By way of Drudge — I love the smell of dissipating Botox. It smells like… victory:

I had a Rorschach moment when I saw that, because I swear this was the first vision that popped into my head:

Outside the Beltway has a picture of what replaced Pelosi’s sign. Liberals are weeping more than Boehner today.

The gavel transfer is now complete. I hope Obamacare was worth it, Nancy!

Update: Apparently when Pelosi handed over Speaker duties to Boehner, she made a remark about the impressive size of his gavel. Down, Grandma! Some things are best left unsaid.

Comments

29 Responses to “Changing of the House Guard: Photo of the Day”

1. Bev on January 5th, 2011 4:50 pm

The people have spoken! THAT is what this country is supposed to be about! HURRAH! (and I love the image that popped into your mind!)

2. SignPainterGuy on January 5th, 2011 4:58 pm

Aaaaah yes, your speaking my language, office signs ! Remove and replace, cha ching ! And I agree with Bev, the photoshopped image of the toppling Pelosi statue is priceless – both images should be stratigically placed so Queen Nan will see them at every turn ! The botox obviously has her near the edge, a gentle nudge should finish the job !

3. OK_Loyalist on January 5th, 2011 5:10 pm

Alright everyone sing … "Ding Dong The Witch Is DEAD" !!!!

What would be priceless is Boehner taking the gravel from Stretch and then rapping her in the head with it.

4. Doug on January 5th, 2011 5:22 pm

Too much to hope for, I suppose!

5. OK_Loyalist on January 5th, 2011 5:25 pm

Oooops … ^^^^ gravel = gavel LOL

6. SignPainterGuy on January 5th, 2011 5:38 pm

No biggie, gravel can be painful as well….pain is your goal, right ? ;-)

7. SignPainterGuy on January 5th, 2011 5:44 pm

Boehner`s speach was inspiring – and apparently poison to the dems (listening to Rush) ! Pelosi`s "gravel" pass to Boehner was BLASPHEMY to some dems present, "God bless you Speaker Boehner!"

8. Doug on January 5th, 2011 5:54 pm

Isn't it funny that the left is trying to portray Boehner as a "drunk" and it's supposed to turn people off? Democrats had a drunk and they did nothing but tout HIM as a "lion of the senate" for over four decades.

9. SignPainterGuy on January 5th, 2011 5:56 pm

Boehner`s speach was inspiring, many good plans for 112th ! According to Rush`s play-by-play, some of the dems were shooting "eye daggers" at him ! Pelosi`s "gravel" pass to Boehner was remarkably un-botox influenced – gracious, "God bless Speaker Boehner !"

Thanks for the tune, OK, it will be stuck in my head all day ! ;-)

10. SignPainterGuy on January 5th, 2011 6:07 pm

It`s the usual beyond "double" standard at its finest !

11. Marshall_Will on January 5th, 2011 6:12 pm

Doug,

I'm grateful you included that link. I had no idea leftists were already busying themselves trying to make an issue of that? Again, even if true ( he would have a whole lotta' catching up to do )

And I'm only partially 'kidding'. 2009 was the darkest hour of my life w/ 2010 not being much better. It would have been hard/uphill enough against the backdrop of roaring employment and a non-Porkulus recovering economy. With the over-reaching/bendgenda playing out as it did, c'mon Rich Lowry… you were sobbing. Just admit it and we can all move on.

12. Mike S. on January 5th, 2011 6:46 pm

The "to-do" list for regaining our country (edited version):

1. New Speaker of the House (check!)
    2. New occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue (soon…but not soon enough)

13. SignPainterGuy on January 5th, 2011 6:56 pm

Doug, at weaselzippers above the "gavel exchange" story you linked is another exchange pic asking commenters to "Caption This" ! The commenters` captions are priceless !

14. Marshall_Will on January 5th, 2011 7:09 pm

SPG,

Yeah those are pretty darned funny. Good folks over there.

Here's my plan ( as one WZ poster brought to our attention ) After fluffing off two-whole-years on HC and God knows what all, now all of a sudden the Dem's want to drop the whole HC debate "and get focused on jobs and the economy"? Why I oughtta'…

And can we now move Debbie Wasserman (D-FL) to the head of the Yer' Gonna' Get Yours! line? Sheesh. Redefining Repugnant. Like a freakin' wind-up doll.

15. Nick on January 5th, 2011 7:19 pm

So when Obama and the Democrats won big in 2006 and 2008, that wasn't the people speaking? Or was that time for mindless opposition to everything based on hate and ignorance?

There is nothing in the world more simplistically ignorant than a right wing American.

16. Marshall_Will on January 5th, 2011 8:52 pm

Caught Doug's head's up on MSNBC's thoroughly -laughable- "Lean Forward" at lunch w/ Dylan Ratigan. What a joke.

