There’s something strange going on in Arkansas. No, not that… I’m talking about this:

The town of Beebe, Arkansas suffered an eerie occurrence on New Year’s Eve last weekend: over 5,000 lifeless bird tragically fell from the sky. Impossibly, things appear to have gotten stranger in rural Arkansas as reports have surfaced of over 100,000 drum fish suddenly dying off roughly 100 miles west of the massive bird die-off.

As was reported earlier, an AP interview with an expert affiliated with the state’s Livestock and Poultry Commission suggested that the birds may have died as a result of “lightning or high-altitude hail.” Another possibility for the bird die-off? New Year’s Eve fireworks may have startled the birds so severely, that they died from stress.

But neither of these reasons would account for the massive fish die-off.

PETA to push for a fireworks ban in 3… 2… 1…

Some are calling it the End of Days, but that’s not it — that doesn’t happen until May 21st. Yes, Al Gore will say it was global warming — if he hasn’t already, and Obama will blame Bush, but what’s the real story?

A couple of things come to mind that need to be eliminated as possibilities before we can proceed with other theories. 1) Was Sarah Palin in Arkansas during the time in question? 2) As for the fish, did Rahm Emanuel ship a package to any Arkansas-based pollsters at the end of December? 3) Aren’t they always telling us there are a lot of suicides around the holidays?

So far we just can’t be sure. Until convinced otherwise I’ll just chalk this up to a weird thing called “nature”:

Updates:

CNN: Birds likely died from massive trauma (I’m assuming that means aside from hitting the ground after falling).

Infowars: Government testing?

******

CNN: Let’s go to our expert on dead birds and fish, Kirk Cameron.

Cameron: Huh? What are you asking ME for?

Comments

115 Responses to “Dead Birds and Fish in Arkansas: Submit Your Theories”

1. loopyloo305 on January 3rd, 2011 6:50 pm

There were a lot of thunderstorms in the area when the birds were killed, as well as major changes in the temp. with a cold front moving through and temps. falling more than 20 degrees in places.
    As far as the fish, I live less than 20 miles away close to the Ark. river and it has happened before and I haven't heard the cause other than it is attributed to disease.

2. Marshall_Will on January 3rd, 2011 8:21 pm

I have heard theories advanced that cell phone transmissions 'can' contribute to difficulties in wildlife migration, but normally only applied to bees for instance. This is the first time I've 'heard' of Beebe, AR ( so I'll take it this isn't a cell "hot spot"? )

From the photos I've seen, it appears as though they were dead ducks ( sorry ) before they even hit the ground? I.e no grease stain/blood splats from where they "augered in". Like a kite w/ a snapped string? Just floating gently to earth.

Reminds me.., do we have a plausible explanation for the non-missle launch off SoCal's coast? Maybe we should figure that out first?

3. SignPainterGuy on January 3rd, 2011 8:38 pm

Too bad about the birds and fish, we may never know for certain for sure !

I asked my nephew directly Christmas day about the missle launch; he was there that day and would have heard about it being one of our missles, said it absolutely was NOT one of ours and was buying the airline contrail theory ! I called BS on it and explained my "contrails can`t look like that" position ! The ONE good bit of advice he gave me concerning such incidents, "ignore everything said on day-one" in the way of explainations !

4. Clu Seatoe on January 3rd, 2011 8:42 pm

Rahm Emanuel: You never want a serious crisis to go to waste.

…or even a good distraction.

Keep your eyes open around the country. If the media is fixated drawing your attention over here, the socialists are up to something nefarious over there.

5. ken on January 3rd, 2011 8:47 pm

As for the number of birds can't buy that theory of hail come on birds flying at 35,000 feet killing the bunch for over a mile & if it was hail then how about other hail damage or the fire works. A mile in distance what are they setting off for fire works a 120mm & how many dropped dead on the 4th of July in Beebe .MY theory would be the train that runs through Beebe Had a chemical car leak at that time or a semi with toxin's. A bird walking around in circles not trying to fly or chirp sounds like nerve damage like a poisoning be willing the truth will not come out on this

