Oprah can’t think she fills her studio with people who are praying she’ll give them free cars and trips but can turn around and make them pay for something as petty as having to upgrade their cable/sat service in order to see her new network, can she?

She can:

A day after the launch of her ambitious new TV network, the message board on Oprah Winfrey’s website was flooded with posts from fans upset that they now have to pay to see the talk show queen.

“Cannot believe Oprah would launch a new show on a cable channel that is not part of the basic service,” wrote a fan tagged johnjanesmith.

“She will be losing some of her most loyal fans because they either do not have cable or they have basic cable. I have basic cable and do not plan on changing my cable service.

“Oprah has lost me as I am sure many other people. Too bad that she didn’t look into a channel that would serve everyone.”

“I am very disappointed that I will not be able to watch Oprah (whom I love),” wrote lvtootsie. “I cannot afford to pay the extra monthly fee.”

Conversely, these people can’t think that Oprah became a billionaire by giving away everything — can they?

Oh well, they’ve still got their free health care! Oh, wait

But maybe that’ll be the next big audience giveaway on one of Oprah’s final syndicated shows: “Everybody’s getting a free cable service upgraaaaaaade…. INCLUDING THE 24/7 MAYA ANGELOU CHANNEL! WOO HOO!”

Comments

15 Responses to “Oprah Has Angered Her Freebots, Girlfriend!”

1. Marshall_Will on January 4th, 2011 12:35 pm

Welcome to the New Normal honeybunch!

Yeah, we're ALL struggling to find a way in which to keep ourselves relevant in Post-Disintermediation America gurlfriend. Since obviously a good many of her viewers have never even 'heard' of a Blog ( let alone -posted- on one! ) good luck with 'that' medium, O?

2. SignPainterGuy on January 4th, 2011 1:50 pm

In his previous O post, Doug mentioned that since he wasn`t planning to watch her new show in the first place, he could now not watch twice as much ! I asked him if he would then see twice as little. Of course that required the Yogi Berra "descrambler" device ! With her show appearing on a network not included in basic cable packages, it should be even easier to NOT watch to your heart`s content ! Right ?! (Sorry for the "split infinitive" – nasty little boogers)

3. SignPainterGuy on January 4th, 2011 8:48 pm

"Post-Disintermediation America" – What ? I looked that up, it`s actually in my dictionary, but quite a mouthfull ! Is that an InvestmentGuy`s insider-speak way of saying, "the fed printing it`s own money" in an afterwards sorta way ?

4. SignPainterGuy on January 4th, 2011 8:58 pm

"……..MM and her parting company with FOX." ??? and, "When Michelle stormed off……." ??? I musta missed these, please bring me up to speed here ! Thanks !

5. Marshall_Will on January 4th, 2011 9:15 pm

Doug probably would know better than I ( and I'm sure it's something MM rather not re-live on a daily basis ) but: They were discussing -illegal- aliens and Geraldo goes off on some weird tangent like "If I saw her (MM) on the street… why I'd spit on her!"

Michelle rightly -demanded- a retraction and apology and like so often is the case these days ( she got a 'non-apology apology' ) and I think that was pretty much it? Enough. Good for her! She later made comment to the effect that "Once people start going down the "spit path" ( it's not long before other bodily fluids come up? )

No doubt MM is a class-act all the way, but even if that weren't the case, Geraldo should know you just don't talk to people that way, and certainly not women! Dude is a pig. My biggest regret is that Fox didn't side w/ MM.

6. SignPainterGuy on January 4th, 2011 10:56 pm

Ok, thanks…I remember some of that now…the mustache with a racist-narcissist attached struck again ! Why FOX keeps him is beyond me !

Michelle Malkin is among the topmost cream of the class-act crop !

Did she part company with FOX ? Recently ?

7. OK_Loyalist on January 4th, 2011 11:14 pm

This shows you how Bill O'Reilly sticks up for the folks …. NOT ! He would rather continue the circle jerk with A-holes like Riveria. If O'Reilly was a politician he would be another one of those PINHEADS always talking about reaching across the aisle.

8. Marshall_Will on January 4th, 2011 11:27 pm

"with a racist-narcissist attached" LOL!

Yeah that about sums it up for me? No, not 'recently' as far as I know. It's just that -half- the fun of being an MM fan is watching the patented "eye rolls", the sure-fire "you're making me lose my lunch!" look etc.

It just struck me that her role within the network could, and probably 'should' have continued to do nothing but grow. Again, Doug would know better than any of us, but.., my guess is that if Michelle wasn't willing to go along w/ 'that' much abuse ( which surely she's taken from LIB talking-heads ) there HAD to be other objections she took issue with?

I'm sure had she be willing to play along w/ the farce, all would've been forgotten. Except… by HER! I have no doubt Doug's posters would have done the exact same thing. Like my dad always said; "Christ Son! ( you have to -stand- for 'something'? )

9. OK_Loyalist on January 4th, 2011 11:33 pm

While I'm thinking about it MM is on Dennis Miller radio tomorrow … not sure what time though.

I listen daily off of http://www.wicc600.com/ 10am-1pm EST

10. SignPainterGuy on January 5th, 2011 12:10 am

Billy O`R never appealed to me much but he lost me entirely when, all thru the campaign, he kept assigning way to much benevelence to Obummer, trying always to show Zero`s good side or something ! I kept screaming, "NO YOU IDIOT, OBOZO IS A LYING MARXIST, YOU CAN`T BELIEVE A DAMN THING HE SAYS !" I`m guessing Bill didn`t hear me !

Oh, and thanks for the headsup and DM radio link ! Is DM`s show worth missing 2 hrs of Glen Beck and the first hr of Rush ?

11. Doug on January 5th, 2011 12:11 am

Hmm, you know as much if not more than I do about this, but if I hear anything I'll pass it along!

12. SignPainterGuy on January 5th, 2011 12:17 am

You are da maan ! Much grass !

13. OK_Loyalist on January 5th, 2011 12:22 am

Miller is like reading over here at Doug's site. Lots of humor to help ease the pain of the news of the day.

14. OK_Loyalist on January 5th, 2011 1:31 am

Speaking of the pain of the news … http://www.usnews.com/news/washington-whispers/ar

This has had me very PO'd today. There is no flippin' end to their underhandedness.

15. SignPainterGuy on January 5th, 2011 2:16 am

Dems want what they want so bad, they`ll do anything, by hook or crook, to get it ! It makes no difference whether we want it or not or even if it`s illegal !

Pond scum rates higher in my estimation !