Everybody knows why the National Organization for Women doesn’t like Hooters — for the same reason a rusty, backfiring ’78 Ford Pinto hates a classic car show — but they can’t just come out and say that. Soooo, what to do? Well, a bunch of pro-abortion hags have now got to convince everybody that they suddenly care about “the children”:

The National Organization for Women filed complaints against local Hooters restaurants Thursday, but not for exploiting its scantily clad waitresses by subjecting them to leering and groping customers.

The subject this time was Hooters’ catering to children.

The restaurants in San Francisco, San Bruno, Sacramento and Orange County are classified as “adult entertainment” establishments but also serve minors, NOW’s California chapter said in papers filed with police and prosecutors.

What’s more, the organization said, Hooters provides child menus, high chairs and booster seats, and sells T-shirts in children’s sizes that identify the wearer as a “Future Hooters Girl.”

It’s kind of like trying to nail Capone on tax evasion instead of what they really want to do.

Hey, I don’t want my daughter wearing a “future Hooters girl” shirt either, but I sure as hell don’t want her wearing a “future NOW member” shirt even more, so NOW can go ahead and mind their own business and let the rest of America do the parenting.

(h/t Sister Toldjah — photo by way of Doug Ross)

Comments

24 Responses to “Inspirations for the Invention of Beer Goggles Target Hooters for Catering to Kids”

1. Adam on December 17th, 2010 2:07 pm

Quite the provocative story. I may have to go and do some in depth research on my own. Anyone want to go with me?

2. ken on December 17th, 2010 2:08 pm

Having a "HOOTER" wife is grate and what the heck another woman that her kids tell her were they want to eat and "hay mom while here get me a t shirt" like the other one over McD's toys for kid meals next they will out law the marines in there toys for tots . What she or they are upset over they can't stop their husbands from eating there or are just a little flat on everything.

3. Marshall_Will on December 17th, 2010 2:19 pm

Eyes FRONT! there little soldier!

Leering, maybe. "Groping" I doubt it. Sounds like a great way to be escorted from the premises w/ a wetted napkin to staunch the bleeding! I've been to the one in Las Vegas and it's def. "look ( don't touch! )"

Actually it was at Mrs. Will's nutty cousin's insistence. They've lived there for 25 years and when they have guests, they like to show them the town! In truth, the gals at the "Silverton" and "Orleans" are more scantily-clad and the Orleans is family-friendly w/ ice rink, theater and arcade, buffet etc.

4. Marshall_Will on December 17th, 2010 2:43 pm

Clu,

LOL, yeah it escapes me too? I'm not sure where the 'line' is here but both of our daughters have worked as models for the boat and auto shows. Although the gals wear FULL ( and very professional looking! ) pant-suits.

They're given very specific instructions as to 'how' they can interact w/ the public and since boats are "designed to be sold to the wives"..? The oldest sold advertising door-to-door and I'm sure her looks didn't 'hurt'? ( Hint, ugly guys always have great looking daughters! ) Funny that way huh?

Hooters is -very- tame compared to the Silverton where the bikini tops barely keep it R-rated. But those gals aren't looking to "pick up a quick $200 bucks". Lots of L.A producer-types come there on the weekends and… like everybody, they're looking for their "big break"!

5. Marshall_Will on December 17th, 2010 2:58 pm

Rick,

And as you'd suspect, a quick Google Image search revealed that Patricia Bellasalama does indeed greatly resemble Mama Cass. ( Adam got the good end of the 'research' )

6. SignPainterGuy on December 17th, 2010 3:02 pm

I can see some validity to the notion that the women`s lib movement was for sour-a**ed, ugly women ! Hooters ismuch like WallyWorld to me – no one is forced to work there and no one is forced to buy / eat there ! Not only is there often a line out front to get in, there is an applicant line of future Hooters girls – if it`s so terrible, would girls / women be lined up wanting to work there ?!

As for the "family-friendly" aspect, it`s a parental decision entirely, besides, Hooters uniforms are way less revealing than what`s shown openly at any beach or rec. park swimming pool ! Get a grip women of NOW !

7. Marshall_Will on December 17th, 2010 3:20 pm

"no one is forced to work there"

True. I once had a client that was a mgr. of the one in San Diego and he was a total professional. Hooters is more of a local thing. Girls don't come from all over the country to work at the one in Cleveland for example?

I understand that the redistributive policies of the Left want to assure we are equally poor, and Obama is "won't rest!" until he's accomplished exactly that! ( See MM's most-excellent "crab-in-the-bucket-syndrome" today ) but now his minions are working 'round the clock to ensure those of us fortunate enough to be eye-pleasing are repressed out of existence!