6. ken on January 3rd, 2011 9:04 pm

Hay! for that number of fish attributed to a disease "whoa" I would have this checked into right off the bat,Oh, it's OK to fish because, these were bottom feeders & don't know what killed all them fish yet they say the other fish are OK to catch & eat? something sound fishy here you think.
    the birds, the fish I would kind of be wondering if it was safe to be living here less loan breathing the air in or around Beebe,ark What is the cancer rate for Beebe now & don't forget there never was a area 51 & Roswell,NM it was a weather balloon & that was a airplane going straight up into space on Calif coast with a missel exhaust.come Arkansas people check out the checkers

7. SignPainterGuy on January 3rd, 2011 9:05 pm

I`m claiming NO authority on the subject, but I have never heard of a disease infection that killed off large numbers of animals, fish or people happening so suddenly; it`s always a somewhat gradual thing ! I`m leaning toward the storm stress angle or the poisoning angle ! The distance between the two kills just adds to the mystery !

Just curious, have the asian carp moved into the Arkansas River ?

8. Marshall_Will on January 3rd, 2011 9:37 pm

ken,

I was also leaning more toward a "wind shear event". They've now basically ruled out some kind mass-infectious disease. If wind shear can knock a 747 off course or into a tailspin, seems plausible it could disrupt a bird's flight.

It's possible this happens all the time ( just not often over pop. areas where it gets noticed? ) I don't know how high up hail forms or birds fly but I know above certain alt. ( bird strikes are rare ) Not unHEARD of, just 'rare'.

9. ken on January 3rd, 2011 10:17 pm

Well what ever I don't think the truth will pop up to soon & 5,000 birds all at once is if anything I would say scary. If I lived there I would be calling the gov there Mike Beebe none stop.

10. Merri on January 3rd, 2011 10:22 pm

Doesn't it strike any of you as odd that the birds and fish were all of the same species? No other kinds of birds died. No other kinds of fish died. Something is seriously strange here.

11. archer52 on January 3rd, 2011 10:27 pm

Easy money.

Serious storm= sky lightning= equals fried birds. If they were migrating in mass that would explain the localized drop.

Fish- cold water kills fish. It's been cold. fish have common levels of resistance. (Anyone who has had fish in a tank can attest when lethal levels are met, similar fish will belly up at nearly the same time.) We had a fish kill last year that wiped out almost all fish of a certain type in a certain size range. Gone. I was on the water weeks later with a light at night and noted this fact. Not all fish, just certain species that couldn't handle the cold front.

12. Clu Seatoe on January 3rd, 2011 10:27 pm

Like this read re Vince Foster: http://blogs.tamu.edu/shemote/2007/11/25/chelsea-

…or the body of the Bush aid found in the landfill currently in the news: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/01/03/bush-aide-de

13. Boomhouser on January 3rd, 2011 10:45 pm

What if there was an underground gas pocket that was released under water which traveled up and through the air and just happened to come into contact with a flock of black birds killing them rather quickly. The gas that was released under water poisioned the water on its way to the surface and also and killed the fish several days later???

14. OK_Loyalist on January 3rd, 2011 10:47 pm

I have no idea what's going on over there, but Doug, it's nice to see all the new/renewed posters over here in the last few days.

15. Boomhouser on January 3rd, 2011 10:53 pm

I think the firework theory is completely ridiculous by the way. Drum fish being bottom feeders would also give credibility to the underwater gas release if maybe there is still poison gas slowly being released from this underwater fissure???

16. Boomhouser on January 3rd, 2011 11:01 pm

Or maybe it is an increase in temperature on the bottom surface of the lake,river or stream that killed the fish??? Seems like poison gas would have not lingered on the bottom??? Is there any volcanic activity or fault lines in the area?

17. SignPainterGuy on January 3rd, 2011 11:39 pm

Check out the links at Drudge Report – the birds were mostly Redwing Blackbirds, Starlings and some ducks…..more than just one species – no arguement, I just want you to be right !

The fish kill envolved 99% drum fish – effectively ruling out poison and pointing toward disease. Some were found alive but visibly sick ! Strange !

18. SignPainterGuy on January 3rd, 2011 11:42 pm

As for the fish, see my reply to Merri above…..no cross-species effect !

Underground gas pocket, methane perhaps ? There should be residual traces at ground level !

19. SignPainterGuy on January 3rd, 2011 11:47 pm

Yes indeed !

