At National Review’s The Corner, Kevin D. Williamson writes about how Moody’s and Standard & Poor are getting jittery at the possibility that the US will lose its AAA credit rating.

Williamson includes a stark reminder for politicians who are hell bent to borrow and spend and borrow and spend until the financial system severely falters:

Note to Washington: If you thought the Tea Party looked like an angry mob, wait until you see what happens when Social Security checks start bouncing.

Predicting what a politician who buggered the financial system until the government checks were no good may someday see outside his or her window is easy:

Meanwhile, TurboTax Tim keeps trying to turn that into a reality.

Comments

10 Responses to “The AAA Quote of the Day”

1. Dandapani on January 13th, 2011 7:09 pm

And they Pols better keep their dirty mitts off my IRA and 401K. I saved for my retirement.

2. nannykins on January 13th, 2011 7:41 pm

Oh how I wished I would have been given the opportunity to opt out of SS. Both hubby and I have prepared for retirement without SS but it sure would have been nice to add the amount to our private accounts instead of handing it over to the vultures who squandered it.

3. OK_Loyalist on January 13th, 2011 7:50 pm

The worse problem of the greatest Ponzi scheme the left crammed down the throats of the American, is that it's non-transferable to your heirs.

Have any of you seen the prices of EVERYTHING going up lately?

4. nannykins on January 13th, 2011 8:02 pm

You know it's funny you mention prices! I buy a couple bags of candy every other week for the candy jar at work. Even with a "sale" price because of Valentines Day I still paid $3.50 a bag. I guess it's time to ween the guys off of Reeses Peanut Butter Cups and start filling the jar with cheap hard candy.

5. G.Tanner on January 13th, 2011 8:06 pm

I'll second that thought nannykins. The govt has screwed many of us out of our savings for retirement.

6. G Tanner on January 13th, 2011 8:08 pm

yes, but ole Ben says it is not inflation.
    It sure feels strangely like inflation at the store.

7. Rick on January 13th, 2011 10:02 pm

Moody’s and S&P…aren’t they the scum whose “ratings” enabled Wall St. to cook the books and steal everything in sight?

No jail for you!!!

Boomers have financed phat retirements for several generations,promised that their turn would come.What say we dig up FDR and LBJ,asking them to ‘splain?

8. Doug on January 13th, 2011 10:57 pm

Moody's and S&P…aren't they the scum whose "ratings" enabled Wall St. to cook the books and steal everything in sight?

9. Doug on January 14th, 2011 12:46 am

Hey, guess what? I finally had a chance to dig through the guts of Intense Debate, and there were a LOT of comments in the SPAM folder, especially from a week or two ago when I thought the system was down. I'll have to make a mental note to check the SPAM folder a lot more often.

I checked all the regulars as "not spam" but I don't particularly trust that feature.

10. Clu Seatoe on January 14th, 2011 1:56 am

“Yep, and if they're panicking, that means we're beyond even book-cooking territory… meaning it's bad!”

…and meaning that that Jackson you’ve been holding on too from Mao’s inauguration day is now worth little more than a Lincoln. And by the time his four years are up, it won’t even be worth a Jefferson, maybe little more than a Washington.

With all possible respect to the above named individuals, except one who has shown himself deserving of impeachment for high crimes against the American economy.