You mean Team Obama might have totally taken political advantage of the Tucson murders and rehashed one of their fellow traveler’s Marxist slogans to “honor” the fallen? Say it ain’t so:

The presence of tee-shirts branded with the tragedy of last weekend’s Arizona shootings raised the eyebrows of many onlookers who worried the shooting was being subjected to politicization. A group of Arizona students has taken credit for the tee-shirt design and motto, but many are suggesting the “Together We Thrive” motto actually came from Organizing for America, the campaign arm of the Democratic National Committee.

What a coincidence:

At least they didn’t make it too obvious and use “Yes We Can!”

Comments

47 Responses to “‘Branding a Tragedy’ Update: What a Coincidence”

1. MomsUnite on January 15th, 2011 3:08 pm

Yes we can….reduce the tragedy of 6 deaths to a bumper sticker/t-shirt slogan!

2. SignPainterGuy on January 15th, 2011 3:32 pm

The campaigning never ends !

3. OK_Loyalist on January 15th, 2011 4:03 pm

You got that right SPG … http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0111/47596.h

This right here makes my head spin …. http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2011/01/14/effo

"According to Udall's office, the following Senators have formally signed on to the bipartisan seating plan:

Democrats:

Shaheen Wyden Lieberman Begich Boxer McCaskill Ben Nelson Landrieu Reed Gillibrand Whitehouse Klobuchar (All Pro-Obamcare voters)

Republicans:

Murkowski McCain Snowe Collins Ayotte (Effin' Imagine That!!!)

As well as the following House Members:

Democrats:

Mike Michaud, Heath Shuler, Mike Ross, Jim Matheson, Chellie Pingree & Sanford Bishop

Republicans:

Though no House Republicans have formally signed on, Rep. Kevin McCarthy has said he supports the idea."

4. SignPainterGuy on January 15th, 2011 4:17 pm

As some of us said early on after it became obvious the manufactured hurry to pass the porkulus bill so money could be spent on stimulating the economy wasn`t what it was cracked up to be and wasn`t (and still isn`t ) being spent, MUCH of the money was probably stuck back for dem. party campaign slush funds ! It appears we were right !! How else could the DNC have announced with such confidence their plan for $1 Billion to be spent on Obozo`s reelection bid ??

As for the proposed "party line-blurring" seating arrangement, will we have the equivalent of parochial school sisters with rulers to smack the hands of "touchers" ?

5. Jimbo on January 15th, 2011 4:48 pm

Together we barf.

6. Clu Seatoe on January 15th, 2011 5:29 pm

While certain students trying to take credit for the t-shirt may seem like wanna be’s falling on their swords for Mao, it’s more like masochists poking themselves with thumbtacks with no sword in sight. It may have been students but I’m guessing the illegals and the unions were in there somewhere too.

All the while the parents lamenting, “…all that money to try to instill critical thinking capabilities and an individual awareness thought process and all our universities are producing are just the opposite — rodents — lemmings.”

I’m with Laura Ingraham on this one. This sort on thing does not happen without, not just full knowledge but full approval of Mao.

7. SignPainterGuy on January 15th, 2011 5:41 pm

Very expensively well-trained lemmings !!

< hey, the cliff is that way ! <<

I still say, the U of AZ campus was the wrong venue for what should have been a solemn and respectful memorial service !

8. SignPainterGuy on January 15th, 2011 6:26 pm

The political line-blurring seating arrangement might actually work for us if the conservatives , every time the prez. says something outrageous, will snort and chuckle in unison…..that way, it will look like the entire chamber is snorting and chuckling !! (idea brazenly stolen from commenter "dat60a3" at MM`s place, Doug`s "….seating…." post)

I personally could make do with a few "you lie`s", "your a socialist" and "hey, where`s the birth certificate?" !!

Of course, I live in the land where "Tea Party Dreams come true" !

9. OK_Loyalist on January 15th, 2011 7:04 pm

This was no memorial service, this was the kickoff to the Obowmao '12 campaign.

10. Marshall_Will on January 15th, 2011 7:11 pm

MomsUnite,

And in-nothing-FLAT! ( That's gotta' be just about a record huh? )

11. Marshall_Will on January 15th, 2011 7:17 pm

Clu,

"instill critical thinking capabilities and an individual thought process"

God you bust me up man. Huag! ( Tagalog for: Don't! ) I too am w/ Laura. While everyone else was bending over backwards she did what she was simply "speaking truth to power"! As she noted, one of her callers on the radio show said One-Word could have ended the folly: Please? Nuff' said.