20. HangarEighteen on January 4th, 2011 12:58 am

That was going to be my point exactly! If I understood right, only Red Wing Blackbirds were affected, and only Fresh Water Drum were the only fish affected. Some kind of intelligence had to be behind this. Obviously there had to be many species of birds and fish in the exact vacinity of the ones killed, yet they were not harmed.
    Kind of reminds me of a story in the Old Testament where God sends an Angel into the land of Egypt and selectivly kills all the firstborn children of the Egyptians, yet the other children sleeping beside them were unharmed.
    If this were on a human scale it would be the same as if all the white folks, or just all the black folks, dropped over dead at the Super Bowl, and everyone else walked away unscathed. Someone, or some other worldly power, possibly God, is making a statement. This cannot be a coincidense, the odds are astronomical, and then some…

21. HangarEighteen on January 4th, 2011 1:07 am

There are some later reports that mention a few other birds, but the original reports were Red Wing Blackbirds only, and that was all that was shown strewn about the streets originaly. As for the fish, 99% is astounding to say the least with the other numerous species in the same exact area. Something is seriously wrong with this picture…

22. SignPainterGuy on January 4th, 2011 2:18 am

Let`s not dismiss the possibility !

23. Girl Scout on January 4th, 2011 3:40 am

Arkansas is in the New Madrid fault zone. It is a very earthquake active state. Ever hear of Hot Springs, Arkansas? There are something like 140 + hot springs on one mountain. This reminds me of the movie Dante's Peak.

24. Lloyd Simcoe on January 4th, 2011 10:57 am

…has anybody seen FLASH FORWARD?

25. Samantha on January 4th, 2011 11:50 am

i dont know what killed the birds or the fish….i have my own threories as to why this is happening, but i dont need people replying that im a religious nut job, when i am far from it. i will say this though….. Air and Water. if its a sign, and we aren't paying attention, look out for the next sign.

26. SignPainterGuy on January 4th, 2011 2:04 pm

I think it would be a mistake to pass this off as merely an odd pair of occurances that will someday be explained by scientific investigation and not consider the possibility that GOD is indeed speaking to us, giving us warning of events yet to come !

Be prepared, live life with a sense of awe and wonder and grab those opportunities to laugh !

27. SignPainterGuy on January 4th, 2011 2:07 pm

No, but I Googled it to see what you might be implying….I`m not sure of your point ! Please explain – you`re among friends ! If we laugh, it`s only because we care !

28. SignPainterGuy on January 4th, 2011 2:19 pm

Now it`s reported that hundreds of redwing blackbirds fell from the skin over Louisiana….(from Drudge Report) This time, officials claim it`s happened 16 times there over 30 yrs.

29. SignPainterGuy on January 4th, 2011 3:02 pm

Doug, you linked to "InfoWars" and their somewhat conspiritorial story on possible super-secret gov. weapon testing as a cause for the birds-falling-from-the-sky incident……I feel certain that IF there turns out to be some truth to this theory, in 10 to 20 years, PBS will broadcast a quality viewer-supported "cutting-edge" story on this "brand new" technology ! I can`t wait !?

30. SignPainterGuy on January 4th, 2011 3:25 pm

Good call Rick ! Clem was never one simply to enjoy relaxing in the wild ! He likes results ! Instant gratification !

Here in Western NC, we refer to the C-4 Fish Finder as "red stick bait" ! Guaranteed to deliver your fishing limit with each and every "cast" !

31. Rick on January 4th, 2011 3:37 pm

Testing of Clem’s new sonic duck call and C-4 fish finder went terribly awry…

32. zombie fred on January 4th, 2011 4:28 pm

its a sign of the apocolipse what will kill the smaller animals will bring the bigger ones back to life

33. @JenniSiri on January 4th, 2011 4:36 pm

I think it has to do with the fracking that is going on in Arkansas. I've blogged a lot of related info, pictures, maps and videos here: http://bit.ly/i1HL7c

How the fracking is causing it exactly? I don't know but there have been 500+ small earthquakes in the same part of the state since september. I doubt that they are totally unrelated.

34. Marshall_Will on January 4th, 2011 4:40 pm

Jenni,

What the frack are you talking about!

( Well Doug, the Verdict is in, and people would rather talk about dead birds than Oprah's new channel ) I'll uh… follow the link. Thanks Jenni!

