Spotted at The Hill:

Nancy Pelosi agrees.

That’s quite possibly the most pathetically inane, laughably outlandish and patently absurd economic claim ever to originate with this administration — and that’s saying something.

Of course, because of the fact that signs like that idiotic one above were brought about by signs like the one below, maybe the one above isn’t the dumbest sign ever:

Comments

21 Responses to “Dumbest Sign Ever?”

1. ken on December 5th, 2010 2:47 pm

Oh hell yea, add Nasty stupid Pelosi to the Nobel Prize intellectually worthless award for political protégés. Dum/best sign list Awards . She fits right in with them.

2. OK_Loyalist on December 5th, 2010 2:54 pm

Only thing DUMB about either of those signs would be the morons that believe it.

3. SignPainterGuy on December 5th, 2010 3:12 pm

I know for a fact that money spent for business signs multiplies itself many-fold … but these 2 featured signs won`t multiply anything but questions !

Can "sign-holder-guy" explain the principle behind his claim ?

Is Nasty Pelosi REALLY the "Smartest Female Speaker of the House of Reps EVAH" ?

4. Dandapani on December 5th, 2010 3:38 pm

The math doesn't hold up. Run a $1.00 through the FEDS and it "ain't worth a nickel" as my farmer neighbor would say.

5. Doug on December 5th, 2010 4:02 pm

True… Between running money through the FED filter, combined with unemployment insurance taxes businesses pay and the government piling the rest of the amount onto the national debt, if anything, the economy LOSES $3 for every $1 of unemployment compensation put out there…. probably lots more than that even.

6. @Wane_kerr on December 5th, 2010 4:16 pm

I must say they are well made and spelt correctly .I was ashamed at some of the workmanship and misspelt signs at the Tea-bagger events perhaps we could learn something from them after all

7. Clu Seatoe on December 5th, 2010 4:17 pm

So, is the point here that all those people are only asking for is one of those dollars? I am! Give me one of those dollars and tomorrow it will have doubled in value. Oh, wait a minute, is it tomorrow or next week or next month? How long does it actually take to double its value? What about all the dollars I’ve received in unemployment in the past? Is Pelosi’s Tooth Fairy and Pixie Dusted Economics retroactive? If I put one of those dollars on my dresser or under by drool-stained pillow tonight (I should probably put it in a baggie) will it have doubled tomorrow morning? J-WOWW! I’ll never have to work again!

No wonder all the illegal aliens are to coming to America. Wait, one more minute, how’d they hear about this before me?

One wonders if people really believe this tripe. Hey, Mikey, let’s get Bernie Madoff to testify about that, let’s get Enron execs to testify about that. Maybe they do believe it.

8. SignPainterGuy on December 5th, 2010 4:31 pm

Classic example of, "whatever a lib / regressive says, the opposite is true" !

9. Linda on December 5th, 2010 5:06 pm

I'm truly baffled by the Libs who believe this garbage. Can anyone really be that dumb and not have some sort of mental defect?

10. SignPainterGuy on December 5th, 2010 5:14 pm

Long answer, NOOOOO !

11. Doug on December 5th, 2010 5:20 pm

Good point… there's no such thing as a dumb sign, just a dumb sign carrier.

12. SignPainterGuy on December 5th, 2010 5:20 pm

I`ve seen numerous collections of protesters / demonstrators / marchers and their signs (believe me, I`d say this regardless of my political persuassion) , the absolute worst signs for spelling and design aspects are from libs ! I tend to notice other people`s signs, it`s what I do ! 29 years in the business, full time – around it all my 57 years !

13. Devan on December 5th, 2010 6:17 pm

Maybe not the dumbest idea ever, certainly a more complex issue than the author suggests:

14. SignPainterGuy on December 5th, 2010 6:41 pm

"…one might rate this story as 'half true'. "

So at best, we can say, "$1.00 in, $1.00 out", right ?

15. OK_Loyalist on December 5th, 2010 6:55 pm

Is this Mark Zandi the same genius who advised McCain to come off the campaign trail to vote the identical way as Barack Hussein Obama on TARP?

Also not mentioned is the impact of the devaluation of the dollar due to not having the funds to pay for for UI in the first place…well in this case, the third place.

16. Nanny on December 5th, 2010 7:03 pm

Sign should read $1 spent on unemployment = 2 votes for Democraps

17. Doug on December 5th, 2010 7:38 pm

Yes, at the VERY best.

18. Devan on December 5th, 2010 10:18 pm

Probably a bit more than that, if you believe the CBO. "For every dollar spent, the CBO wrote, the GDP would increase by anywhere from $0.70 to $1.90 per year from 2010 to 2015."

19. Devan on December 5th, 2010 10:21 pm

It does not mean that the federal gov't necessarily gets back the money, but it means that it has a cascade affect which ultimatley results in an increase in G.D.P. Ideally meaning more people in most peoples pockets.

20. Devan on December 5th, 2010 10:22 pm

Sorry… more money in most peoples pockets.

21. SignPainterGuy on December 5th, 2010 11:16 pm

Cheap baaaahstages, aren`t they ? (a little 'sheeple' thrown in there for good measure)