Two of the tags I used for this post should never, ever be mixed together: PC and War.

We’ve heard from every politician and politically-correct social engineer, both of which are never going to face the working end of an anti-American’s rifle, so maybe it’s time to ask the troops on the ground what effect the repeal of Don’t Ask Don’t Tell have on their units:

66.5 percent of U.S. Marine combat forces surveyed by a special Defense Department working group said that putting homosexuals in their units would hurt their effectiveness in the field, and 47.8 percent of Marines in combat units specifically said putting homosexuals in their units would hurt their effectiveness “in an intense combat situation.”

You know how the left would react to that? I’ve got a hundred bucks that says the Defense Department starts homophobia sensitivity training seminars by next spring (if they haven’t already).

Given the above information, as you can tell, the president is quite concerned about the opinion of the US Marine Combat Forces:

WASHINGTON (AP) — The White House says President Barack Obama plans to sign the repeal of the military’s ban on openly gay service members on Wednesday, four days after the Senate voted to abolish the policy.

I’ve held off on offering a personal opinion on DADT. Why? I prefer to leave the greatest weight of opinion on the matter to the people who’s lives are actually on the line. Too bad our politicians don’t ever consider doing the same.

DADT “Too Much Information” Update: Barney Frank: Sorry, I left my purse at home.

(h/t Weasel Zippers)

Comments

24 Responses to “Two-Thirds of Marine Combat Forces Say Putting Homosexuals in Their Units Will Harm Effectiveness in the Field (and Other Stuff Liberals Don’t Care About)”

1. OK_Loyalist on December 20th, 2010 7:19 pm

CYA Is now going to take on a hole (intentional mis-spelling) new meaning !

2. SignPainterGuy on December 20th, 2010 8:04 pm

CYA indeed ! Police Squad Det. LT. Frank Drebben, (Leslie Nielson, RIP) sported the solution, iron chastity underwear ! ("Naked Gun: 33 1/3" ?)

3. @KateFriarStokes on December 20th, 2010 8:15 pm

the Left has always hated our military and has tried everything they can think of to minimize, even marginalize its presence. they finally did it.

4. Marshall_Will on December 20th, 2010 8:24 pm

Funny, to hear the crowd on Scarborough Country this morning you'd have thought DADT was like some major victory and "it's been a great week for the President" etc. ( Like wtf? uh… 'over'!?" )

Guys, we'll gut this one-goofy-agenda-item at a time just like we're giving Obie-Care a stern boot to the azz. You can't make someone 'like' someone else. Period. Law or NO law. The troops will do as they have always done and sweep this under the carpet so nealtly and completely, why you won't even know it's there!

Just another collateral duty title some poor Sgt. is going to have take heat over. When no one volunteers to help 'implement' the program.., someone will be appointed! Cuzz' I'm old and ready to retire ( it's probably be 'me'! ) "Look Sarge, we don't like this any more than 'you' do but if you'll play along, we'll promote one of your guys! Doh… alright!

5. bear1909 on December 20th, 2010 8:29 pm

The repeal won't stand. The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs is against it. I would imagine more are against it but in this PC administration they didnt speak out. Also, the survey was bs. One last fact: the National Guard and the Air Guard are under state jurisdiction. The absence of understanding among federal lawmakers of the US constitution betrays their exuberance to undermind it. Lawsuits about the constitutionality of the repeal will sidetrack the entire repeal of the law. More left overreach please! Let their exuberance shut down their agenda. Law is on our side folks. Like you wouldnt believe.

6. Sgt. Mike on December 20th, 2010 8:31 pm

According to a tape of the seminar, held on Oct. 26, Mrs. Lister said that ''the Marines are extremists.''

''Wherever you have extremists,'' she said, ''you've got some risks of total disconnection with society, and that's a little dangerous.''

''I think the Army is much more connected to society than the Marines are,'' she said. ''The Marine Corps is — you know, they have all these checkerboard fancy uniforms and stuff. But the Army is sort of muddy boots on the ground.''

This should tell you all you need to know about what liberals think of the military in general, and the Marine Corps in particular. The commentator is Sara Lister a Clinton appointment to the Dept of the Army.

7. MarkJ on December 20th, 2010 8:55 pm

Fun fact: the following articles of the UCMJ, among others, are still in force despite repeal of DADT:

§ 920 120 Rape and carnal knowledge
    § 920a 120a Stalking
    § 925 125 Sodomy
    § 933 133 Conduct unbecoming an officer and a gentleman
    § 934 134 General article (covers such things as bigamy, adultery, fraternization, etc.)

What does this tell us? Among other things, it indicates that while gays may be allowed to openly serve in the Armed Forces, commanders will still have a whole range of potential, and perfectly legal, means to separate them from the service if need be.

And the above fact could actually present a real dilemma for DADT repeal supporters since if they complain about a gay member's pending separation, they can, in turn, be quite reasonably accused of attempting to politicize the military justice system.

8. tommy mc donnell on December 20th, 2010 9:02 pm

its just another attempt by the left to make another government service less effective.

9. Marshall_Will on December 20th, 2010 9:03 pm

bear1909,

Nicely pointed out. I'm actually Air Guard and you're RIGHT! Also, a third of our -funding- comes from the State! I mentioned what I thought of the "survey" ( read joke ) in the last thread.

"More left overreach please!" Yeah go ahead fellas. Knock yer' selves out!