35. @DixAzel on January 4th, 2011 4:49 pm

I'm with Jenny Johnson (@jennyjohnsonhi5), who said God was so ashamed of having created Arkansas that he literally cried birds.

36. Mojo Celtica on January 4th, 2011 5:09 pm

New Madrid fault. Earthquake in Indiana, dead birds also in Kentucky and Louisiana.

37. @JenniSiri on January 4th, 2011 6:23 pm

Marshall,

LOL… well, it is very strange that they have had a swarm of earthquakes since September and that isn't at all normal for them. I suppose I love a good unsolved mystery. :)

38. @JenniSiri on January 4th, 2011 6:27 pm

They said the earthquakes in Arkansas aren't related to the New Madrid fault. I live in Indiana, I felt the earthquake last week. It's on an almost unknown fault line called the Fortsville fault. It's extremely rare, nearly unheard of, for there to be earthquakes in that part of the state. http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs105

39. SignPainterGuy on January 4th, 2011 7:20 pm

Interesting read there Jenni, and your "fracking" theory holds some water, I`m just not convinced that it would cause high altitude issues though ! Food for thought !

40. SignPainterGuy on January 4th, 2011 7:28 pm

Along the lines of, "I`m not a real Dr., but I played one on tv !" – Neil Patrick Harris and Robert Young….?

41. archer52 on January 4th, 2011 7:50 pm

Now that the "kills" are running across the nation the only explanation has to be weather. We've seen some pretty bad winter storms lashing across the nation in the past weeks. Birds aren't immune to hypothermia.

How cold does it get before of flock of flying birds, running into that cold patch of air, freeze up? I would imagine their ability to fly would be hindered to the point they would simply fall. Like the man said, it ain't the fall that kills you, it's the sudden stop.

The winter kills of fish is common, like I said before. At X degrees they are fine, at one degree lower it is belly up time. I've seen that happen many times before.

42. SignPainterGuy on January 4th, 2011 8:30 pm

I`m with you on the birds / storm effects / sudden deceleration syndrome theory – the primary injuries were to the chest implying the birds at least tried to fly before crash landing !

However, the almost exclusively drum fish kill in the Arkansas River looks too much like disease to me …..any kind of poison or sudden temp. rise would have been cross-species involved ! Sudden cooling, my jury is still out on that one, I`m not familiar enough w/ the location/terrain at the river fish kill site – mountains, hills, flat land, or the water depth and rate of flow…….Local ponds, lakes and slow moving streams freeze here often and without fish kills…..These are mtn. waters and always cold, that could make a difference. I think I`ll check Lake James, the first lake east of the Appalachians in the foothills and see what has caused some fish kills there…..

43. suspicious on January 4th, 2011 8:54 pm

It sounds like someone, somehow, captured these birds and fish and deposited them where they would be sure to be found (in the roads for instance for the birds). Probably some dooms day people had something to do with it. I don't believe it was any kind of act of nature.

44. Wendy on January 4th, 2011 8:56 pm

Why is it only certain fish and certain birds?? Are there no other birds that could have had a heart attack and the fish? Are they the only one's that could have climate affect them. This is way to bizarre to be disease or heart attack! If both the fish and the birds were in the same area it would make sense however they are not. Some think the fish were killed when the ship landed and the birds when it took off! What do you think??

45. SignPainterGuy on January 4th, 2011 9:58 pm

I`ve had the Brooklyn Bridge cluttering up my backyard for sometime now, would you like to buy it and take it off my hands ?

46. SignPainterGuy on January 4th, 2011 10:06 pm

I think every time the ship comes and goes, I`m left with an overwhelming urge to take a loooooong hot bath ! ;-)

The absurd should always be met with absurdity !

47. Greatwhite-13 on January 4th, 2011 10:18 pm

Right on the Madrid fault. Major earthquake recorded in 1811, 200 years ago, 1982, 20 years ago, 15,000 quakes recorded, 2001 another collection of quakes. have experiences 500 quakes since 2010. Seems to be a pattern. 2011-2012 Arkansas might be due for another large quake. Not sure about the birds could be linked.

48. SignPainterGuy on January 4th, 2011 10:21 pm

That leaves the only other possible culprit – SWAMP GAS !!