"Looks" don't last people! Enjoy 'em while you got 'em, and oh ( have a Plan B )

8. Rick on December 17th, 2010 3:23 pm

The Dems,NAGS and gubmint have NO problem with pervs in scouting,schools or adoptions.They will stand their ground against Hooters…otay.

9. Marshall_Will on December 17th, 2010 4:01 pm

I LOVE crabs ( steamed and swimming in butter ) I'm not so bored I could while away the hours as they duke it out though? Especially when we all… know 'where' they're going to wind up!

Ed Morrisey agrees: http://hotair.com/archives/2010/12/16/where-is-th

All that remain is for Mrs. Malkin to write a Children's Book about "The Little Crab That Got Away!" ( At least we'd be assured there'd be 'one' happy ending, even if we have to write it ourselves )

10. Shannon on December 17th, 2010 4:08 pm

I worked as a Hooters girl for two days. I hated it, but no one forced me to do it. When I realized it wasn't for me,I quit. No big deal. I probably wouldn't take my children there just because there are other places they'd rather go and I definitely wouldn't buy my little girl a t-shirt. Parents need to make this decision not NOW.

11. Adam on December 17th, 2010 4:11 pm

The joke is kind of on me though, since I think their food is not very good (at least is was the last time I was at a hooter's which was like maybe 8 years ago)…Looks like all my research will most likely involve a liquid lunch or dinner.

12. Rob on December 17th, 2010 4:30 pm

Looky there, the boy in the picture knows what's good for him! I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that he isn't part of the Massachusetts education system.

13. Rob on December 17th, 2010 4:55 pm

hehe Nice.

14. ken on December 17th, 2010 4:55 pm

PLAN BE WOULD BE ( A FACE LIFT OR A BOOB JOB )

15. ken on December 17th, 2010 4:58 pm

how about chunky cheese to see the big Rat

16. ken on December 17th, 2010 5:00 pm

Patricia Bellasalma. Attorney at Law at Law Office of Patricia Bellasalma. Location: Orange County, California Area; Industry

17. Marshall_Will on December 17th, 2010 5:14 pm

Shannon,

Thank you for that perspective. Nor would there be anything for you or the other girls to be 'ashamed' of? There's a LOT of perfectly legit employment where having looks comes into play.

There's no such thing as "an ugly pharmaceutical rep"! Doctors look at plenty of overweight people and their various rashes and diseases all day every day. When a guy or gal from Merck, Pfizer etc. comes by to drop off samples and talk about its effectivenes ( over a drink ) the drug co. wants nicer and younger looking reps. FACT!

Bank tellers. Financial planners, mutual fund wholesalers, the list goes on. No one should be made uncomfortable ( or HIT on ) because of their appearance. ( There's a -reason- I've always Sold better "over the phone"! ) Really, I'm ok w/ it.

18. Pasadena Phil on December 17th, 2010 6:08 pm

It's not that Hooters has anything against hiring fat, ugly women, it's just that our FLOTUS is waging a ferocious and relentless war against childhood obesity and has equated her crusade to a war against terrorism. It's now a national security issue and Hooters is nothing if not patriotic.

19. Scott B on December 17th, 2010 6:12 pm

I'm with ya, Adam! :)

20. Marshall_Will on December 17th, 2010 6:21 pm

Pasadena Phil,

I KNEW there was a Moochelle connection! Do you think she'd be 'as' peeved if Hooters jumped the shark and went topless ( as long as they were serving wholesome 'food'? )

It's all about the kiddies you know! Just as long as "No Crab Gets Out Of Here ALIVE!" ( w/ posthumous apologies to Jim Morrison )

21. SignPainterGuy on December 17th, 2010 7:31 pm

Bought milk yesterday, they were calling for snow, still have plenty of bread !

22. SignPainterGuy on December 17th, 2010 8:37 pm

Once, the crew shared baskets of hot wings and drumettes, but every time I`ve ordred for myself, I`ve had their fish meal and it was really good (why else would I order it repeatedly ?) Any time I`m near a coast or the Great Lakes, this boy wants fish, not chicken, regardless of the visuals !

BTW, thumbs up on you assessment of MM`s "Crab in the bucket" column and a possible future book !

Sooooo, you have a face made for telephone ?!

23. Late Sunday Rule 5? Why the heck not? « The Daley Gator on December 19th, 2010 10:07 pm

[...] Cassy defends Hooters from the Feminuts~ And offers photographic eviodence as to why Hooters Girls beat Bitter Old Feminuts! Doug Powers defends the Hooters Girls too [...]

24. Inspirations for the Invention of Beer Goggles Target Hooters for Catering to Kids : The Powers That Be | Most News and Trends Now on December 22nd, 2010 11:30 am

[...] Inspirations for a Invention of Beer Goggles Target Hooters for Catering to Kids : The Powers That B… Tags: booster seats, ford, hooters restaurants, tax evasion [...]