Groucho once said that “any club that would have me as a member isn’t worth joining,” and I agree with that when it comes to almost everything except Doug Ross’s “Fab 50″ blog awards.

Michelle Malkin was named “Best Political Blog” and I share the “Best Pinch Hitter” honors for my guest-host duties at Michelle’s place. I shared the “pinch hitter” nod with Jennifer of Cubachi, a great blogger who also fills in at Hot Air, Liberty Pundits, Dan Riehl and others.

Read the entire list. There’s some talented company listed by a great blogger in his own right who deserves a spot atop his own awards list — but I guess he was too humble to give himself an award. Hey, there should be an award for that.

Comments

14 Responses to “The Fab 50 Blog Awards: You Like Me! You Really Like Me!”

1. OK_Loyalist on December 27th, 2010 1:24 am

Congrats Doug, you are in good company on that list, Malkin, Morrissey & Levin, etc. You have kept me & many others in stitches most of the year. I am looking forward to 2011, as what fun is dry shorts ? :D

2. Ken in Texas on December 27th, 2010 1:53 am

A lott'a water under the bridge, over the past few years, Doug, my friend. I think I was among your first few fans, and it's just too bad you couldn't meet up with us Texas Minutemen at the time we were having so much fun on the border. Congratulations on your success and keep it rollin'!

3. Clu Seatoe on December 27th, 2010 3:42 am

Pardon my ignorance but possibly some explanation might be in order. Who is Doug Ross and what makes him imbued with the authority and decision making capabilities to award anything or anyone? And… why is it such a big deal to be mentioned? I’m afraid I’m underwhelmed.

I mean, is he some sort of Alfred Nobel?

Anybody have any information?

Anybody? Feel free to respond.

Anybody?

I see a teachable momet here.

4. Sad Hill on December 27th, 2010 5:18 am

Congrats Doug!

5. Doug on December 27th, 2010 9:52 am

Thanks Ken! I promise I'll make it down there at some point… Assuming there's still a border there.

6. Doug on December 27th, 2010 10:01 am

Who is Doug Ross? More people have heard of Doug Ross than have heard of anybody on the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts & Sciences who pick those Oscar winners every year. He's a mystery wrapped in a fiddle wrapped in bacon who likes this blog, which imbues him with the authority to give it an award, that's who he is!

As far as choosing winners, it's a peer-review process that's far more credible than any peer-review process Al Gore's "research" goes through… that much is certain.

7. TheZooKeeper on December 27th, 2010 12:22 pm

Bravo, Doug. Keep those DC nitwits in your crosshairs.

8. nannykins on December 27th, 2010 1:04 pm

Congrats Doug – except that picture of Sally is awful!

Ken – headed to Texas on Wednesday!

All – Hope you all had a great Christmas!

9. Clu Seatoe on December 27th, 2010 1:20 pm

He's a mystery wrapped in a fiddle wrapped in bacon who likes this blog….

OK, Doug. Thanks, I guess that clears it up. I’ll take my cue from those around me and say congratulations.

***************

…far more credible than any peer-review process Al Gore's "research" goes through….

As far as Al goes I put him right up there with Buddy, my neighbor’s dog, who gets peer reviewed almost every day and has not even been found sniff-worthy.

10. Soul on December 27th, 2010 1:26 pm

Congrats!

11. Marshall_Will on December 27th, 2010 2:31 pm

Much *Congrats* Doug!

I will say ( having been a MM fan since 'before' Al Gore invented the internet, and much Congrats to 'her' as well btw! ) that it wasn't until I became a Powers That Be fan I realized there was this whole inter-connected conservative community out there!

Additionally, while Drudge I'm sure walked away as Best News Aggregator, Townhall ( IMHO ) is rising fast! I consider their Daily emails a must read and the cartoons are typically "forward worthy" for your cons. friends & associates.

12. Rick on December 27th, 2010 5:40 pm

Congrats on the “Designated Hitter” award.

Malkin IS the Best!

Most of those blogs are excellent conservative resources for the battles ahead.

Daniel Simpson Day and Mr.Peabody awards.lol

Soros’Marxist Media Blatherz…thumbs down!

Lifetime Border Patrol Award…Ken in TX.

13. jojo on December 27th, 2010 11:30 pm

Heck yeah, we do Doug!
    The best Sucka Free blogging!
    Have a happy, healthy Sucka Free 2011!

Remember, Sucka Free by 2013! It rhymes!

14. SignPainterGuy on December 28th, 2010 12:23 pm

Mucho congrats, Doug ! Well deserved and not a minute too soon.

If there had been a "Pinch-Hitter With a Comedic Conservative Bent" catagory, well, you`d have had that one hands down – NO DADBURN TIE !!