49. Boomhouser on January 4th, 2011 11:00 pm

WHAT? Really 500 earthquakes. Well that explains it then. Underwater gas pocket for sure.

50. SignPainterGuy on January 4th, 2011 11:08 pm

Again, I`m amazed at the un-qualified non-expert "experts" the left trots out as their news analysts !

51. Boomhouser on January 4th, 2011 11:11 pm

This really is the real deal

52. Boomhouser on January 4th, 2011 11:14 pm

If I lived in Guy AR I would move and soon.

53. OK_Loyalist on January 4th, 2011 11:20 pm

Great Googly Moogly, 60+ posts … is this a record Doug ?

54. Doug on January 5th, 2011 12:09 am

I think that's about a record here!

Anybody hear Rush say that the birds were killed because they ran into the debt ceiling?

55. SignPainterGuy on January 5th, 2011 12:32 am

Good chart Boom, I saved it ! Can`t look too long, crosseyed doesn`t work for me !

56. HangarEighteen on January 5th, 2011 12:48 am

This all could be the preliminary actions by a powerfull entity within the government, testing their technology, and the peoples reactions to the phenomenom that they are creating. Fear is by far the greatest tool used to control, manipulate, and decieve mankind. I think this year will bring many fearfull and wonderous signs, on Earth, and in Heaven.

57. n stewarat on January 5th, 2011 3:10 am

How about a localized reversal of the electromagnetic field.

58. guest on January 5th, 2011 3:59 am

I surmise that this is because there is going to be a huge Earthquake this area is located on the Madrid Fault line. I believe that this would be a direct correlation to the Animals dying. They feel all the Earths vibrations as they are out in the Elements.

59. @JenniSiri on January 5th, 2011 4:54 pm

I wouldn't think the birds would be harmed from high altitude issues either. I was thinking more along the lines of a flock feeding in a common field or drinking common ground water that had fracking chemicals in it. I'm not a scientist but the most recent map I just found with the drilling sites indicates that all of the 'events' occurred within that area. Seems like more than just a coincidence. Here is the new map, I put the dots on it for the other 3 sites.

60. @JenniSiri on January 5th, 2011 4:55 pm
  61. @DixAzel on January 5th, 2011 5:15 pm

I don't see anyone talking about the starlings that fell from the sky in ?Sweden? Europe in the last few days. I know it's easy to refute facts that don't align with one's conspiracies, but a correlated event does matter.

62. @DixAzel on January 5th, 2011 5:26 pm

There were RW Blackbirds, European Starlings, and Grackles involved. The reason those birds species were singled out–so to speak–is their abundance in the area and their habit of moving in dense, unled flocks.

63. @DixAzel on January 5th, 2011 5:30 pm

Isn't the New Madrid fault responsible for the creation of Reelfoot Lake? They've been speculating about a big quake coming for a long time.

64. HangarEighteen on January 5th, 2011 7:00 pm

This is the first I have heard about this happening in Sweden , Europe…. Not a thing on CNN about it…

65. Nick on January 5th, 2011 7:15 pm

I am guessing the birds and fish read this blog.

66. sage on January 5th, 2011 8:53 pm

i think that we can not overlook the fact that, whatever the cause, it has a specific impact with an epicenter and radius. given that and the fact that after researching the similar recent events worldwide, i have to wonder what could cause instant death to air born species as well as water species. this poison would have to maintain properties that would one… easily convert from gaseous form to solid or liquid form but still not have a concentration to affect humans, pets, etc. Its interesting that cyanide converts to a frozen solid state and 8.24 degrees fahrenheit and becomes a gas at 78.26 degrees fahrenheit . and remains to be one of the most deadly substances on earth. i mean, what else could cause instant death to such a concentrated area and re-emerge many miles away in a completely different environment? global warming plus gulf coast recovery teams using such lethal chemicals without regard to life coupled with the turbulent nature of our jet stream could be a place to start looking. take the time to research the weather conditions and jet stream conditions at the time of these events. i think you will find them interesting. HAVE A NICE DAY! (:

67. SignPainterGuy on January 5th, 2011 8:55 pm

I went to the map linked in your first post – it looks like the fish kill and the bird falls occured to the south and east of the drilling and e/q areas which would be right in line w/ the storm travel….heck of a coincidence !

