Every once in a while it’s nice to see a brush-pitch thrown to those who continually think they’re above the rules everybody else has to follow:

India’s foreign minister said Thursday it was unacceptable that the country’s ambassador to the United States was patted down by a security agent at a Mississippi airport, and said he would complain to Washington.
[...]
Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton told reporters Thursday that the State Department is looking into the matter and is trying to determine what can be done to prevent such incidents in the future. She expressed concern but did not apologize for the incident and said it was not raised when she met with the Indian ambassador and other Indian officials on Tuesday.

The Ambassador said she felt “humiliated.” The TSA said she felt “kinda lumpy.”

Hillary said she’d avoid the patdown if she could, too, so the Indian Ambassador certainly has a sympathetic partner in the US State Department.

But don’t worry, the US government’s working like crazy to ensure that the travel rights of foreign dignitaries aren’t again violated in the future. Your rights? Eh, who cares:

Lt. Gov. Phil Bryant said the state has asked for an investigation. He said this wasn’t just a random search of a passenger

“It certainly is troubling to me that they would not have the good sense to realize this is the ambassador with diplomatic papers and a roomful of people, including the governor’s staff, verifying who she is,” Bryant said.

Because diplomatic papers would be almost impossible to forge and fool the TSA with.

It sounds to me as if India’s working towards an unconditional Obamapology. During Obama’s visit they had the coconuts removed for him and everything, and how they’re repaid:

India Foreign Minister S.M. Krishna said Thursday that this was the second time the ambassador had been treated this way in three months and that he would take up the issue with the U.S. government.

“Let me be very frank that this is unacceptable to India,” he said.

Next time I hope the TSA guy gives her such an overzealous search that he loses his wristwatch.

India is talking about possible sanctions against the US for this incident, up to and including denying Americans access to tech support for a full month.

Video from CNN:

Comments

16 Responses to “TSA Patdown of India’s Ambassador to the US Sparks Apparent International Incident”

1. Zilla on December 9th, 2010 8:14 pm

Great post, Doug, this is the first I am seeing of this (thanks, MSM!).

The Indian Ambassador is likely a Hindu, she should have donned a hijab and said she was muslim because then they'd have left her alone or let her pat herself down. And do you know why? Because TSA agents were trained in capitulation and appeasement of islamists by islamic supremacists! You can read about THAT at my blog: http://zillablog.marezilla.com/2010/12/tsa-insani

2. SignPainterGuy on December 9th, 2010 9:04 pm

Just read and posted at your blog, Zilla ! It`s worse than we can imagine !

3. Zilla on December 9th, 2010 9:11 pm

Thanks, SPG! And thanks to Doug Powers and this terrific blog where our paths could cross, I'm really glad to have you as my new friend.

I too am convinced that as bad as we think it is based on what we already know, the truth is likely far, far worse than we can even imagine.

4. Zilla on December 9th, 2010 9:12 pm

I shared this post at that political information page that I run on facebook.

5. Marshall_Will on December 9th, 2010 9:33 pm

"up to and including denying Americans access to tech support for a full month"

Hey damn it! ( Play fair..? ) As a nation we'd probably come to a grinding halt if they cut us off like that.

Truthfully? I love the Indians. If you work around finance, every 3rd. guy's name is "Ajay". It's like hanging out w/ Kummar 24/7. One of the bond trader's wife stopped by for lunch and to say she was absolutely stunning would make a taser feel like a 'carpet shock'.

One time I asked him how he felt about her ( expecting to hear undying worship! ) and he said, "Mehra? She's 'ok' ". It's just how they are! Friday after work, they're the guys you want to go bar hopping with!

6. Marshall_Will on December 9th, 2010 9:44 pm

Is it possible ( or perhaps there's already a movement afoot? ) to simply stage Monthly/random "No-fly Days"? Obviously unless and until the airlines are feeling the -pinch- on their qtrly. earnings.., nothing is going to change.

Caught Glenn Beck at lunch and while I wasn't following the full context of what was said, he made a point I found ultra-chilling, he said; "They just haven't created the "right problem" yet!"

