Was Team Obama aware of the flap that Michelle Antoinette’s lavish trip to Spain caused among the little people back home who were asked to sacrifice until the economy recovers? That much seems certain… sort of:

“Given the uncertainty of the president’s schedule, First Lady Michelle Obama and their daughters will be departing on Dec. 18 as originally scheduled to join their family in Hawaii for the holidays,” Mrs. Obama’s spokesman, Catherine McCormick Lelyveld, told Politics Daily.

“The first family and Bo will be traveling on a C40B, one of the smaller and most efficient planes available in the White House fleet for this trip. The president will join them when the congressional session is complete. The entire first family will return to Washington, D.C. Jan. 1, 2011.”

Sheesh — being forced to shop at a thrift store, and now this.

Sorry Bo, you don’t get your own plane this time.

Here’s the C40B like the one that FLOTUS is going slumming to Hawaii on:

A real “sacrifice” would have been for everybody to wait until the president also left so they could have all ridden on Air Force One, but hey, sacrificial baby steps.

Comments

21 Responses to “Sacrifice: FLOTUS Not Taking Jumbo Jet to Hawaii, Bo Doesn’t Get Own Plane”

1. SignPainterGuy on December 18th, 2010 4:23 pm

Sad, sad, sad ! Pure Dear Leader has suffered several setbacks lately to go along with his compromising ! Teh One has yielded twice to Teh Other Ones ! Moochelle might be feelin` kinda "mean" toward daddy and wants out`a the house NOW ! The econo-plane will do just fine, just get me outa here ! Bo dog must be extatic about gettin` to ride with the folks this time !

2. OK_Loyalist on December 18th, 2010 5:40 pm

What yields do you speak of ?

3. Dandapani on December 18th, 2010 5:43 pm

At least the "thrift" store vintage dress designer is dead so his clothing line won't suffer the same fate as previous fashion designers whose clothing MO has promoted in the past. http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/2470572/

4. SignPainterGuy on December 18th, 2010 6:02 pm

The two speeches he started but cut-out on – first to Bill and then to Hill !

It has long been rumored that there is no love lost between the Obamas and the Clintons…yielding to both Clintons can`t have gone over well for Meanchelle ! We have none all along how unknowledgeable and illprepared Obummer is, to confirm it this way must have caused some friction on the home-front ! Oui !?

5. SignPainterGuy on December 18th, 2010 6:06 pm

Moochelle is to the fashion world as Algore is to the Climate Change conferences !

6. Nanny on December 18th, 2010 6:15 pm

Well Power readers – I just returned from shopping in my Dodge Dakota 4×4 (it is snowing here in Michigan). And I must work thru Thursday (back and forth with my 4×4). Then on Christmas Eve my husband and I will travel in our 4×4 to see grandson #1 and return that evening. On Christmas morning we will travel in our 4×4 to see my sister and her family and return on Sunday. In between, like the rest of my fellow Americans, we will be working and paying taxes on the money we earned to send to DC so that Moochelle and the dog can fly on a jumbo jet to Hawaii only to be followed up by another jumbo jet carrying Zero. While I do not begrudge anyone going over the river and thru the woods to visit family on Christmas, why do they need two planes for one family? And how about all of the support personnel – how many planes? These libs just prove that the global warming hoax is real and what is good for the goose (us) is NOT good for the gander (the elitist libs).

7. Nanny on December 18th, 2010 6:19 pm

And – these people live in the grandest house in the US – you would think it would be cheaper to fly family in and entertain them in the White House. They must REALLY be ashamed of their country if they can't even invite their family in for Christmas! Or do they not celebrate Christmas…….hmmmmm?

8. SignPainterGuy on December 18th, 2010 6:56 pm

Good questions all, but first things first – you refer first to "my" 4×4 and then to "our" 4×4, does this mean your a 2x4x4 family ? (wooden humor)

The first family has no problem flying in the pizza guy from St Louis, what`s wrong with flying family in for the holidays ? Do they have stinky feet or something ? Is the perpetual remodelling still going on and they don`t want to interfere with their guest`s rest ? Maybe their family won`t travel without their 10 cats ?!