I`m pretty well settled on the storm / cold front trauma causing the birds to fall…("black" birds do fly in sky-darkening large flocks) imagine flying from comfortable air temps and instantly hitting 20+ degree colder air; wouldn`t you stiffen up ? As the birds neared the ground, perhaps they had warmed or snapped-to enough to try to fly again or at least glide to a crash landing….that explains the chest trauma seen in almost all the birds !

The expelled gasses form the fracking you mention could explain the fish kill but doesn`t explain the almost exclusive effects on one species…still a mystery….the bird falls occured in AR, LA, KY, IN or IL; were there e/q and fracking zones there as well ? There WERE severe storms there ! More questions deepening the mystery; you should be lovin` it ! :-)

68. sage on January 5th, 2011 8:59 pm

i forgot to mention.. this is not just put on the gulf coast teams but in consideration that these chemicals are being used worldwide and present themselves in many applications of industry. its just that now we are seeing these events more because of the change in weather and the fact that humans presiding over all these areas have very little concern, nor do they even choose to really look at the environmental impact because they only see the color green, when it comes down to it.

69. SignPainterGuy on January 5th, 2011 9:00 pm

Is Reelfoot Lake in Arkansas ? I`ll check it out on Google Earth…all I need is an excuse !

70. SignPainterGuy on January 5th, 2011 9:04 pm

They probably comprehend it !

71. SignPainterGuy on January 5th, 2011 9:10 pm

Interesting perspective except that you imply that anyone should give any credence to the lies of global warming / climate change – budd, it`s a HOAX that is ALL about redistributing mostly American wealth to socialist pockets and NOTHING about science ! YOU HAVE A NICE DAY as well !!!

72. Doug on January 5th, 2011 9:32 pm

The dead liberal birdies keep returning to Capistrano.

73. SignPainterGuy on January 5th, 2011 9:36 pm

Found Reelfoot Lake in TN near and cospicuously in line with the Mississippi River…although there aren`t any lg. mag. earthquakes shown nearby, the lake looks to me like it could easily have been formed by an e/q changing the course of Ol` Miss !!

Do you have an idea of when ?

74. SignPainterGuy on January 5th, 2011 9:54 pm

Dead birds fear no storm !

Doug, I`m feeling all 10%ish again ! My reply to sage has been grabbed by the moderator ….dorn his hide !

75. SignPainterGuy on January 5th, 2011 9:56 pm

I meant "durn" his hide !! Washed my hands and can`t to a thing with `em !

76. mark on January 5th, 2011 10:58 pm

ah its the old fish and bird crop circles…..HMMMMMMMMMMMM

77. SignPainterGuy on January 6th, 2011 1:14 am

78. dana hoecker on January 6th, 2011 1:52 am

i did it with magnet weapon ,forbidden fruit from bible,dana hoecker.

79. dana hoecker on January 6th, 2011 1:54 am

you are correct.i did it with a new weapon from controlling magnets.i created the arc from bible.

80. dana hoecker on January 6th, 2011 1:56 am

my face is the newest crop circle,my face is all over earth,i built the arc from bib le.i touched the forbidden fruit.things happened and that was a split second surge of pure power.az to ak.and the arc took apart at the molecular level.god lives.

81. Nikki on January 6th, 2011 3:30 pm

Think: hydrogen sulfide from the earth's melting core seeping up through cracks in the ground and river. I think you are on the right track. Even Sweden, where birds died, has earthquakes and fissures. The earth's moving and we need to be prepared for disaster of major proportions. The governments would not want the populations to panic, thus, if the government knows about cause and effect, they would probably be quiet. Aliens from space? Or, earthquakes in the making–neither prospect comforts me.

82. SignPainterGuy on January 6th, 2011 3:34 pm

The V.A. has medications for that !

83. Nikki on January 6th, 2011 3:38 pm

I believe you are on the right track; I think the earth is on the move around the world and we can expect some major catastrophic earthquakes. Think: hydrogen sulfide seeping through fissures.

84. Nikki on January 6th, 2011 3:39 pm

1811-1812 New Madrid earthquake created this lake.

85. Theresa on January 6th, 2011 4:01 pm

My hubby say's that maybe it has to do with gases coming from all the earthquakes going on all over the earth right now…I think that's logical.

