The left’s response to the Arizona murders was rapid, relentless and focused on people who had nothing to do with the killings. It’s almost like their strategists think these things through in advance. They do.

Remember this from November?

Mark Penn, Democratic strategist and former chief strategist for Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign, let out the kind of doozy, on last night’s Hardball, that must be seen to be believed. Comparing Obama’s current situation to the aftermath of the 1994 “Republican Revolution,” Penn noted that it took the Oklahoma City tragedy in order for President Clinton to “reconnect” with the American people.

He then stepped off the cliff by saying that President Obama needed a “similar event” to achieve that reconnection following his party’s midterm losses.

These mentally ill people play “tragedy games” the way the military plays “war games.” They don’t see dead men, women and children — they see political gain. “Never let a crisis go to waste.”

What are the odds that the people who stand to gain politically from murders like we saw last weekend actually care about solving the problem? Does anybody on the left actually believe that getting rid of Sarah Palin, talk radio and the Tea Party will prevent the next Jared Loughner — whose motivations apparently came from the voices in his head and not those from his radio — from going on a killing spree? Of course not. That’s not even close to their goal.

Barack Obama could take a page from Gandhi, who he claims is his personal hero, and step in and actually show some leadership and try and ease tensions between the left and the right before somebody else gets hurt, but there’s no chance in hell that will happen (see above).

Update: The liberal spin machine is failing. There’s a good chance that Sarah Palin emerges from this a stronger voice than ever with an increasingly cohesive following thanks to yet another bogus character assassination attempt. This could go down in history as an epic backfire.

Update II: UK Daily Mail: How America’s elite hijacked a massacre to take revenge on Sarah Palin

It also must be asked: Revenge for what? She was a VP candidate on a losing presidential ticket. They’re not seeking revenge for things in the past as much as outwardly demonstrating sheer panic at what she might accomplish in the future.

Comments

25 Responses to “‘Never Let a Crisis Go to Waste’: This is Not a Drill”

1. TheZooKeeper on January 11th, 2011 12:44 pm

Since crosshairs are all the rage right now, why don't we get a political cartoonist like Michael Ramirez to draw a group of average citizens representing the Tea Party with a big, fat media crosshair on them?

2. Doug on January 11th, 2011 12:51 pm

Excellent idea.

3. steveegg on January 11th, 2011 12:53 pm

Our Leftist Overlords would cheer that

4. TheZooKeeper on January 11th, 2011 12:58 pm

Use your "Powers"/connections and make it so. Poof! – Nothing more fun than seeing the left have it thrown back in their face.

5. Doug on January 11th, 2011 1:08 pm

You can be fairly certain that A) It's already been done somewhere, and B) Whoever did it fails to understand the irony.

6. Tweets that mention ‘Never Let a Crisis Go to Waste’: This is Not a Drill : The Powers That Be -- Topsy.com on January 11th, 2011 1:09 pm

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by News Watcher. News Watcher said: ‘Never Let a Crisis Go to Waste’: This is Not a Drill http://bit.ly/ekkHMi #tcot #p2 #news [...]

7. OK_Loyalist on January 11th, 2011 1:38 pm

Until we unite and use the power of the purse and boycott them and any manufacturer that advertises on a MSM outlet, we will have to put up with the same ol' chit from the them. People will bitch and moan all day along about the MSM and then come Saturday park their ass on sofa and tune in their favorite sports team on one of the MSM networks only to be reminded what chips and suds to buy.

8. SignPainterGuy on January 11th, 2011 1:42 pm

I think you`re right ! "We" would feel / see it as justified and an apt comparison / counter, the left would miss the point at best or view it as proof of the right`s violent nature !!

I`m NOT saying DON`T DO IT, just be prepared for the left to call it an attack !

Remember Rush said, "Correctly identify / describe a liberal, he will take it as an attack !" Be prepared !

Go for it ! I love Michael Ramirez` work; he has filled wonderfully the void left when Jeff McNelly quit the political cartoon world !

9. SignPainterGuy on January 11th, 2011 1:47 pm

One conservative criminal to another, can you imagine the size of the gooberment bailout necessary to pay for TARGET`s name and sign changes ??!! Wwow !!

10. nannykins on January 11th, 2011 2:40 pm

I am a huge sports fan but tune out the ads as soon as they start. Case in point, I have not given one penny to Sergento Cheese since their screed against Glenn Beck. I do pay attention to advertisers and who they support so I do my homework… but I won't miss a playoff game because of advertisers. And we are huge hockey fans – mostly college hockey – and those games are not on the regular networks. But I do agree – hit them in the pocket book AND let them know why you refuse to buy their products. BTW I let Sargento Cheese know my feelings and got a very rude, snotty replay from them so I double down my boycott of them.