What's frustrating for the handful of old-timers that remain is that our tenure was marked by the -start- of EEOC ( Equal Opportunity Comm. ) and there were TONS of token advancements. Some of the sr. enlisted were func. illiterate and it took years… to "retire them out". So much REAL progress has been made in the enlisted ranks. ( I guess TOO much? )

I joined shortly after the Nam-era and you wouldn't believe how long it took to get the "drug element" out of the various Services. Haven't we been thru enough?

10. SignPainterGuy on December 20th, 2010 9:05 pm

This is becoming a tangled mess rivalling a plate of spaghetti !

11. Nanny on December 20th, 2010 9:19 pm

My daughter's first tour was in Kuwait in 2004. She took over command of a guard unit that had 4 lesbians. She said it was like a "Girls Gone Wild" 24/7. They were completely out of control and disregarded all the rules and orders given. Her superiors refused to intervene because of the PC crowd back home. The prior command knew about it and did nothing. In her four years in the Army she ran across several gay and lesbian soldiers and the story was the same. They flouted their orientation and did not think the rules applied to them. So now Zero is giving them "special interest" status and it will only get worse. They will be screaming discrimination from day one – no matter what. Sad, sad, sad!!!

12. Pete on December 20th, 2010 9:20 pm

This is all just a pre-requisite to bringing back the draft.

13. Wayne on December 20th, 2010 9:23 pm

I had 3 drill sergeants while I was in the Army from our company who raped one guy (and a couple other fatties) from my high school, who confided to me about it. I went and reported it to the company commander, who did nothing about it and just swept the whole event under the rug.

So don't expect the gay troops to get punished. The punishment will go to the heterosexual troops who complain about it.

14. Marshall_Will on December 20th, 2010 9:25 pm

MarkJ,

MORE excellent points the Left could not be bothered with? As bear1909* brings to our attention…, "Let their exuberance shut down their agenda" and there's your proof.

All those high-priced slick azz atty's in DC and not (1) of them could put that together? Ahem, IIRC the wording in Article 125 ( Sodomy ) clearly states "Penetration ( however slight! ) is sufficient to complete the offense" lol.

15. SignPainterGuy on December 20th, 2010 9:30 pm

"I see a bad 'moon' risin`", CCR, sorry , couldn`t help myself !

16. Marshall_Will on December 20th, 2010 9:50 pm

Nanny,

I am so sorry to hear that. Being that far from home is tough enough ( been there ) and this certainly couldn't have made the time go any quicker?

When I was a young Petty Officer, at 21 years old I was in charge of like 25 guys. Many of them inner-city blacks and/or white trash that was told, "The Navy or Prison"! so they picked the Navy and turned it *INTO* a 'prison'.

So I def. get what your daughter went thru. Most of your time as a supervisor was utterly -consumed- w/ disciplinary issues and there's was little if any time for actual "training". Still, I'm doubting this misguided program will get any traction? And I'm HIGHLY doubting the "drill Sgt. 'rape' story" above! Those guys are under a microscope 24/7.

17. patrioticamerican on December 21st, 2010 12:37 am

Interesting question brought up on the Mark Levin Show tonight by the guest host: During dances, will openly gay men be allowed to dance cheek to cheek with each other?

18. Dick on December 21st, 2010 1:50 am

Additionally, during a 'dining out' when family members are invited, what are we supposed to tell our children?

In some non-combat arms units such as JAG I can definitely see a PC CDR or 1SG pick a gay to dance with to make a statement about PC correctness for the unit. Boot lickers abound.

God Bless the Marines and SF from all branches!

Just got back from OIF. My estimate of lezzy's in the military is conservatively 20%. Not hard to ID – butch hair cut and walk like men. Some could take a weaker male no doubt.

Looking forward to the indoctrination seminars from JAG. But if it is against one's religion there are no number of seminars going to change minds.

Didn't participate in the phoney DOD surveys to avoid being black balled as no anonymous survey is anonymous and without consequence with this bunch.

19. Ken in Texas on December 21st, 2010 2:02 am

I retired from the Army in 1993. At that time, Lesbians were in full flower and blatant about their orientation. Rainbow decals all over their cars, near-shaven heads, holding hands in public, but if a male NCO reported this behavior, guess who wound up getting bitch-slapped?

20. OK_Loyalist on December 21st, 2010 2:02 am

I have to agree with Bawrney Fwrank on this. Since they are the swinging meat heroes he says they are, by all means let the tarts be the first wave leading all offensives.

21. Ken in Texas on December 21st, 2010 2:13 am

I'm sick over this. As I said earlier to Nanny, Lesbians were pretty much immune to Army follow-up. I loved my Army, gave a third of my life to it, but when Clinton was elected I put in my retirement papers. And now look where we are.

22. OK_Loyalist on December 21st, 2010 2:33 am

1st off Ken, let's start with … Thank You for your service to our country.

This is just one more political payoff to a voting block for the Kenyan Usurper. Like health care, like Stimulus, like Amnesty and now DADT. Every one of those items I listed have in common one thing, they are against the will of the majority of the people they most affect and they only bolster this egotistical destroyer of freedom, Barry Soetoro's, political ambitions.

Don't let the bastard(s) get you or any one else down. Come January, after the CHRISTMAS recharge, we got the new troops on the ground hitting D.C.. Add this to the list of items to be undone after 2012.

23. Ken in Texas on December 22nd, 2010 1:16 am

Many thanks, OK, and you are that1

24. WASP on January 14th, 2011 6:10 am

Forcing normal people to accept homosexual deviants and their behavior into their ranks is bad. The modern liberals have really done a nutjob on the psyche of this country.