Stop the presses!

The economy is a little safer for at least one bonus day. Maybe Obama found out how pissed off R. Lee Ermey is and decided to hole up on the Island a while longer.

The real “breaking news” we need to brace ourselves for is when he gets back to Washington.

Comments

17 Responses to “Breaking News! Obama to Keep Vacationing”

1. OK_Loyalist on December 30th, 2010 2:04 pm

The first thing the House needs to do in 2011 is cut Obowmao's vacation budget to ONE vacation per year and limit it to under $10K which would be a nice vacation to average Americans and a grand vacation to the average Kenyans.

2. SignPainterGuy on December 30th, 2010 2:10 pm

My (our) knee-jerk reaction is some version of "GOOOOOOD, keep him for 2 more years!" However, we all know the Spender- / Recess Appointer-in-Chief can do us serious damage no matter where he is !

It would be interesting to see a side-by-side comparison of what Obummer costs the taxpayers while on "vacation" as opposed to his time "in town" ! I suspect it would be impossible, the un-known longterm effects are incalculable ! Frightening ! Can`t we get him on a dadburn budget ?!

3. Mike S. on December 30th, 2010 2:24 pm

Hey, I'm all for our dear leader taking an uninterrupted vacation until sometime late in 2013. That way he has a lot less time to finish his mission of destroying this country.

4. Mike S. on December 30th, 2010 2:25 pm

Oops…I meant to say "late January 2013".

5. Marshall_Will on December 30th, 2010 2:25 pm

Right, and for the avg. American, $10k counting airfare.

Whatever this J.O does is on 'him' from now on out. The concern for me is, the complete lack of ability to make a PLAN ( and stick 'to' it! ) We've had 2+ years of Governance-by-Poll, effecting 'decisions' literally minute-to-minute.

The insult here is that, many major corporations have gone to a "no huddle" type mgmt. style so this Admin. deemed it appropriate to manage the whole damned COUNTRY likewise ( and give those Conservatives a taste of their own medicine! )

Truly, I'll ask Mrs. Will ( Fortune 500 Co. employee ) on Friday morning if they'll be required to work OT on Saturday and management STILL hasn't confirmed or denied that! In-so-doing, they have the entire workforce snake-fascinated as to what mgmt's next incredible stunt will BE!? Given the Lamestream 'Media' is/was? squarely in his corner, they felt they could do no wrong..?

6. SignPainterGuy on December 30th, 2010 2:26 pm

My most expensive vacation ever was a 2 day / 3 night AmTrak ride for 3, a week in MN where I bought a Suburban, and then a 3 day / 2 night / 1330 mile drive back home – for way under half your proposed budget figure ! I didn`t need sec. ser. guys though !

7. Marshall_Will on December 30th, 2010 4:36 pm

Any time you're riding in a Suburban ( you're riding in style! ) Hated to part w/ mine, looking of late.

Thought of a new one 'for' The One: "Crumblina"

Given his thin skin and ability to absolutely -crumble- ( and go on vacay at the drop of a hat ) I thought it fitting. At least initially, I assumed the frequent bug-outs were predicated on an "Eight Year Plan" not wanting to dull 'His' brilliance.

( Now I think he's just living it up while he 'can'? )

8. SignPainterGuy on December 30th, 2010 7:21 pm

"Crumblina", perfect for our classic narcissist-in-chief, good call !

My Sub was great for trips and work, would haul anything a pickup will except tall and really long stuff, I miss it ! 23 mpg made the extra cost of diesel fuel bareable, 40 gal. tank required a co-signer at fillup time ! :-o It had a really interesting life history !

My impression from the beginning was that the Obamas are living it up while it lasts and enjoying the "in your face" aspect of it all !

9. SignPainterGuy on December 30th, 2010 8:25 pm

It`s now being reported at The Blaze and Drudge Report that We are paying to the tune of $1.4+ mil for the Obamas to vacation in Hawaii ! Enough is too much !

10. Marshall_Will on December 30th, 2010 8:57 pm

Right, even though ours req. a home-equity loan to top off, as Volt owners are learning, there's more to life than just boasting about your MPG at the water cooler?

( Have you seen how much those rep. batteries are!? ) There's another Porkulus joke.

11. SignPainterGuy on December 30th, 2010 9:34 pm

Replacement bat. costs (and expected lifespan) was my first question when hybrids were first advertised. Trade-in vaue at 8 or 10 yrs. too , when you`d expect to have to replace the battery(ies) – would they be junkyard fodder ? AND will the newer bats. deliver more than 40 – 70 (downhill) miles / 8 hr charge ?

I`ll stay on the "laughing at the joke" side of the fence !

12. Marshall_Will on December 30th, 2010 10:23 pm

SPG,

Doug has touched on it but I once read a report that said -the- most efficient [overall] vehicle is, wait for it…. The Hummer!

The researchers took -everything- into account. Including the fact that the OPEN PIT MINE up in Canada where the battery lead is mined is truly an "open wound" on the earth's surface! Total Dead Zone.

Then… a properly maint. Hummer will go almost 300k miles before it needs to be completely recycled. Prius, Volt? ( Lucky to see a 100k miles ) There's a LOT more to the equation than just MPG.

13. SignPainterGuy on December 30th, 2010 11:33 pm

Wow, the H-1 Hummer !!? Who`da thunk it ? Well, since we`re on built-in efficiency, the C-47, the military variant of the 40`s era DC-3, if only maintained as prescribed by the buider should last over 300 yrs !!
    My Sub lunched more than I could afford to replace at 295,000 miles in `95 after going places slick-tired NG Hummers couldn`t in the famous WNC Blizzard of `93 (37") ! Unh, hunh ! :-)

14. RetiredSailor1 on January 3rd, 2011 10:16 am

Pretty weak rightwing. A snow storm is not a hurricane.

15. Spanky2a on January 3rd, 2011 10:09 pm

As usual, a link to another libunatic blog

16. Roger on January 4th, 2011 6:48 pm

Trolls do what they do.
    The problem is they don't realize how badly.

17. Cabbage2a on January 5th, 2011 3:16 pm