What’s wrong with this picture, and who is it?

I’ll give you a hint: Gore Vidal called him “too intelligent for America.” Joe Biden said Americans aren’t used to somebody this smart. AskMen.com lauded him as a style icon.

You probably guessed it by now. The entire picture is here.

Eh, it’s still a lot better than this.

Update: Here’s another angle. All I’m going to say is it must have been a long flight:

Comments

21 Responses to “Fashion Emergency, DC Edition”

1. OK_Loyalist on January 7th, 2011 1:34 am

Sure was nice that he tucked Mr Winkie in !!!

2. Clu Seatoe on January 7th, 2011 1:47 am

Mao:
    My world may be pretty small and peopled with the most self-absorbed asses that America could produce, but me and every one in my world are living at the pinnacle of existence on your dime.

In fact I don’t even need pockets anymore, and I can’t remember the last time I reached into any of my pockets to pay for something.

So who is getting the last laugh?

3. Ken in Texas on January 7th, 2011 1:56 am

Just gettin' ready for his homeless persona come 2012. Either that, or fashion icon Michelle helped him dress after she woke him from an alcohol stupor.

4. SignPainterGuy on January 7th, 2011 2:03 am

With just a little tweaking, Clu, that could have been really funny ! That just makes me despise our narcissist-in-chief even more !

5. SignPainterGuy on January 7th, 2011 2:13 am

Pardon moi, Doug, while I don`t take my fashion cues from Teh One Who Is(n`t) Too Smart For America !

6. Clu Seatoe on January 7th, 2011 2:19 am

Then you got it. Don’t let the hatred rule you, but don’t let it die either. Only two more years.

7. OK_Loyalist on January 7th, 2011 2:31 am

Two more years until what?

8. Marshall_Will on January 7th, 2011 12:45 pm

Ken,

Incredible! Didn't the homeless guy that youtube 'auditioned' sound just like him? Too funny. And yes, I find it hysterical people his age that spent their entire lives "challenging everything!" and questioning 'the man' wind up on a downward spiral of, wait for it… booze! The Establishment's "drug of choice".

Don't get me wrong, I'm actually a year or two 'older' than His Swagger. Difference being ( I was never two-faced when it came to my connection to The Establishment (1) and alcohol (2)

Have a great Fashion DAY! Mr. President. ( Then think of all the gut-wrenching torment/work we've all done during the time he's been on vacay? )

9. Marshall_Will on January 7th, 2011 1:37 pm

"Update:"

Cher called… ( She wants her skanky bar fly leggings BACK Moochelle! )

It's come time. Someone has to say it. The parallels between Moochelle and Imelda Marcos can no longer be ignored. Actually, I 'am' qualified to speak to the subject. I was stationed in the Philippines from the Aquino Assassination up to and thru the People's Power Revolution that dethroned Marcos ( and her husband )

Ahem, please to note the clenched hands and scrunched up nose that just screams: "Is 'this' what The Little People have been having to put up with? See…, we've been at The Summer Palace in Baguio and had no IDEA what the commoner's weather has been like? Sucks to be 'you'! ".

'Wear' it Moochelle.

10. SignPainterGuy on January 7th, 2011 6:49 pm

Doug, I`ve posted twice after M_W today and they`ve both vanished – Twilight Zone again ? Your 100+ comment thread ended with 3+ missing / vanished to Cyber-nowhere ! :-(

11. SignPainterGuy on January 7th, 2011 7:04 pm

With the addition of the second pic, I`m convinced that the current first couple are the worst dressed evah !

AND, it was my impression that AF-1 was supremely well equipped, so, regardless of length of flight there should be no need for "knots and corks" !

12. Marshall_Will on January 7th, 2011 7:06 pm

SPG,

( Doug's working on it ) Just keep plugging away like 'I' do ( some of it is bound to start sticking! ) I kept telling him it ain't the starter it's that damned coil wire?

13. SignPainterGuy on January 7th, 2011 7:09 pm

My first vehicle was a `49 Ford F-1 p/u….a new bare-braided wire condenser wire had as much fun with me as TOTUS does w/ Zero !

14. SignPainterGuy on January 7th, 2011 7:26 pm

Doug, M_W, anyone, are you familiar w/ FIREFOX ? It`s been suggested that I switch over from Internet Explorer-9 (beta) that`s caused some issues for me ! I promise to look carefully for (beta) before downloading anything again !!

I did a short tour of the FIREFOX site and it looks good and easy….. my super-geek nephew uses it but didn`t explain enough why !

15. Doug on January 7th, 2011 9:39 pm

Still trying to figure out what the problem is. Right now it seems to be registering the comments but they're not showing up on the page. I can see them in the cue on my account but they're not showing up on the site…

16. Doug on January 7th, 2011 9:41 pm

The laptop I'm using right now is on Firefox… it's the browser for Ubuntu Linux. I installed that after my Windows crashed and I don't mind it all that much. It seems a little slower when it comes to loading though, but not a ton slower.

17. SignPainterGuy on January 8th, 2011 2:30 am

I went ahead and installed FIREFOX – it cleared up several issues i`d had and has some neat features to explore – so far, so good !

On-, up-, and out-ward !

18. OK_Loyalist on January 8th, 2011 4:04 am

It is an IntenseDebate issue I think … I had another site using IntenseDebate do the same thing last night as well.

And your site do it twice today

19. Doug on January 8th, 2011 9:07 am

Hopefully it's fixed now. I think I've been in ID over a year and that's the first real glitch I've noticed. We'll see.

20. Doug on January 8th, 2011 9:09 am

Another thing I like about Ubuntu is that it has a free knock-off version of MS Word that works just as well. That way I don't have to give Bill Gates a couple hundred bucks.

21. Alex on January 8th, 2011 10:55 am

Looking at that picture i would say that also Michele has some problems with her style