Michael Moore, who is national security threat according to Michelle Obama, offered to put $20,000 toward Julian Assange’s bail, which has now been granted:

UPDATE: Julian Assange has been granted bail, set at $308,000. Prosecutors are appealing but if bail goes through, Assange must also surrender his passport, has a curfew and wear a tracker, according to The Guardian.

The left’s favorite documentary filmmaker announced Tuesday that he has offered the British government a sizable sum to post bail for Julian Assange.

On his website, Michael Moore said he has put up $20,000 for the release of the WikiLeaks founder currently being detained by British officials over sexual assault allegations stemming from Sweden.

Moore was in a high-priced Florida fat farm so he came up with the bail money by not buying donuts and pizza for one day.

Moore’s reason for posting bail is that Assange and Wikileaks did freedom a great service. However, Assange was being held on sex charges (it’s like getting Capone on tax evasion, but whatever works). Even assuming Moore really believes that the world has a right to know everything (an opinion that would rapidly change if the world got to know Michael Moore’s credit card number), does that mean that purveyors of such information should be immune from all other laws?

As far as the charges alone are concerned, Moore gave bail money to a sexual assault suspect, not a “champion of transparency.”

Comments

15 Responses to “National Security Threat Offers Bail Money to National Security Threat”

1. Marshall_Will on December 14th, 2010 2:47 pm

I'm thoroughly confused? "National Security" ( for her and her Jihadi-apologist husband ) are only an 'issue' when it suits their nanny-genda? Ok. Got it.

Analogy? Yes! Meet Slippery Slope. One of my good friends is the head Guard recruiter for the State of Oregon. It's not just a matter of Body Mass Index or if they are categorized as 'obese'. ( You have to be able to PASS the damned PT Test! )

He goes 'on' to explain, actually only about 15% of Males 18 to 25 are even ELIGIBLE for enlistment! 1) And this is a biggie, before you can take the P 'T' Test, you have to pass the 'P' test? Major Disqualifier. Hint, next time your liberal mom passes you a jibber, tell you'd like to have a normal life.

Secondly, other than minimal parking/traffic tickets, you can't have any Criminal/DUI etc. charges. Another major disqualifier.

You have to have completed HS. GED's are no longer accepted. If FLOTUS needs a cause celeb, start there.

2. SignPainterGuy on December 14th, 2010 2:58 pm

Wow, and even with that low qualifying rate I hear that the enlistment waiting line is long ! And Charlie "the most ethical congress-critter evah" Rangel has submitted his annual Re-Institute the Draft bill !

3. SignPainterGuy on December 14th, 2010 3:07 pm

On one hand, it seems to be a rather low donation (pledge) from such a high profile celeb…(should that be "wide" profile?) But on the other hand, these lefty celebs look at their contributions as worth so much more than just face value !

A passle of British celebs have pooled their money to post the bail – Moore probably could have bought the pizza and donuts and not screwed up his diet plan !

4. Marshall_Will on December 14th, 2010 3:20 pm

SPG,

Yes, it is a long line and even I can't 'pull strings' for my son-in-law. And since it was FLOTUS that opened this can o' worms to begin with, this now goes hand-in-glove w/ the Nightmare Act.

Other than the Army, I believe the other Branches all require a Security Clearance. That's still another major disqualifier. Form SF 86 is so comprehensive it's mind-boggling. I seriously doubt most applicants that "didn't realize they were Illegals until -after- they graduated high school!" could get thru the intense scrutiny?

It's Lip Service 360 w/ 'this' administration. Oh, Doug, thanks for the Ed Morrisey link advocating insurance companies write fire policies for homes already engulfed in flames!

5. Doug on December 14th, 2010 3:47 pm

Ha! Good point… Assange is the last best hope for transparency and maintaining a free state and all Mr. Multimillionaire has for him is twenty grand?

6. SignPainterGuy on December 14th, 2010 4:14 pm

While I firmly believe that ALL involved in the WickedLeaks cases deserve the strongest punishments possible, (30 days in the electric chair comes to mind) and I DON`T think everyone has a right to know everything that`s going on, since all this info was released, I`m finding it very interesting and confirmationally shocking ! You really don`t want to know, much less watch, how sausage is made!
    "Diplomacy is ugly" just doesn`t quite cover it !

