It’s been a dream of mine since those days nine or ten years ago when I put together the informal “People for the Ethical Treatment of Alec Baldwin” organization (I can’t believe it’s still online).

The guy’s a talent as an actor and a lunatic politically, which is a great combination if you write about politics on a daily basis and fear running out of topics.

I’ll give Alec credit for one thing: As he says in the interview with Client-9 below, we’ve had well over 20 years of Yale and Harvard running the country — maybe it’s long past time to give Lee Strasberg Theatre Institute alum a crack at it. But don’t take my word for it, because I’m biased and hold a grudge. I still think the jerk owes an apology to Henry Hyde’s family:

(h/t Weasel Zippers)

Comments

7 Responses to “Alec Baldwin Considering Running for Office? Oh Please Make it So!”

1. OK_Loyalist on January 5th, 2011 3:48 am

"over 20 years of Yale and Harvard" … does he think the 40 other prior presidents graduated from Rocco Globbo School for Women ?

2. nannykins on January 5th, 2011 11:35 am

Shut up and act Alex!

3. nannykins on January 5th, 2011 2:17 pm

Is his campaign slogan going to be "you all are a bunch of filthy little pigs"? Ask his daughter – she seems to have been on the other end of his many tirades.

4. Marshall_Will on January 5th, 2011 2:38 pm

I… was going to post the audio link but then I listened to a few seconds to make sure I had the right one, and then it dawned on me. He was acting 'then' too!

The pauses, the emphasis, inflection. Every -bit- of it as fake as the man himself. It sounds authentic enough on your AM radio stuck in traffic but this alone disqualifies him as dog catcher.

5. SignPainterGuy on January 5th, 2011 3:32 pm

Thanks for taking one for the team, Big Guy ! Your analysis is correct !

I thought he was going to move out of the US if GWB was elected, I was ready to help him pack and give him a good swift boot to the butt to see him off !

6. SignPainterGuy on January 5th, 2011 4:17 pm

Looks like really fun times on the Baldwin (and X) family home front !!

Is his daughter an actress ?

7. OK_Loyalist on January 5th, 2011 6:19 pm

Notice how Elliot (think E.T.) Sputzer immediately dismisses Palin's creds but naturally Baldwin is qualified? The MSM is such a joke.