When a “journalist” says “many people” or “some say,” it’s usually just a weak cover for their personal opinion, and that’s all it was in this brief portion of Barbara Walters’ interview with Sarah Palin:

Jim Hoft on what Americans really find scawwy… er, I mean, scary:

She wishes.

What Americans find really, really scary is another two years of the Obama-Pelosi regime. That’s why they voted 63 of the radicals out of office in a historic landslide last month.

In the real world, away from Hollywood and DC pundits, Americans are afraid of another two years of record deficits, historic debt, record unemployment, Keynesian spending, illogical foreign policy and TSA agents groping children, nuns and grandmothers.

Can you imagine Walters reminding Obama that “many people find the thought of you as pwesident scawwy”? It’s true, but she’d never tell him that — and if that’s not evidence of bias, nothing is.

I haven’t yet heard how Palin answered, but I hope she said something like “Of course some would find it scary. I’d slash spending, take a halibut club to wasteful redundancy, trim the pork, sign a repeal of the absolute disaster that is Obamacare and kill enough of the Beltway’s sacred cows to feed every American steak for eight years! Next question, Baba!”

Comments

16 Responses to “Baba Wawa Reminds Sarah Palin That ‘Many People’ Find the Thought of Her Being President ‘Scawwy’”

1. Mike S. on December 10th, 2010 12:25 pm

Actually, I have a question for Baba: after the years of riding herd on Behar, Goldberg, and the long-gone O'Donnell, and apparently sharing some or all of their views, how are we supposed to believe you have a shred of journalistic integrity left? And a follow-up question: why haven't you retired yet? Aren't you about 115 years old?

2. OK_Loyalist on December 10th, 2010 12:32 pm

ROFL Perfect !!!

Ironically as I am reading this our local AM talk show is playing the Palin answer, not much different than the answer she gave the first time she was asked this question (by Katie ?).

3. Clu Seatoe on December 10th, 2010 12:37 pm

Scawwy of me? Scawwy of what?

Giving them more self-determination? No thank you! I had enough of that under Bush and I remember the Reagan years. I had to do for myself or go without.

No, no I’m perfectly happy living in my ipod, iphone texting world, never having to look up or make eye contact, and my check comes every month. (Hey, Mao Tsa Bama, looks like its working. It may take another generation, maybe two to finalize, but your dream actually may come true when all those pesky freedom-lovers die off. Get the children, get the children.)

Baba took poll just before the interview? No, she’s talking from within herself, her own feelings.

4. Marshall_Will on December 10th, 2010 12:58 pm

"never having to look up or make eye contact"

Touche`. Hey, 'I' employ those "weasel words" from time to time myself. ( And posters here are never reluctant to call me OUT on it! ) As in; "Where's your chart dude?"

Not sure what you're intent is when you say "Get the children"? Are you implying we should cover their poor little ears from lib/prog-fanity or simply that libs basically assume every American below a certain age is automatically a layup for their Agenda?

And it's Mao Tse not Mao "Tsa" Ba… oh, I get it! Duh.

5. SignPainterGuy on December 10th, 2010 2:09 pm

Good analogies Clu, you seem to have a habit of that ! ;o)

"Baba took poll …", sure she did ! I believe it just as much as when Shrillary said , "People are all the time coming up to me and asking …." ! Riiiiiiiiight, sure they did ! IN YOUR MIND ! Signs of senility…..

Louis LaMour said the liar and the thief count on two things; that they are too slick to be caught and that everyone else is too dumb to catch them !" (paraphrased) Sorry Baba and Shrillary, neither is the case !

"MaoTsa Bama" good one !

"Get the children" – Religeous leaders will tell you, "Give me a child before he is 5, and by 8, he will be a believer for life !"

6. Marshall_Will on December 10th, 2010 2:59 pm

"he will be a believer for life"

This is where I'm flapping my gums w/ the OR GOP. You make suggestions that might actually BENEFIT young/er conservatives and they start spouting off some quote from Rand or Friedman.

Ef'ing great. Do any of us really believe the whole Liberal Agenda was spawned, hatched and UNLEASHED upon the U.S in (1) fell swoop? That the 60's went -right- from "Drop out, tune in and turn ON!" to… ( it's perfectly 'normal' to drop trou w/ your dorm-mate just to see if it 'suits' you ) overnight?

Well it won't work in Reverse for -conservatives- overnight either? Hey, I love reading Toynbee etc. ( but how is that helping some 20 y.o? ) Just more old folks babbling about back in the day. The morning after the mid's MM told the Dem's to take their Olive branch and "Shove It!". She wasn't wrong. But that doesn't mean Olive Branches no longer serve a purpose when extended to the appropriate group. Sizemorew, help me out here!