Wow, thinking about it and he's absolutely right. Soros is effectively "giving up on America" and turning toward China ( who 'else' ) to provide the catalyst. If Obie hasn't found "the right problem yet" ( it certainly hasn't been for lack of trying? ) The Economy is ailing? More LEECHES!

7. ken on December 9th, 2010 10:14 pm

Come on it's all about us. take all foreign dignitaries all our good & bad leaders will go through a private door to the planes we will be paying the bill on & all other Americans from grandma to that terrible 3 year old will be in pat downs like it or not.

8. SignPainterGuy on December 9th, 2010 10:29 pm

MS Lt. Gov. said, "….common sense should prevail!" This IS the DHS and the TSA, both agencies of the US gov`t. Did he miss the memo ?! The very first thing to be tossed out the window is COMMON SENSE ! For cryin` out loud !

The Embassador is pretty, but not the "taser over carpet-shock" level! TSA must'a been trying to make a point !

9. Marshall_Will on December 9th, 2010 10:59 pm

"Did he miss the memo ?!"

Well Uh-PAIR-ent-LEE…

I'm… getting the willies here. Anyone think there's a 'possibility' The President is just now realizing he's been had by his handlers and fully realizes what he was sent to 'do' will NEVER fly by the American people!?

I do. Study his facial expressions of late. There's this new brand of acquiesence I just haven't seen before? It's… the kind of look a sailor gets when he's only now coming to grips w/ the fact the $40 ( sampler ) bottle of champagne he just paid for… ( isn't being shared w/ a…, ) well you know.

You want OUT in the worst way ( damned 'private booths'! ) but if he makes a scene everybody's gonna know! Seriously guys, I think he wants to come clean with us, Obama hasn't figured out 'how' just yet. It's like "Everything is happening so… 'fast'?" prom date-I-never thought-it-would-go-this-far-nightmare. He's become a "place holder" until they can install someone that CAN "get 'er done".

10. SignPainterGuy on December 9th, 2010 11:26 pm

I`ve noticed the look on Obie-teh-One`s face for some time, but I don`t know if it`s JUST the petulent child who isn`t getting his way, or if he realizes just how far in over his head he is !

I`m convinced he AND his handlers are looking for "just the right crisis" to be the trigger for martial law or the like !

Yeah, M_W, I`ve HAD the willies for a while – Zilla`s new post will spin your willies like a top !

11. Nanny on December 9th, 2010 11:45 pm

India's prime minister musta looked liked a member of the tea party!

12. Clu Seatoe on December 10th, 2010 12:21 am

Boy, Mao Tsa Bama, I’ll bet is sucks to be you right now (well why should we limit your sucking life to just right now), with all that egg dripping off your face. After spending all those boogie nights in India recently this is how you reciprocate, with your TSA goon squads molesting an Indian government official. I know your mama’s shaking her finger at you.

Just for this you get earthworm Karma. So your next life will probably be on a par with a dung beetle and you better be nicer to people or you’ll be Karma down from there.

Maybe if you take him and his family to 7-11 for a Slurpee brain freeze they may forget about it. I just know they’ll thank you for a great tasting headache.

13. Zilla on December 10th, 2010 1:28 am

Heh. The Ads by Google I see on the bottom of this page say:

Ads by Google
    TSA Air Marshal Jobs

TSA Screening

TSA Body Frisk

TSA Gov Careers

TSA Airports

14. Marshall_Will on December 10th, 2010 12:42 pm

"boogie nights… goon squads… earthworm Karma… Slurpee brain freeze"

In the words of the Great Little Richard, "I can't say it no betta' den dat'! "

It is now a 'real' Friday!

15. Zilla on December 10th, 2010 7:27 pm

Thanks for the recommendation, SPG!
    Oh my, nobody ever told me that I had the power to 'spin willies' before!

16. SignPainterGuy on December 10th, 2010 10:14 pm

What kind of friend would I be if I didn`t help you to realize the useful powers you have ? Surely Mr Powers would agree, as long as I cease from calling him Shirley !