The global warming summit in Cancun, Mexico is over, but the record cold temps have migrated northward and the snow and cold caused by global warming is wreaking havoc on our nation’s football stadiums:

The game scheduled Sunday between the Giants and Vikings has been moved to Monday at Ford Field in Detroit, where the roof doesn’t cave in but the Lions usually do (except today — do you believe in miracles? YES!).

However, Michigan has its share of global warming right now too. Here’s a picture from this morning just outside the family compound here in Powerbunkport just as the heat-induced snow was beginning to fall:

It’s several inches deeper now. But that’s just a dusting compared to Minnesota. Ed Morrissey at Hot Air had some video and pics of the global warming in the Gopher State.

(h/t HAP)

Comments

11 Responses to “Video: Minneapolis Metrodome Roof Caves In; Global Warming to Blame”

1. SignPainterGuy on December 13th, 2010 1:03 am

While I have enjoyed my spring and summertime visits to the great lakes states, MN and the Dakotas, I`ve had little desire to be there in the winter – my family seems to be missing the eskimo gene !

Here in the Tar Heel State, it`s 15 degrees heading for 10 with a regional range of snow from 1 in. here to 6 + in surrounding areas and more falling and more predicted ! Personally, I`d appreciate some warming of the globe ! BRRRRRR !

BTW, Doug, Powerbunkport is lovely in winter`s blanket ! I`ll bet spring brings it all back to life nicely, too!

2. Clu Seatoe on December 13th, 2010 2:15 am

I spent the winter in Alaska a couple years back on a contract for the FAA. According to the FAA the weather fronts drive off the North Pacific up towards the Pole where it picks up its anger and fierceness following the Jet Stream and slams back down usually to the west of the Great Lakes. Nothing new to a lot of folks I’m sure, but I found it interesting.

While there I learned that the winters are actually milder than those in Mid-West of the lower 48. Not necessarily the temps, it still gets darn cold, but in the Anchorage area no big blows, no great accumulation, no chains required.

A bit of trivia: I think it was just after the turn of the century even Palm Springs, CA got snow.

3. SignPainterGuy on December 13th, 2010 3:10 am

My Sister lived in North Dakota and said it would get well below zero and might snow for 2 weeks straight with wind blowing the entire time, and wind up with 1/4 '' on the ground ! Or 15' drifts ! Later, she moved to Minnesota – still got the sub-zero temps but 4' snows ! Too cold and too much snow for me ! We are crippled here with more than a foot ! It`s so hard on the homeless, the snow and ice brings down powerlines, the milk and bread disappear off the grocery store shelves as if by magic !

4. OK_Loyalist on December 13th, 2010 3:13 am

Toilet paper goes here first ! LOL

5. SignPainterGuy on December 13th, 2010 3:46 am

Followed closely by Algore`s "An Inconvenient Truth" ??

K-1 kerosene for unvented heaters goes up a dime / gallon at the mere mention of snow in NC ! If it actually snows several inches, the price can jump 20 cents in 2 days ! And not every station carries it !

6. TheZooKeeper on December 13th, 2010 12:59 pm

For the first time, the media could actually use the phrase "game-changer" without being cliched.

7. Marshall_Will on December 13th, 2010 1:11 pm

"where the roof doesn't cave in but the Lions usually do"

… takes a real man to own up to that btw. ( How can you be an Oregonian and 'not' be a Joey Harrington FAN!? )

"heat-induced snow"

For those of us lacking in Junk Science 'Degrees' perhaps Mr. Powers can elaborate for those of us less enlightened? ( When he gets done alternately freezing/laughing his b@lls off )

8. SignPainterGuy on December 13th, 2010 2:58 pm

Thanks for the HA link to snow and cold vids, Doug ! That`s all I need to realize it`s not "really" cold here at 15 degrees ! The Minnesota Cold series was fun – the broken t`s might become a new fashion fad, I`ve seen much worse ideas ! The frozen bubbles brought the kid out`a me ! The "Frozen Wave" in Antarctica was too pretty, looked like a blue salmon filet ! Yes I have been craving fish lately, why do you ask ?!

If Global Warming hits MN any harder, snow blower ownership will become mandatory !

9. SignPainterGuy on December 13th, 2010 7:46 pm

I realize that "cold" is a relative term, but dang it`s cold !! I made my daily romp around town to 2 grocery stores, the post office where the flag was standing straight out (50 mph gusts) and Burger Doodle and ate in the car (the sparrows were out expecting their ff`s as usual) and got gas….I made a dash out to fill the bird and squirrel feeder without my coat on before taking my boots off for the day – geeeee whizzzz ! I`ll clean the steps and walks for myself and the two neighbor widows TOMORROW !

10. maladroit on December 14th, 2010 12:29 am

And in NY, the NY Jets organization breathed a collective sigh of relief — no longer tabbed as the most monumental collapse of the 2010 NFL season.

11. SignPainterGuy on December 14th, 2010 1:55 pm

A few years ago, WNC was hit with heavy snow and ice that brought down trees and powerlines, we were crippled for days. My buddy and an employee were walking thru WallyWorld picking up a few things and watching the shoppers grabbing stuff . As they entered the sporting goods aisle they spotted a guy loading up on Coleman fuel cannisters. The guy saw my friends and almost raked the entire shelf-load of fuel into his cart ! That spurred my buddy to ask, I wonder if any of the mill employees who have campers and rv`s out in the backyard ever think to just move out there till the power comes back on !? The guy stopped dead, stood still for a moment, and then began placing the cannisters back on the shelf !