11. nannykins on January 11th, 2011 2:44 pm

Isn't it wonderful to know that we are full fledged criminals now. I will wear that badge proudly as long as it comes from the MSM. They can kiss my a$$ when it comes to supporting their shows, products, etc. When I see their ratings and hear them whine about cut backs – I do smile and pat myself on the back for whatever I can do to hasten their demise.

I am sure the internet police will be looking into my background because I used the word demise and MSM in the same post. At least I didn't put them in my "crosshairs".

12. Nick on January 11th, 2011 2:46 pm

It is actually sad to read these comments. Innocent people were murdered by a madman, and all you people can do is play the same old self pity victim card you always do.

All you can do is hate your fellow Americans.

13. OK_Loyalist on January 11th, 2011 2:56 pm

Like you did with your TEA party crap in the Westbro Baptist Church thread yesterday.

Typical troll

14. Doug on January 11th, 2011 3:13 pm

"I'm going to falsely accuse you of murder and if you defend yourselves you're playing the victim card and dishonoring the dead!"

15. Ken in Texas on January 11th, 2011 3:19 pm

A columnist with World Net Daily asked the perfect question regarding the left wing attacks on Palin, etc. "What if the shooters name was Muhammed?"

16. Joyanna Adams on January 11th, 2011 3:43 pm

Okay, in the mist of all this…I have always wondered…and still do…

Where are all the psychologists? We have politicians, political pundits, financial experts, but where are the doctors who can explain, WHY there are real mental loners doing really dispicable things, and why they are NOT connected to anything anyone has said or done?

There are out there, but they keep them off our networks.

And maybe…the real answer is: that's on purpose.

It's the same reason they don't teach how to play the stock market in high school.

17. Rick on January 11th, 2011 4:15 pm

Nick,hopefully you are equally saddened by the vitriol spewed by the Malignant Marxist Media and many lefty loons for political purposes. Their lies will no longer go unanswered!

18. TheZooKeeper on January 11th, 2011 4:17 pm

Yes Nick, "Innocent people were murdered by a madman" and instead of focusing on that, libs want to blame, blame, blame. So don't be surprised when folks decide to defend themselves. Although, I don't think you are. You're just interested in getting attention and stirring the pot.

19. Doug on January 11th, 2011 4:23 pm

I've heard more than a couple of psychiatrists interviewed who said it's almost certain this guy is schizophrenic — but you don't read about that in the MSM because it doesn't fit their pre-drawn conclusions.

20. nannykins on January 11th, 2011 4:35 pm

Nick is quick to blame us for everything – just like his beloved Democrat Party. Nothing new. Do you suppose Nick is having a good ole time posting on the "Kill Sarah Palin" websites that have turned up in the last couple of days?"

And I'll bet Nick is just beaming with pride that one the left's favorite groups, Westboro Baptist Church (D) will be in attendance at the funerals for the victims.

There is a glimmer of hope though – it appears that a CBS poll put out this morning that 57% of voters are not buying the bull$hit theory being floated by Nick and friends in the media.

21. maladroit on January 11th, 2011 5:51 pm

Nick,
    Yesterday's careless tripe from Sheriff Dupnik hurt my feelings so badly that my hands were shaking.
    In fact, it was so bad, I could barely load all 15 of my 40-cal. rounds into my clip!
    That was some mean sh!t that sheriff threw at us "teabaggers"!

22. nannykins on January 11th, 2011 6:00 pm

I want everyone on this blog to go look up all the surveyors in their area. Check out their company logos. Under proposed legislation by the libs – 99% of surveyors would have to re-do their logos – because they use cross hairs in their logos. Cross hairs are used on many pieces of surveying equipment also – sooooo will they outlaw those surveying instruments to be politically correct because they have cross hairs in the level bubbles? Surveyors use targets with cross hairs on them to mark their surveying points – will these be outlawed too. Seems to me the libs are looking to add to the unemployment rolls of an already squeezed employment sector. Thanks Libs!!!

23. OK_Loyalist on January 11th, 2011 9:32 pm

I haven't watched anything on CBS since Dan Rather pulled his tirade with HW Bush on January 25, 1988. I don't care what is on, I can read about it later elsewhere. I will no longer buy anything General Electric if I can help it due to Immelt's butt sniffing of Obowmao through either their Green Energy scam or through their news bias of both MSLSD and NBC. Most people don't hold my convictions, so the MSM will keep marching us into communism.

24. OK_Loyalist on January 11th, 2011 10:50 pm

Remind me next year and I'll make sure you are stocked up on Troll Spray for Christmas

25. SignPainterGuy on January 11th, 2011 11:26 pm

I actually do have a can of Bull $h#t Repellent ! Sadly, it`s empty ! I keep it around to "show" offenders ! It gets laughs and more than a few "offended" looks !