86. SignPainterGuy on January 6th, 2011 4:36 pm

"i created the arc from bible." And you didn`t get killed in the process ! Just plain WOW !! Or did you ?!

87. SignPainterGuy on January 6th, 2011 4:40 pm

That happens frequently, but only adds to the mysterious mystery of why such a relatively narrow range of species effected ?! Hmmmmm !

88. SignPainterGuy on January 6th, 2011 4:47 pm

Yeah, I can visualize marauding bands of mischievous blackbirds stomping crops into mathmatically correct geometric patterns, but "walking" freshwater drum fish ? Nah, needs work !

89. asheham on January 6th, 2011 4:58 pm

We are in a 12 year Solar cycle that is approachin­g its peak event. Is this what is affecting the recent reports of massive bird and fish deaths? The electro-ma­gnetic fields will increase and may be affecting the birds and fish.

AP Reported April 2007:

The peak of the next sunspot cycle is expected in late 2011 or mid-2012 — potentiall­y affecting airline flights, communicat­ions satellites and electrical transmissi­ons. But forecaster­s can’t agree on how intense it will be.

A 12-member panel charged with forecastin­g the solar cycle said Wednesday it is evenly split over whether the peak will be 90 sunspots or 140 sunspots.

90. brian muslek on January 6th, 2011 5:51 pm

gas expulsion from earths core could indeed be an explanation, the earth can expulse large amounts of CO2 and methane hence suffocating both species it has now happened in a smaller scale in Sweden. Natural disasters more frequent than ever and now this pattern is our volatile earth nearing a catastrophic episode and we simply dont know about it? Floods, volcanoes, tsunamis why so frequent??????

91. SignPainterGuy on January 6th, 2011 6:17 pm

Doug, my reply to Nikki from 2 hrs ago has vanished ! Has your moderator singled me out for flogging or am I having another "Twilight Zone" moment ??

92. Doug on January 6th, 2011 6:38 pm

I don't know! There's nothing in the "hold" cue at all!

93. ant on January 6th, 2011 6:52 pm

We are the american people and we have the right to know the truth! The government thinks that we are all stupid but thats far from the truth. Whatever happen in Ark, its def not fireworks. LOL, Its like the whole UFO thing, the government always claims its flares, weather ballon or some silly explantation so that people wont pay attention to the truth. I believe it has nothing to do with nature and all to do with experiment ( Haarp) or maybe a massive ufo discharge some type of radiation. Like the fellow said before its only one specific bird. Thats to odd

94. SignPainterGuy on January 6th, 2011 9:04 pm

Musta been a Twilight zone moment then !

I had to replace my wireless mouse this afternoon; irratic curser behavior, turning back on by itself ! Maybe that is / was the cause – the new one acts perfectly fine !

Thanks Doug ! And congrats on breaking 100 comments !!

95. SignPainterGuy on January 6th, 2011 9:06 pm

It`s a mysterious mystery indeed !

96. SignPainterGuy on January 6th, 2011 10:01 pm

Thanks Nikki, I was leaning toward that one…it did damage as far away as Charleston,SC….a real whopper !

97. Anonymous on January 7th, 2011 12:45 am

You guys let's use our brains here. All the birds died at once and while in flight so It obviously couldn't be poison or dsease because not all the birds would drop dead at the same time and they wouldn't be flying either. Plus events like this are happening worldwide. If you think all the deaths are connected i think their can only be a very VERY small amount of possiblities. I have a theory and it's very long and in a seperate comment.

98. Glass guy on January 7th, 2011 1:03 am

Here is a link that talks about pipeline locations and faults. If you scroll down a ways, you'll see where they talk about a white sand area called "Daytona Beach, Arkansas, which is a fault that was created about 5000 years ago and recently discovered to be separate fault from the New Madrid Fault. If you Mapquest Bebee, AR, you can see where it is in relation to this area. It's described as a very dangerous fault area. I think it's something to consider at least.

99. knowing on January 7th, 2011 1:14 am

Doesnt everyone know about the chemtrails and the poison that is being sprayed over us in the US? This is happening everyday. The powers that be also have genetically engineered these pointers in the poisons that are produced that only target a certain species or ethnic group. This was a test to see how successful they are. Watch the skies for the planes spraying.