Firstly, scant mention of Pelosi's drop-kick from grace AND… it's right ahead w/ how the Rep's 'bought' the election etc! ( Like these guys never even heard of the TP? )

What was truly disgraceful was they had the founder of Crooks&Liars and they're both blaming the Rep's for the Pub. Emp. union pension deficits! Logic being, in most ( not 'all' ) but most cases there were GOP gov's and state leg's that bought the house o' cards mortgages for the pension fund! Well, even if that were true, they completely glossed over how the Gov. unions STOOD on their throat -demanding- "minimum returns! 15 mins. was all I could take.

Top that!

17. Nanny on January 5th, 2011 9:48 pm

I never saw my dad cry until the day my 3 yr. old son died. After that he never surpressed his tears – whether it was happy tears or sad tears. Nothing wrong with letting your emotions show. I have no problem with the Speaker tearing up. He worked very hard to get where he is and gives all the credit to his hard working family. No Lucky Sperm Club for him.

And I cry every time I hear the National Anthem. I teared up today when I saw the story about the homeless man in Columbus with the great radio voice who finally made an impression on someone and now has a chance to fulfill his dream again. And I cried when I had to leave Ft. Worth on Sunday after visiting my grandson. And I still cry at the movie ending of Harry and the Hendersons!

Compassion and heartfelt caring is alive and well in this conservative.

18. OK_Loyalist on January 5th, 2011 10:04 pm

Great perspective as always Nanny. Sorry to hear of your loss and surely understand your father's grief.

19. SignPainterGuy on January 5th, 2011 10:15 pm

Bless your heart Nanny, I`m so sorry to hear about your son, but I feel glad for your Dad ! I can certainly impathize with you both !

How ` bout "Toy Story 3" ? "The Notebook" ? It took 14 yrs after my bitter divorce before I could stand to watch a love story, now I puddle up in the grocery store check out line watching someone being kind to blue-haired old ladies ! LeAnn Rimes does my favorite NA !

20. Marshall_Will on January 5th, 2011 10:25 pm

Nanny,

Sorry, we didn't know. Thoughts & prayers with you.

I just thought Rich was coming off like this tough guy and… we've got to put on a stiff-upper lip and all..? He asked Sean, "How many times have -you- cried on this show Sean!?"

The read I'm getting in retrospect is; all that suppressed anger made us such an easy target for Lefties? I mean think about it, when does your "Worst moment at work *ever* " usually come? Correct ( right after your -second- worst moment! )

When you're in a vulnerable situation to begin with, pushing your emotions down all the further only means your detractors can "smell blood in the water". Now all they want is to finish the kill. From now on let's make a pact. If you're p!ssed off, SAY you're p!ssed off! Or Shove your Olive Branch or.. whatever?

21. Marshall_Will on January 5th, 2011 11:02 pm

SPG,

FWIW, I'm reading the new Keith Richards book and to be sure, he talks about the Rolling Stones, rock & roll____ women, rock & ROLL Women ( but mostly… about Women? )

It's just great. It's great to know that a guy that was loved the world over, made millions of dollars and could have any woman he would have wanted… EXCEPT 'for' the one he wanted… is a spiritual revelation for guys!

If you had the good fortune to -still- be happily married to the very first gal you ever MET ( this book isn't for 'you' ) For the REST of us… ( there'll be a test! ) And no peaking!

22. Doug on January 5th, 2011 11:59 pm

I'll check 'em out!

23. SignPainterGuy on January 6th, 2011 12:21 am

Yeah, NOW they want to focus on jobs and the economy ! And Dingy the Harry wants the r`s NOT to bother trying to repeal HC, the efforts will only fail in the senate …. I`m gettin` that ol` "watch my left hand, ignore my right" feeling from all of it !

Sorry, DW has barely caught my notice, I`ll have to adjust the squelch on my radar and pay more attn. to her….Gives new meaning to repugnant does she ?!

24. OK_Loyalist on January 6th, 2011 12:30 am

I'm moving this over here from the Gibbs thread as it fits in a lil better since you brought up HC …

This is twice I have heard this, first on Jerry Doyle last night and again tonight on Levin. http://healthblog.ncpa.org/health-problem-quantif

To quote BiteMe … This is a Big Effin' Deal

25. SignPainterGuy on January 6th, 2011 1:41 am

What else would a man want to talk about more than the prime object of his desires !? Certainly not fishin` !

I heard there`s a lot in the book about doing a lot of drugs, for a long time……….a lot !

I did have the pleasure of dating my very first girlfriend after we were both divorced – for a year ! This time though, I left her…. there`s truth to the song, "Sometimes God`s greatest gift is unanswered prayer !" And 16 yrs. after "that" we are still friends !

There will be a test ? I already feel like Job !

26. TheZooKeeper on January 6th, 2011 12:47 pm

The very definition of "restraint": http://tiny.cc/o9g6l

27. SignPainterGuy on January 6th, 2011 3:32 pm

Thank you, Zoo ! Peeeerfect !

28. TheZooKeeper on January 6th, 2011 3:39 pm

29. LadyDezyre on January 9th, 2011 10:53 am

I love this photo. Boehner looks as if he wants to smack Pelosi with the gavel.