This year’s tax deadline has been extended by three days:

The Internal Revenue Service kicked off the U.S. tax filing season, announcing on Tuesday that taxpayers will have until April 18, 2011 to file their 2010 returns and pay their tax bills because of a holiday on April 15.

What (DC) holiday is on Friday, April 15th? Emancipation Day.

I wish they’d have kept the original deadline — I could have used the material.

Comments

7 Responses to “IRS Blows Huge Irony Opportunity”

1. Marshall_Will on January 4th, 2011 5:26 pm

Brian Killmeade discussed this a bit the other day on Fox & Friends. ( He Interned for the IRS as a college kid )

His guess was that the IRS was fully ramped up for the Bush Tax Cuts -not- to pass and that's why they're not prepared for Schedule A ( Itemized Deduction ) filers! Knowing how Gov't agencies operate ( I have no reason to doubt Brian )

While it may sound miniscule, structurally, the year has already changed. And not for the better. More distrust from the Small Biz community. Lots of businesses RELY on a Refund in the early-going to float them thru the ( post-Christmas blahs ) part of the year.

Many ( after showing an Operating LOSS on Schedule C for last year ) are DUE a Refund… Wobbly start there Mr. Prez. ( Suffice to say if you're self-employed and filing Sched. A you'll be filing a 'C' as well ) Of course leading to 'more' crisis that in turn creates…

2. Marshall_Will on January 4th, 2011 5:49 pm

My bad! In true Wonka fashion "Strike that ( reverse it! )"

If you're self-emp. and filing a C ( no doubt you'd be filing A in virtually all cases ) Unless you're a dot.com start-up and live in your mom's basement?

Oh! And not all stock options are "under water" for 2010 either! So this may not be contained to the self-employed? Rank & file W-2 filers ( that work for an 'evil corporation' ) will get stung too. Along w/ all the retirees… and folks w/ two nickels to rub together… so, basically everybody that wouldn't have voted for Obama. Hmmm?

3. SignPainterGuy on January 4th, 2011 9:03 pm

Since it`s widely known that our Republican leadership never fails to miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity, can I take this as proof that Democrats are in control at the IRS ??

4. OK_Loyalist on January 4th, 2011 11:18 pm

Emancipation Day ???

Oh, the day a REPUBLICAN freed the slaves from the grips the Democrats had on the Africans !!!

Hmmm … didn't know it was a national holiday

5. SignPainterGuy on January 4th, 2011 11:59 pm

Somehow, in all the rush, I missed it too !

Funny how the left claims to champion the cause of the downtrodden while actually being the deliverers of that very downtrodding !

6. Clu Seatoe on January 5th, 2011 1:03 am

You can stand there striping them across the back, up over the shoulders and down onto the chest and across the face and tell them that it’s because of Bush and they’ll believe you. We wouldn’t have to do this except for the GOP. It’s for your own good.

OK, I can accept that there are mindless dolts as gullible as that.

What really knocks logic for a loop is that the Jews will walk right up beside the mindless dolts, strap themselves in and ask to trodden under foot as well, and actually break out their check books and support the left for the privilege of being subjugated.

Hey, Mao, turn your back over this way! No, turn your back over here! Turn your back on me now. Hey, Mao, I’m a Jew and I’m helping to build the GZ Mosque, turn away from me, I voted for you!

7. SignPainterGuy on January 6th, 2011 4:26 pm

A true "non-sequiter" !

Ain`t it funny how funny the truth can be sometimes ?