100. SignPainterGuy on January 7th, 2011 2:35 am

Good mapages Glass guy ! And to think, my Sister is thinking of retiring not-far-enough east of there !!

101. SignPainterGuy on January 7th, 2011 2:37 am

Can we assume you have "first spray" knowledge !!??

102. Richard Burgess on January 7th, 2011 7:36 pm

All the fish washing up around the world are bottom feeders. The red winged blackbird congregate in agricultural fields, feedlots, pastures, and grassland this time of year. They were killed by Infrasound. I can show an earthquake on the day of or day before each find. I posted a small video on youtube called "Dead birds and fish explained"
    Richard Burgess.

103. Richard Burgess on January 7th, 2011 7:38 pm

With little assistance I could turn my theory to fact.

104. Richard Burgess on January 7th, 2011 7:44 pm

Infrasound also would cause the internal damage found. I would bet they find no poison or toxins. The fish and birds deaths are related.

105. Jonathon on January 7th, 2011 8:23 pm

Look up John Wheeler tries to go public it explains why and how this happened. There is no mystrey behind this one… The goverment is hidding something. They released a gas as a malfunction in the sprayer plane. They have some kind of gas they got from Iraq to test it…. Plz ppl look it up the goverment is hiding something!!!!

106. Jonathon on January 7th, 2011 8:28 pm

Look up John Wheeler tries to go public it is the goverment

107. kelly on January 7th, 2011 9:14 pm

I'm thinking there is going to be a volcanic eruption along the ancient fault lines that lie below … there must be a toxic gas,.. if you compare earthquake activity in that time period, there was several of them in that very spot within the same days this phenomenon happened… just a theory

108. urguessasgdasmine on January 8th, 2011 1:31 pm

Gravity changes. The only plausible possibility. The bees keep flying up, the birds keep flying up, fish keep swimming up. all of wich would kill them. each type of bird or fish would have its own level of gravity suseptibility that they use for navigation. Imagine putting a blindfold on while underwater and you cant figure out wich way to swim to get out of the water. Changes in gravity could be caused by shifts in the earths core. also causing magnetic north to change as much as 40 miles a year., or antigravitation machines that NASA has tested. Or maybe that big underground machine they finished building in sweeden last year.

109. 4real on January 8th, 2011 4:06 pm

Hosea 4:3

110. Katie on January 8th, 2011 6:39 pm

Did anyone HEAR the birds fall? Obviously they had to hit roof tops, cars, water…ect to make noise. A bird falling to the earth from as far up as birds tend to fly would make noise when it hit the ground let alone thousands of birds. I have yet to hear anyone say they have and I was just wondering.

111. Gino on January 8th, 2011 7:30 pm

My theory would require a look at log or history of thermal weather pattern over the period that this all started to see what the wind patterns looked like and identify what possible pollutants may exist in the of this path devastation. Another theory is that cool air (winter temperatures) is much more dense than warm air, so there is the possibility that a stream of discomfort (pollutants) may have cause these birds to fly at altitudes loose H20 and fall to their demise, or parasites that may be causing these birds to not realize what altitude they are flying at until it's to late.

112. Pearl Curtright on January 9th, 2011 4:13 pm

Could it be that a super power has spread some kind of nuclear airbourne chemical weapons into the admosphere throughout the world and it only affected the birds and sea life? Perhaps humans will be next. Now the proper dose can be measured to destroy humans in the areas of choice. People of America, people of the world there is calamity and strife all over our entire world. We are now one HUGE Boil that is ready to erupt. Will we ever learn to stand together as one?

113. Jack Rivers on January 9th, 2011 8:09 pm

Look at history, I'm 70 and I have never seen or heard of this happening in the past.
    Their are jets overhead spraying something?? Their is a thing in Alaska called HAARP
    that nobody wants to give a good explanation as to what it is for?? And lately the weather is sooo strange?? I think when people start dropping dead, then we might think something is wrong.

114. MAX on January 15th, 2011 1:06 pm

I think the birds drank out of the chemical infested water that the fish died it.

115. Steve Watt on January 16th, 2011 8:47 pm

Chronological presentation of the recent fish and bird kills http://www.thejoyluckclub.com/Mass_Fish_and_Bird_