Price: $69,500. 1.4 acres. Cabin and dog-eared copy of Al Gore’s book not included.

Comments

8 Responses to “For Sale: Unabomber’s Montana Property”

1. OK_Loyalist on December 6th, 2010 1:11 am

This property was listed as a BYOM … Bring Your Own Manifesto

2. Doug on December 6th, 2010 1:35 am

Ha! The property will probably be purchased by a "fellow traveler"… I can see Ward Churchill being very happy there.

For a minute I'd posted this as his property AND cabin for sale… but the cabin is somewhere else, so it's just the land.

3. SignPainterGuy on December 6th, 2010 3:17 am

$69,500. for 1.4 acres is too high even with the added "infamy" ! Add a nice privy and a stack of Al Gore`s books for striking duties, then it might be worth $29,500. ! There is the security fence, afterall !

4. Lantern Solar | Outdoor Lighting Area on December 6th, 2010 8:46 am

[...] Solar for Sale on [...]

5. Marshall_Will on December 6th, 2010 1:21 pm

"striking duties" LOL. sure you didn't mean dooties?

Nope, not a buyer. Not enough acreage to turn it into a Nan'dersonville Theme Park For The Liberally Disturbed. ( Rangel's ego 'alone' requires a 40 acre bubble-zone? )

I truly believe ( even though Ted's basic premise was that man's technology was 'destroying the earth'! ) that had the internet existed in full fruition ( warts and all ) as it does today, he'd have been the Julian Asswand of his day.

Whether you're trying to derail society via snail-mail letter bombs to ( granted ) highly selected corporate targets, or just feeding enough fecal matter into the cyber-space fan ( just to see what the WTF 'happens'? ) and then stand back and admire your "work", it is in essence, the same twisted approach.

6. SignPainterGuy on December 6th, 2010 3:29 pm

I have to wonder if Ted would have used the interwebs had they been avail. to him, being against technologies as he was ?! In this out-of-the-way location, he`d need a sat. uplink, wouldn`t he ? Monthly bills and ID info floating around and all ! Generator needing fuel ! Money to pay for it all !

OT, (ext. of "striking duties" theme) – In a doc. on the Appalachian Trail an outfitter store owner near trail said he often mails back home stuff hikers realize they don`t need…#1 item(s) – most of the 9 rolls of TP they can do without ! #1 restaurant item bought by hikers – cheeseburgers !

7. Marshall_Will on December 6th, 2010 4:20 pm

Incredibly, I didn't read L. Gordon Corvitz ( WSJ Opinion, w/ multiple Una-Leaky parallels ) until -after- I posted! ( Hey, it's 'Monday' for me too? )

But as MM is fond to remind us, this goes hand in glove w/ the "Austerity for Ye ( but 'not' for ME! )" lib meme. We'll take obviously the Final Act of their Manicesspool-festo' involves deconstructing said medium ( at… a time and place of their choosing ) natch!

8. SignPainterGuy on December 6th, 2010 7:22 pm

I can see Steve Martin (The Jerk) with his arms full of tv nets and print media and his pants around his ankles saying, "I`ve got all I need, I don`t need anything else…….ooh, I need the internet….", and on and on ….!