12. Nanny on January 15th, 2011 7:18 pm

And after the speech the libs can stand up along side the Rinos and declare – Who you kiddin – on Nov 2nd – we won! Nah-nah-nah-nah.

13. Marshall_Will on January 15th, 2011 7:18 pm

OK,

Yeah, not feeling it.

I'm off to replace my 3-week-old computer all! ( Do wish me well? )

14. SignPainterGuy on January 15th, 2011 7:20 pm

Welcome home M_W, where ya been ?

15. Clu Seatoe on January 15th, 2011 7:24 pm

Regardless of what the media may say Mao does not “give speeches”, he “does readings” and he may not even know what he will say until it comes into POTUS view. Proof of this is the very obvious fact that he never does live news conferences or interviews without prior knowledge of the nerfball questions.

However, venues are fully within his purview and pay grade for approval. It was all planned and approved at the highest level.

16. OK_Loyalist on January 15th, 2011 7:24 pm

Wondered where you were … Good Luck !

17. Nanny on January 15th, 2011 7:27 pm

This whole memorial service, the rhetoric accusations, t-shirts, fairness doctrine etc. is the "silent" work of the MSM, hand in hand, with Zero's administration to put up another very weak republican candidate to run against Zero. Anyone who appears anywhere near conservative is going to get the Palin treatment from the get go. That is why they are crucifying Palin for this. They know she appeals to true conservatives – and are terrified of her. That is why they are trying to destroy her before she even starts. Anyone who walks, talks or mirrors her will be handily put under by the MSM.

When John McCain lite comes along – then the MSM will throw a few positive stories out there to get him to the convention. I would not put it past the MSM to give us a Mike Huckabee. We need and deserve better.

18. OK_Loyalist on January 15th, 2011 7:46 pm

Not that I am offended, but I voted for Huckabee in '08 primary and would do again today if it's down between McCain, Romney and Huckabee. Is he the ideal conservative? No. But IMO, he's better than McCain or Romney. And what Huckabee's dog leaves in his backyard is better than TheZero or Nick for that matter!

19. SignPainterGuy on January 15th, 2011 8:00 pm

YEP, the WLM (Westboro Liberal Media) did it before, they naturally believe they can do it again !!

I remember the WLM said, "We like McCain, he`s all 'mavericky', he reaches across the aisle !" Gag me with a shovel !

We may as well get ready for the left to give whoever we pick (as Rush puts it) the media anal exam and skewering !

20. SignPainterGuy on January 15th, 2011 8:04 pm

Three whole weeks ?? Can`t wait to hear the details !!
    GOOD LUCK !!
    Was the word "QUALITY" in the first or second line in the ad ?

21. OK_Loyalist on January 15th, 2011 8:05 pm
  22. SignPainterGuy on January 15th, 2011 8:28 pm

I was thinking more along the lines of an industrial reamer sans lube and definitely no kiss or "thank you" afterwards !!

23. OK_Loyalist on January 15th, 2011 8:31 pm

Sweet nothings in the ear ?

24. SignPainterGuy on January 15th, 2011 8:40 pm

ROTFL and I definitely CGU !! OUCH, yer killin` me !

Yeah, betwixt those three, Huck is "hands-down" the best !

25. SignPainterGuy on January 15th, 2011 8:47 pm

Nothing sweet !!

26. Nanny on January 15th, 2011 9:56 pm

I voted for Huckabee in the primary also but since that time I think he is somewhat of RINO. A turn the other cheek guy – which is his profession as a pastor – I just don't think he has the cajones to stand up to Zero and the WLM/MSM.

And we won't see a McCain or a Romney in the primary IMO. We are going to be handed a centrist candidate to "appeal" to RINOs and Independents. I am not encouraged at all by the tone coming out of DC since the AZ tragedy. Sounds like a lot of caving to me.

27. Nanny on January 15th, 2011 9:57 pm

Got that right!

28. Nanny on January 15th, 2011 10:03 pm

Anyone see the latest on the shooter? A drug store turned over pics that he had developed the day before the shootings and he is posing in a red G-string with the 9 mil gun he used. Add cross dressing perv to the list of liberal qualities he possessed so the MSM can blame us for being intolerant to his "disability". Gag, gag, gag.

29. Nanny on January 15th, 2011 10:06 pm

Doug – who the eff is messing with your website? Replies, comments, etc. I know you are probably busy shoveling snow but let us know when you get a chance what is happening.

