Here’s how I’m looking at this based on all the available information: As we’ve been told, global warming causes blizzards. Blizzards cause city union workers to call in sick at more than twice the normal rate. City union workers calling in sick makes garbage pile up. And garbage piling up saves lives:

A despondent West Side man took a leap out of his ninth-floor window this afternoon — but was saved when he landed onto a huge pile of garbage that’s been collecting since New York’s devastating post-Christmas blizzard, officials said.

Way to go, global warming! Now this guy can get the help he obviously needs. The science is settled: Al Gore doesn’t care about people.

Related news: Treacher has a good idea for New Yorkers who want the next blizzard plowed out much faster: Next time, convince Mayor Bloomberg that you’re enjoying it and it’ll be gone in no time. Either that or tell him that it’s salt.

Comments

19 Responses to “Global Warming Saves a Life”

1. OK_Loyalist on January 2nd, 2011 6:45 pm

Isn't that "Lives Saved or Created" ??

2. OK_Loyalist on January 2nd, 2011 7:00 pm

Doug, I think they need a new subject over at MM's, they about got the "Open Thread" wore out! LOL

Back to topic, I read this a week or so ago and found to be an interesting read … http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysis/Article/

3. SignPainterGuy on January 2nd, 2011 7:44 pm

"Lives Saved or Created", +1 !

Interesting read at your link……I saw Mr Corbyn on FOX a day or two ago, goofy looking guy but way smarter than the folks attached to the IPCC ! He pays attention to solar cycles, not the 100`s of millions of $ the socialists are lusting over thru wealth redistribution ! I`m certainly not looking forward to the cooling he`s predicting, but at least he`s using real science, not a political agenda !

4. SignPainterGuy on January 2nd, 2011 7:49 pm

Doug, congrats on the Lions over the Vikings win today ! I`m hoping the Packers will stomp some Bear butt ! Last week`s win over the Giants was the first whole game I`ve watched in many yrs. If they keep it up, I may become a fan ! Maybe !?

5. SignPainterGuy on January 2nd, 2011 9:05 pm

I`ve heard of numerous calls for the NY union officials to be charged with negligent homicide for the two deaths during the work slow-down, has anyone heard if those charges have actually been filed ?

6. OK_Loyalist on January 2nd, 2011 10:36 pm

NY City Union workers at the top of their game … http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt_r-jO3lKE (language warning)

As Democratic strategist Pat Cadell said (sic), if corporations are the evil ones to it's workers in the private sector, then who is the evil ones in the public service employee unions… the tax payers ????

7. SignPainterGuy on January 2nd, 2011 10:54 pm

Per the link; in some places, that level of stupidity and wreckless abandon would be a shooting offense ! N`est pas ?

Pat Cadell confuses me; OTOH, he makes great points and understands how dems are just plain wrong, yet he remains a democrat !??

8. Nanny on January 3rd, 2011 1:18 am

To Ken In Texas – Loved the global warming this morning down there – 20 degrees!!! Glad to be home with hubby but missing the grandson in Ft. Worth and the absolutely wonderful Texas hospitalitiy. Had the good fortune of visiting the Ft. Worth Stock Yards and the history lesson and enjoyed every minute – especially lunch at Booger Reds!!!

9. Mike S. on January 3rd, 2011 1:36 am

I was thinking: does Mayor Bloomberg want to make it illegal to throw salt on icy roads? After all, it IS salt, and we must look out for the health of those roads…

10. Clu Seatoe on January 3rd, 2011 3:57 am

Holiday Blizzard: More signs of Global Warming.

My increasing beltline: More signs of weight loss.

My auto fuel needle dropping further to the left: More time before refueling.

The sun is rising: More darkness on the face of the land.

This is really scary: I need Al.

11. The Green Files on January 3rd, 2011 10:35 am

Global Warming Saves a Life : The Powers That Be…

[Source: The Powers That Be] quoted: Interesting read at your link……I saw Mr Corbyn on FOX a day or two ago, goofy looking guy but way smarter than the folks attached to the IPCC ! He pays attention to solar cycles, not the 100`s of million…

12. SignPainterGuy on January 3rd, 2011 1:56 pm

I was following your logic until that last one, now you`re scaring me !

13. SignPainterGuy on January 3rd, 2011 3:22 pm

Well, will wonders never stop ceasing !? The Green Files has quoted me; of course without accredidation or mentioning that I was replying to OK_Loyalist`s link !

No matter, I feel like Steve Martin in "The Jerk", "I`m somedody now !!" Heh, heeeee ! :-)

14. SignPainterGuy on January 3rd, 2011 3:24 pm

S/B, "some(b)ody", sheesh, too much excitement ! Fame will just never do !

15. Doug on January 3rd, 2011 3:35 pm

"It's this kind of spontaneous publicity in print that makes people! Things are going to start happening to me now!"

16. SignPainterGuy on January 3rd, 2011 3:45 pm

Yep ! It`s that "…..TO ME" that`s scares me !

17. OK_Loyalist on January 3rd, 2011 11:16 pm

The new phone book is here …. the new phone book is here !

18. SignPainterGuy on January 4th, 2011 1:20 am

Heh, heh !

19. SignPainterGuy on January 4th, 2011 1:26 am

According to Mark Stein, subbing for Rush today, the trash had piled up so high, the jumper only fell 18" !