By way of Newsbusters, here’s NPR’s resident unbiased journalist Nina Totenberg prefacing the term “Christmas party” with an apology so she’s not disinvited to any of her liberal pals “late December gatherings that happen to coincide with some holidays of religious significance” parties:

Well, these agencies, including the Defense Department, don’t know how much money they’ve got and for what. And I was at – forgive the expression – a Christmas party at the Department of Justice and people actually were really worried about this.

Roll the tape:

It doesn’t even appear she’s being facetious, does it? Eric Holder’s Justice Department is probably scrambling to start an investigation to find out who in the world had the audacity to throw a “Christmas party” in a government office building.

Comments

16 Responses to “Leave it to an NPR Liberal to Apologize for Calling a Christmas Party a ‘Christmas Party’”

1. nannykins on December 20th, 2010 12:38 pm

What a skank! But it is NPR so I didn't expect anything less from them.

2. Marshall_Will on December 20th, 2010 1:04 pm

"and people were actually worried about this"

Doubting that. At least under this administration. Oh and that's Department of SOCIAL Justice btw.

More "weasel words". What 'people'? 'Who' said that specifically? 'When' did they say that exactly? The Left/NPR has taken creative license for so long and gone unchallenged for so long they now refuse to differentiate when they're front running the agenda, backing the agenda or CREATING the agenda.

No one showcased that Unhinged mindset more than John Stossel's very most excellent Special Friday evening. He covered everything from Title Nine to Cash For Clunkers, public funding for privately owned sports arenas cumlinating in Obie-Care itself. Great Special.

DEFUND NPR NOW!

3. OK_Loyalist on December 20th, 2010 1:05 pm

Skank …ROFL

In Tulsa, OK we just went through this Christmas/Holiday debate with what for decades used to be called "The Christmas Parade" downtown. This year it got changed to "The Holiday Parade". Needless to say, these PC liberals can pucker up and kiss my @$$ !!!!

4. nannykins on December 20th, 2010 1:43 pm

I will say one thing on a positive note – as I finished my shopping this weekend – every cashier I encountered said Merry Christmas. Meijer's, Kohls, Target and CVS Pharmacy. It was very refreshing.

5. Marshall_Will on December 20th, 2010 2:19 pm

"every cashier I encountered"

…? Now that you mention it! Yes, I noticed that too, not only refreshing, it was a welcome relief. I find 'myself' saying Merry Christmas quite a bit more this year.

But it's just a start. Major and formerly great holidays like Memorial Day ( which has sadly become little more than another 3-Day Weekend ) still have a long way to go. Here in Oregon we have lib-friendly towns that "don't have the money!" for 4th of July fireworks ( yet have the funds for a Cinco-De-Mayo celebration? ) Go figure.

6. SignPainterGuy on December 20th, 2010 2:40 pm

Asheville,NC just did exactly the same thing….a local radio talk-show host did an impromptu call-in survey- "Holiday Parade" was preffered by a fairly wide margin ! No wonder A`vl is called the San Fran of the east coast ! :(

My own town, still has one of the oldest and longest continuously running "CHRISTMAS PARADES" in the east ! :)

Ninny Nina is representative of the "quality" listener supported liberal pc programing found at NPR !

7. SignPainterGuy on December 20th, 2010 2:51 pm

Same here……but on the rare occasion that I don`t get a greating or someone says, "Happy Haliday(s)", I make eye contact and say "Merry Christmas" !Usually the clerk will return it, sometimes uncomfortably !

DITTO ! Defund ALL public broadcasting ! "Quality" viewer / listener supported programing — PPPHHHhffffffffffftt !!

8. Marshall_Will on December 20th, 2010 3:05 pm

I should have checked w/ Doug 'first' before posting but the link above is to sign a Petition to do exactly that, Defund NPR! Only takes a sec. But given it's already 'up'.., Powers That Be Leftist Trolls should feel free to Sign it as well?

That's just how generous a guy I am. Gotta' say though, Mrs. Will has taken to Sarah P's show and it's great to have your wife ask you "How come WE never go whitewater rafting?" ( JFTR, "rafting" in Oregon at least involves a sep. "cooler float" so I'm all about that )

9. SignPainterGuy on December 20th, 2010 3:33 pm

We also use the "cooler float" and if all drinkers are on inner tubes (not boats of any kind) AND wearing proper floatation vests, the game wardens tend to cut a lot of slack !

10. JayRenn on December 20th, 2010 3:44 pm

Isn't this considered Christophobia? How dare she!! ;-)

11. SignPainterGuy on December 20th, 2010 4:02 pm

I`m afraid of phobias !

12. OK_Loyalist on December 20th, 2010 4:10 pm

SPG has been watching Charlie Brown X-Mas again ! :D

"How about pantophobia'? Do you have pantophobia Charlie Brown? "What's that?" he asks. "That's the fear of everything!" she replies. He yells "THAT'S IT!!!" and bowls her over with it.

http://tinyurl.com/354chbn for those that missed the airing

13. SignPainterGuy on December 20th, 2010 4:21 pm

I live to serve !

14. SignPainterGuy on December 20th, 2010 4:34 pm

While I`m being "ironical", let me tell you about my favorite bumper snicker ! Seen on the back of a late `60s Chrysler earth ship station wagon, not on the bumper, but high on the tail gate on the genuine simulated imitation wood grain vinyl, said, "I HATE Bumper Stickers !" If that`s not enough, the owner was the area`s largest paper delivery guy AND the area`s largest Chinchilla Rancher ! It said so on the sides of his car !

What ? It`s the season for giving, isn`t it ?!

15. SignPainterGuy on December 20th, 2010 4:35 pm

Priceless !

16. TheZooKeeper on December 20th, 2010 8:14 pm

Yeah, like the kind of caveat that needs to be said in conjunction with the word "journalist".