30. SignPainterGuy on January 15th, 2011 10:25 pm

Mine disappear 3 and 4 a day, I could feel picked on ! Doug is trying to figure it out – may change some things. Frustrating ! I wish him luck !

31. OK_Loyalist on January 15th, 2011 11:13 pm

Cajones are hanging with Chris Christie the way I see it. He will biotch slap the ba jezzus out of the Bama :D

32. SignPainterGuy on January 15th, 2011 11:27 pm

What a revelatory day this has been ! Not only were the t-shirts given out at what should have been a quiet, respectful memorial service leftover campaign t-shirts (inappropriate) but the cheering and hollering was scripted as well – "APPLAUSE" was displayed on the jumbotron !

33. Doug on January 15th, 2011 11:37 pm

Are you guys seeing the "reply" links? It looks like when there are replies to initial comment subjects, it's putting them in separate threads that aren't apparent just by looking at the comments all at once (I'm checking to see if there's a way to have it not do that because it's not an easy way to peruse the comments.

I'm working on it!

34. Zilla on January 16th, 2011 12:03 am

Perfect!

35. Zilla on January 16th, 2011 12:05 am

I saw someone somewhere coin the term "funerally" to describe the spectacle. That sounds about right to me.

36. Zilla on January 16th, 2011 12:05 am

It never ends!

37. SignPainterGuy on January 16th, 2011 12:09 am

I lose some of each…..

Thanks for your efforts !

38. SignPainterGuy on January 16th, 2011 12:15 am

They`re seeing to it !

39. Zilla on January 16th, 2011 12:37 am

But wait, there's MORE! http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/2011/01/death
    ABC was filming for a televised town hall in Tuscon today, and one of the guys who crazy Jared shot that was all over the MSM blaming Palin made a very loud and public death threat to a local TEA party leader who had been asked to speak at the event.

40. Joyanna Adams on January 16th, 2011 12:55 am

The democrats have done this stuff for decades, used funerals to promote themselves.

None of us recall President Bush getting on the grandstand after Reagen died, and giving out tee-shirts. The Republicans so far, have not resorted to base self-promotiong…as what we witnessed at the Wellstone, or Carnahan…or Kennedy funerals…..God, remember the Kennedy funearl? They had the GRANDCHILDREN standing up and reciting Heath Care propaganda.

This memorial was carefully crafted to make Obama come out looking like a "healer"…of Gabby, of nations,…all the shots were planned, from Obama and Michelle holding their hands over thier hearts and SINGING the National Athem……and the speech, carefully crafted to make him seem like a saint, while all his minions were there to set the stage.

Good reporting there on that sign Mr. Powers. Most of us do not even go to Obama's site…

41. SignPainterGuy on January 16th, 2011 1:11 am

I saw that – they arrested his threatening, mouthy butt, too !

We`ll see in the morning when the show airs if ABC includes it ……it would rearrange the WLM`s narrative if they do !! Well, I`ll wait for the clips, you couldn`t pay me to watch ABC News !

42. Doug on January 16th, 2011 1:33 am

Thanks Joyanna!

43. Doug on January 16th, 2011 1:36 am

I wrote a while about about that over at MM's place. Here's a tidbit for you. I just got an email from a guy calling me a "fucking idiot" because I couldn't understand that the guy making the threat was probably suffering from post traumatic stress disorder.

I wrote him back and asked if one of the major symptoms of PTSD was making death threats to people who had NOTHING to do with the cause of your stress.

44. SignPainterGuy on January 16th, 2011 2:15 am

I have a friend who is paranoid-schizophrenic (fairly normal on his meds) ….a terrible and frightening mental disorder for all concerned….

Liberalism is a mental disorder, as is PTSD….

As much as we`d like to understand, as much as we may try to understand, we need to keep in mind one simple, sad truth….You can not rationalize the irrational !

45. SignPainterGuy on January 16th, 2011 2:39 am

I saw that at several sites……we really didn`t need MORE to demonstrate he`s loony ! But more we got !

46. OK_Loyalist on January 16th, 2011 3:14 am

I copied this as I thought it was perfect. Think from over at MM site.
    **************************************************************************
    On January 14th, 2011 at 12:06 am, Terry_Jim said:

I figured out that the reason Dems keep turning funerals and memorials into political events is that dead people exclusively vote for Democrats.
    **************************************************************************

47. SignPainterGuy on January 16th, 2011 3:36 am

True dat ! AND, they vote early and often !