm

Apparently, I unintentionally do better about turning the lights off than the lot of these hypocrites combined. I use a flashlight at night when going from my upstairs to my downstairs. Of course, that's only because the genius who designed my house decided to put the light bulb over the stairs at a positively ridiculous height, and I have no idea what to do when the bulb burns out.

11. TheZooKeeper on December 6th, 2010 1:14 pm

Dim bulbs do use less energy.

12. SignPainterGuy on December 6th, 2010 2:01 pm

"…..what to do when the bulb burns out."

1. Call an electrician
    2. Call Obama
    3. Call Ringling Bros.
    4. (Best answer) Buy a bulb-grabbing device on an extending pole – Lowe`s has them or electrical supply store, seriously, I have one….(shaped like a tulip bloom)

At times, I am much more than just a pretty face !

13. SignPainterGuy on December 6th, 2010 2:04 pm

And they tend to reproduce, though I have no idea whether they use less energy while reproducing !?

14. sizemorew on December 6th, 2010 7:33 pm

Option 2 would leave me in the dark.

Thanks for the tip though! I didn't know they have poles for that sort of thing. I'm a moron when it comes to fixing things around the house.