Just what I need at a time like this: A lecture on how to raise my kids and to teach them the importance of “serving” and the “value of tolerance” for the views of others.

What’s the problem with that? Because it does nothing but reiterate the bogus claim and MSNBC talking point that the murders in Tucson were the result of political intolerance instead of a crime committed by somebody who should have been put in a mental hospital a long time ago.

Tolerance and respect for people with differing views is taught to my kids. Tolerance and respect for people who want to kill them, not so much.

Here’s the kicker:

We can explain to them that although we might not always agree with those who represent us, anyone who enters public life does so because they love their country and want to serve it.

I did a spit-take when I read that.

Sure, because everybody who loves the country wants to get elected in order to “fundamentally transform” America:

“I love it so much I want to change everything about it!”

My kids are raised to have respect for people, including those who hold political office, but I don’t think it’s good parental advice to ask me to lie to them.

Related story:

Relative heartache for the PDS and gun control crowd:

A minority of Americans believe the Arizona shooting last Saturday was because of heated political rhetoric, according to a poll released Friday.

The poll, conducted by the Quinnipiac University Polling Institute, found that just 15 percent of Americans believe the shooting was because of unusually angry and aggressive political rhetoric. Forty percent of the Americans poll believe the shooting was unavoidable and another 23 percent think it was due to an inadequate mental health system. The poll found a slim 9 percent think the shooting was because of lenient gun control laws.

Guess what 15 percent of the population Jared Loughner’s attorney is trying to get on the jury?

Comments

24 Responses to “Michelle Obama’s Open Letter to Parents”

1. SignPainterGuy on January 14th, 2011 4:51 pm

I think tolerance will be a whole lot more tolerable when Christian conservatives are not the ones expected to do all the tolerating !!

2. Mike S. on January 14th, 2011 5:27 pm

Her husband entered public life because he hated this country and wanted to change it into the socialist paradise he always imagined it should be. But hey, we should be tolerant of that…uh huh, whatever you say.

3. Jimbo on January 14th, 2011 5:40 pm

Plenty of people enter public life because they are selfish, self-seeking, publicity hogging tyrants who live to control other people and impose their will on others. What simpletons the first couple thinks we are.

4. SignPainterGuy on January 14th, 2011 8:10 pm

"What simpletons the first couple thinks we are."

Louis LaMoure (sp) said that Liars and Thieves believe and count on two things; They are too smart and slick to be caught and their victims are too dumb and inept to catch them ! (paraphrased)

I view the first couple as these Liars and Thieves !

5. SignPainterGuy on January 14th, 2011 9:10 pm

Doug, are other`s comments disappearing with the frequency of mine ? I`m starting to commence to begin to feel picked on ! If I were paranoid, it would really drive me nuts !

6. Nanny on January 14th, 2011 9:16 pm

That's all liberals know how to do is lecture. I am so sick of them TELLING me what is good for me, what not to eat, don't smoke, be nice, go green and on and on and on. Fug em all. Last time I looked this was a free country. I do not need, nor do I want Moochelle lecturing me on tolerance and how to discuss things with my children and grandchildren.

The libs have made it almost impossible to raise a normal child in this country!!! No spanking, time outs, no sugar, no vaccines, no more playgrounds because they might get hurt, the self esteem bull$hit, no fighting, and on and on and on. And then you have our liberal teachers telling kids to report their parents as abusers. Yeah I am going to follow Moochell's advice – right.

And they wonder why I am angry!!! And angry I will stay until they are all gone from office – via my right to vote!

7. OK_Loyalist on January 14th, 2011 9:56 pm

Great post. Direct to the point. Shall I say … Frank :D

8. SignPainterGuy on January 14th, 2011 10:46 pm

Thank you..

I posted the same thing at my local fishwrap w/s when our Appeaser-in-Chief was calling for tolerance concerning the Ground Zero Mosque, you would not believe the hateful responses I got !! I rarely post there anymore ! SF of the east coast !

9. Ken in Texas on January 15th, 2011 1:45 am

My wife and I raised three great sons, all adults now. I grew up with guns and have carried (legally) for many years. My sons grew up with guns and they all carry concealed (legally). Many years ago, for Christmas, I gave my wife a pearl-handled .25 caliber engraved semi-auto "purse" gun which she carried (legally) until MS stove her up. She doesn't need it anymore since she can't leave the house without me to help her, but by God I'll carry my .45 semi-auto 'til the day I die, for her protection as well as mine. Her first.
    This may explain why visitors from yankeeland go home exclaiming how polite Texans are to each other.

10. SignPainterGuy on January 15th, 2011 2:28 am

It`s really quite simple – an armed society is a polite society !