"Lip Service 360" – good call M_W !

7. SignPainterGuy on December 14th, 2010 4:31 pm

There was a time not too long ago when "someone" would have made him disappear into the land of conspiracy theories ! And speaking of which, after Soros has destroyed the economies of 4 (?) nations, why is he still upright and in public, as it were ?! Is his security detail THAT good, or are we just THAT incompetent ?! Just asking !

8. Marshall_Will on December 14th, 2010 4:41 pm

Rick,

In just reading Doug's link, yes, it's already scripted like a "trailer". With of course 'connections' to Bush/Cheney only 'he' can see. Reminds me of..?

Yeah, it's a lot like that.

9. Rick on December 14th, 2010 4:51 pm

Doughnuts aside,Moore smells another crackpot movie.

It’s hard to believe ASSange can’t be grabbed for spying,treason or terrorism by the USA or other countries.That is,if there were such things in Sorosworld.

10. nannykins on December 14th, 2010 4:53 pm

As long as you have Eric Holder at DOJ they won't go after him.

11. SignPainterGuy on December 14th, 2010 5:18 pm

Stretching the "national security" topic slightly out of shape (I can`t stand it), NC legislators, long known for condoning issuance of drivers licenses to illegal aliens who can show receipts for 2 consecutive months of a utility bill, the new R majority is trying to change election law to require a valid photo ID in order to vote…the usual lefty lib representatives are screaming bloody murder, citing the greater likelyhood of being struck by lightning than for voter fraud to occur !!? WHAT !!??

Water must not be wet in North Carolina !!

12. Marshall_Will on December 14th, 2010 5:33 pm

"being struck by lightning than for voter fraud" lol

Not out of shape at all. Can someone PLEASE explain to me how some non-obese, didn't know they were here illegally, borrow your cousin's social security number, midnight move-out, forced into the shadows DREAM Act Applicant is going to run 'this' gauntlet of Security?

Well… they can't. And FLOTUS/ Duh Left know it. Unless of course proponents like Ken Wong ( hat tip MM ) want to see their "best and brightest" spending their WHOLE time in the military scrubbing pots & pans? Because 'without' a Security Clearance that is -exactly- what they'll be allowed to do! Just ridiculous.

13. SignPainterGuy on December 14th, 2010 5:50 pm

"Oops ! Document not found !" Try again,M_W, I`m curious !

Back after late lunch !

14. Marshall_Will on December 14th, 2010 6:16 pm

I always have problems getting gub'mint links to post! In any event, the SF 86 Sec. Clearance Application is like -nothing- you or I went thru as boot camps. Nothing.

When I got my first Sec. Clearance ( circa 1980? ) it was like; "Are you 'now' or have you 'ever' been a Member of the Communist Party?" No? Nazi Party? No? Then they'd call your HS football coach and… that was pretty much it! Approved!

Well not any more. It's a lengthy and gruelling process that can take years! The CAF ( Central Adjudication Facility ) is completely overwhelmed. Huge backlog. My BIL works in that arena so I know a bit about it.

The Bottomline Lip Service 360 is that Nightmare Act supporters aren't oblivious to this! In fact, they're well -aware- of it ( and this is WHY they think they're being so 'clever' ) Their "offering" Military Service as a viable option is what your father probably described as "the sleeves from the vest".

15. SignPainterGuy on December 14th, 2010 8:19 pm

In `71, it was clear that the Vietnam war was not being fought to be won, only one friend enlisted, a couple were drafted, but I got a very high draft lottery no., 357 and a school deferment which I used…..later learned I have a heart condition that would have disqualified me from most military duty. So , what I`m gettin` to is, I missed the boot camp experience ! I did have to take a lie detector test to work as a carpenter and sometimes-draftsman for a convenience store chain ! (Loved the work – hated the co.) When I was 28 ish and my marriage SUCKED, I talked with 2 recruiters, Navy and Coast Guard, I was told I was too old. Oh well, back to the hog ring, I mean grind stone (maybe millstone) !

Real citizens are being prohibited or restricted from fulfilling their sense of duty and desire while flinging wide the doors of opportunity to those who don`t deserve it ! It`s a situation that must be remedied SOON !

My Dad had his own unique way of expressing things, "the sleeves from the vest" wasn`t among them !! What ?