9. STEVE on December 18th, 2010 8:25 pm

MOST LOVING WIVES AND CHILDREN WOULD STAY TO SUPPORT THE HUSBAND/FATHER UNTIL HIS WORK IS COMPLETED…THEN ALL WOULD GO TOGETHER. WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO CAMP DAVID? IT IS A BEAUTIFUL PLACE THAT WOULD BE IDEAL FOR SPENDING CHRISTMAS (pc HOLIDAY) AND IS FULLY STAFFED. IGUESS POTUS AND FLOTUS WANT TO TEACH THEIR GIRLS HOW TO LIVE HIGH ON THE HOG. ANOTHER CHAPTER LEFT OUT OF THE STUPID BOOK.

10. Joyanna Adams on December 19th, 2010 1:42 am

If you saw Michelle's mother's face during the Christmas program…maybe the first couple is not a couple at all.

Somewhere in Obama is a Tiger Woods just waiting to be exposed.

Nanny said it well. They are beyond arrogant.

11. Ken in Texas on December 19th, 2010 1:47 am

I just figgered it out, y'all! "Bo" is a perfect blend between "Ho" and "Bro"! I am one brilliant sumbitch, y'gotta admit.

And a very Merry Christmas to you and yours Doug, Sign Painter Guy, and all your other loyal fans and readers. Bless y'all.

12. Ken in Texas on December 19th, 2010 2:13 am

13. SignPainterGuy on December 19th, 2010 3:10 am

Ho+Bro= Bo ?! Gotta admit, I never would`a made the connection !

Right back atcha, Ken in Texas, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and if I don`t see ya before then, eat only fresh Easter Eggs !

14. SignPainterGuy on December 19th, 2010 3:17 am

Interesting perspective, I`m suspecting something similar myself ! Though the Tiger link hadn`t occurred to me, a certain rumored "limo action" had as well as his substance abuse history being more current than reported ! Watch for a crack-up soon, then we`ll know ! I think a public "de-coupling" would be avoided at ALL costs !

15. SignPainterGuy on December 19th, 2010 3:22 am

S/B; "We have KNOWN all along…" Could have sworn I proof-read !

16. Clu Seatoe on December 19th, 2010 3:52 am

I’ll bet it really sucks being you, you ungrateful Horse Fly

17. Nanny on December 19th, 2010 10:51 am

4×4 is mine because hubby has a company vehicle – so when it comes time to do personal stuff – 4×4 becomes "ours".

Since having to move away from family and friends 7 years ago, I dearly miss having everyone at my house for dinner and celebrating Thanksgiving and the Christmas season. It was something I enjoyed and looked forward to. If I could afford it, I would bring them all to my house so I could once again enjoy that family time. But I don't own a C40B luxury airplane.

18. Nanny on December 19th, 2010 10:52 am

Correction – I don't have access to a taxpayer funded C40B luxury airplane.

19. Nanny on December 19th, 2010 10:52 am

Correction – I don't have access to a taxpayer funded C40B luxury airplane.

20. SignPainterGuy on December 19th, 2010 3:33 pm

Haven`t been w/o 4×4 since `78, I want to go when I want to go and I LOVE driving in the snow ! Too bad we get so few significant snows in the valleys here – mtn roads are really dangerous after snow is packed down slick !

I have a 10 hr drive on Thur. to go see Mom and Sister`s family !

Sorry to hear you`re too poor to afford your own bidnee jet, me too, bummer !

21. SignPainterGuy on December 20th, 2010 3:59 pm

Hawaiian authorities have quarantined the first dog, Bo, to make sure he is up to date on all his shots, micro-chipping, paperwork, etc. ! (He does appear to be up to date, btw) What is this world coming to when the most powerful dog in the world can`t take the first family (minus the too busy to travel pres. ) and their enterage for a little vacation aboard his very own Air Force 4 econo jet without being subjecting to such humiliating official hassle ?! Good grief, Charlie Brown !