Once, while at Grattan Raceway near Grand Rapids, MI, we got a UPS delivery so the boss flipped open his 7" Tanto blade to open it . Half a dozen customers scattered like mice, the other half stepped over to check it out and showed off their own carry knives ….it was amazing ! I mean, they all paid their bills ! We showed our guns a bit more discretely !

11. Doug on January 15th, 2011 2:47 am

The bitch of it is that I don't know what's "disappearing" if I can't tell it was there in in the first place… it's strange. I think I'll change to a registered comment system and see if that works. Give me the weekend to look into it!

12. SignPainterGuy on January 15th, 2011 3:10 am

Zilla went to Discus….it works well and has the like, edit and delete features and will allow you to import other old comments – just a thought !

My lost comments are on my ID page, I could re-submit them – but that would look like I think I have something worth saying – ;-)

13. OK_Loyalist on January 15th, 2011 3:16 am

Wooo Hooo now you can throttle Nick ….LMFAO

14. SignPainterGuy on January 15th, 2011 3:24 am

Ditto, echo, and yeah, what you said ! :-)

It`s good to see that you realize the prez and his minions are itching for us to become violent so they can clamp down hard ! We MUST be as forceful as possible within legal and peaceful limits ! Give them NO advantages or excuses !

15. OK_Loyalist on January 15th, 2011 3:43 am

Wouldn't be the first time they manufactured an excuse … after all … no crisis yadi yadi yadi

16. Clu Seatoe on January 15th, 2011 3:57 am

Although I cannot in any way prove it I am absolutely positive that the mother of Mao’s children had little if anything to do with writing this so-called “open letter” purported to be from her.

She has her staff speech writers as does Mao and in the last two years I’ve seen nothing in her personal make up to indicate that she is capable of any level of emotional depth that can’t be scraped off with a fingernail.

I keep looking around the page for the text that reads, “I am [so-and-so] and I approved this message.”

17. SignPainterGuy on January 15th, 2011 4:42 am

It was revealed in the last few days that BO has a speech writer, a 20 yr old guy from Kennedy School of Gooberment no less ! MO has I think over 100 asst. this and thats – you know there`s a few speech writers in there somewhere !

18. Nanny on January 15th, 2011 10:14 am

Ken I can attest to the friendliness of Texans after my visit there a couple weeks ago. And my daughter is relieved that she can now carry (legally) in Texas after moving from the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia.

19. Ken in Texas on January 16th, 2011 1:54 am

I'm not real sure what a Tanto blade is, but I bet my Springfield Armory Model 1911A1 .45 semi-auto trumps it! Somebody opened a knife to use on a package and people "scattered like mice"? Whoa, buddy.
    By the way; if any of y'all would like info on the most effective carry weapons, ask me. For a start, NO 9 MM's need apply. Useless little pop-guns.

20. SignPainterGuy on January 16th, 2011 2:58 am

The Tanto blade is shaped like the tip end of a samurai sword – slightly curved upward w/ the final inch+ of the cutting edge turned upward to the tip at about a 45 degree angle. Almost "chisel-like". Actually pretty knives, they will cut long,deep and wide !

.45 cal. s/a have psychological stopping power simply by looking at the large bore ! Nothing toy-like about `em ! Mind-changers !

It always fascinated me how many m/c racer guys were ex, current and retired military and armed gov. agents – ALL w/ guns ! Most were 9 mm.

21. Ken in Texas on January 17th, 2011 1:37 am

I'm retired military myself, and I think the popularity of the 9mm stems from the "huggy-blankie" feeling of having up to 17 rounds in the magazine as opposed to the eight rounds in mine, including one in the pipe. If you need 17 rounds to stop somebody, you best spend more time at the shooting range or lock yourself in your house.

22. Ken in Texas on January 17th, 2011 1:42 am

Well, bless your daughter, Nanny! A lot of folks are fleeing Kalifornia for good reasons. Texas welcomes those refugees who are willing to assimilate, and your daughter sounds as if she fits the bill!

23. SignPainterGuy on January 17th, 2011 1:52 am

….or the "panic room" !

8 .45`s in the mag. and 1 in the chamber – does anyone make an extended (extra cap.) mag. for .45`s like for 9 mm`s ? Just curious – it would be bulky and un-wieldy at best ! Seems like "somebody" makes whatever anyone will pay for whether it makes good sense or not !

24. maryo on January 18th, 2011 11:57 pm

Violent video games, violent music, violent tv, violent movies. These things cannot possibly figure into the equasion. Before the explosion of violence in media, there was little violent action.