7. SignPainterGuy on December 10th, 2010 3:31 pm

I hear ya ! Nothing will happen in one feld swoop, but when our house majority is seated in Jan., along with the state R majorities around the country and we begin to make changes we CAN believe in, I believe "attitudes" will improve and we will have a significant part of the battle won ! If bus. leaders can KNOW what is coming at them, they`ll make decisions that benefit the economy ! Right now, they have a case of "lock wallet" ! (lock jaw)

8. Marshall_Will on December 10th, 2010 3:43 pm

SPG,

Correct. In the stock mkt. it's called a "Buyer's Strike". It isn't a matter investors don't have the liquidity ( they do! ) They're just not seeing anything that strikes their fancy?

You're a businessman. Making a commitment to expansion isn't as simple as clicking a mouse on the hyper-link that says "Buy NOW!" It's infinitely more involved.

It's hard for me not to feel a 'certain' sense of disappointment in our conservative pundits that it's taken THREE YEARS into the meltdown to realize Small Businesses are our ticket out? Remember: "Liquidity is a COWARD!"

9. SignPainterGuy on December 10th, 2010 4:24 pm

"Liquidity is a coward!", Took me a minute – YES IT IS !
    You can`t spend money you either "don`t have" or without a reasonable expectation of positive return, or borrow money you`re not fairly sure you can pay back, you don`t buy tools that will break the first time you really put them to the test, you don`t spend ad. dollars where you get no return or the wrong kind of customer (that`s the $10.00 guy who wants 8 hrs of work on a car tag but chokes when it`s more than $10.00) , etc., etc. !

Step over to MM`s place : "Kaboom – another Palin-hater self combusts", #30, COGS` comment on a Palin White house…Priceless !

10. Marshall_Will on December 10th, 2010 4:40 pm

"but chokes when it's more than $10.00"

LOL, been there.

Let me just get this out of the way, right here, right now. 'My' 2012 GOP Ticket?

Trump/Palin !

Here's why: Personally, I can't stand The Donald. BUT… the man -does- know how to mount a serious comeback! Guys, I've made millions ( and I've… LOST millions! ) One time I lost a $ mil. in one ( that's (1) day! )

But I keep coming back. Why… I have no IDEA! Amazing Mrs. Will has put up w/ it all these years? After fashion, yes, I'd be voting for 'myself'. Sarah get's the Tea Party vote/gals and Donald tells the Saudi's "You're FIRED!" and goes back to his Board.., 'scuse me, "Oval Office" meeting before his lunch gets cold.

11. SignPainterGuy on December 10th, 2010 9:15 pm

Ok, the Donald knows how to make money, but I personally have never been impressed with anything else about him, especially that hair ! Sorry, no, not Trump as pres. – financial advisor, now you`re talking !

As for Sarah, I`m a fan ! BUT, not for P or VP ! Not anymore ! BDS was bad enough the previous 8 yrs., having her in the White House would be too big a distraction – besides, she is doing a fab. job in the support roll, getting the conservative message out and campaigning for others !

West/DeMint right now for me ! continued…

12. SignPainterGuy on December 10th, 2010 9:26 pm

DeMint`s bona fidas are well known, I`m fine with him in either slot……

I`ve been reading all around the net about Allen West; conservative, war hero, loyal, over achiever, family man, good economic sense, understands the concept of nat`l security and more !

At a time when America will elect a black man as pres., and I`d say would riot in the streets if he were impeached as he deserves, having a genuine well spoken conservative candidate who just happens also to be black stands a far greater chance of bridging the racial divide and being elected than any other possible candidate I can see on the radar ! I hope that came out right – I want what`s best for our country and her place in the world ! I`d vote for him !

13. OK_Loyalist on December 11th, 2010 5:48 pm

Last night Mark Levin commented that one of the books Sarah said she read was Mark's "Liberty & Tyranny" and Babawa edit it out. Imagine that !!!

14. SignPainterGuy on December 11th, 2010 7:58 pm

I would have loved it if Sarah had said Glenn Beck`s "Broke" or even better, "Arguing With Idiots" ! Babawa would have choked and swung right into the "tree of choice" question !

As it was , Sarah made a good choice !

15. OK_Loyalist on December 11th, 2010 8:45 pm

Levin said it's because he calls her names LOL

16. SignPainterGuy on December 11th, 2010 9:25 pm

What could be worse than Baba Wawa ?