Hawaii Governor Neil Abercrombie has committed himself to producing more evidence that Barack Obama was born in Hawaii to shut up the “birthers” once and for all.

However, his interview with the Star-Advertiser will probably do more to keep the birther-buzz alive than anything:

Q: You stirred up quite a controversy with your comments regarding birthers and your plans to release more information regarding President Barack Obama’s birth certificate. How is that coming?

A: I got a letter from someone the other day who was genuinely concerned about it; it is not all just political agenda. They were talking on Olelo last night about this; it has a political implication for 2012 that we simply cannot have.

(Abercrombie said there is a recording of the birth in the State Archives and he wants to use that.)

It was actually written I am told, this is what our investigation is showing, it actually exists in the archives, written down …

…What I can do, and all I have ever said, is that I am going to see to it as governor that I can verify to anyone who is honest about it that this is the case.

Hopefully this definitive statement will put the issue to rest once and for all, but unfortunately there will still be crazy wingnuts demanding to see the original document.

Comments

24 Responses to “There, That Ought to Shut Those Birthers Up!”

1. Zilla on January 19th, 2011 12:42 pm

How long until the left starts proclaiming that this ardent Obamazombie is actually a right wing plant?

2. Zilla on January 19th, 2011 12:47 pm

One more thing…
    When I was getting married, I discovered that I had misplaced my birth certificate and needed to obtain a new copy. I was told to go to the City Hall in the place of my birth to ask for a new one. So I did, and it cost five bucks and took less than ten minutes to obtain an official copy of my original legal BC which I needed to get my marriage license.
    Doesn't anyone have five bucks that Barry could use at the Honolulu city hall?
    Does he have a US driver's license or passport? Because you need your real BC for those – unless you're a criminal alien invader of course.

3. Marshall_Will on January 19th, 2011 12:59 pm

Zilla,

More insulting still ( and excellent point btw ) is that our eldest daughter was born at "Jungle General" ( the navy hospital in the Philippines ) and when renewing her Oregon Driver's License she was told the BC they issued was "insufficient proof" she was a US Citizen!

She was ( appropriately ) miffed, disgusted, ashamed, put out, you name it! What a gross oversight on the part of our gub'mint. Any 'idea' how many children where born in Clark Air Base and Subic Naval Station over the years!? ( She never had a 'problem' w/ this in the past? )

Maybe she should have told them she was born in Hawaii to an Indonesian father..? Mother…

4. OK_Loyalist on January 19th, 2011 1:46 pm

I believe he has a few passports, a few from muslin countries, you know, like Bush ;)

5. SignPainterGuy on January 19th, 2011 1:51 pm

I`m watching the clock – it shouldn`t be long now !

With "helpful" friends like this, who needs enemies ?!

6. SignPainterGuy on January 19th, 2011 1:53 pm

He keeps his passports hidden as well !

7. Marshall_Will on January 19th, 2011 2:03 pm

Here's what concerns me about Abercrombie and his P' BO-genda:

"A: I got a letter the other day from someone that was genuinely concerned about it; it is not all political agenda"

Well… all of us -here- write LOTS of letters to elected officials, attend Townhalls and sign petitions ( blog! ) etc. Seldom if EVER do we get anything more than a Form Letter 'response'!

Yet when it concerns defending the Left's agenda ( and yes hippie surfer-dude, this is ALL about pol. agenda ) all of a sudden it gets fast tracked like some vet's widow stopped getting her pension checks and they're ready to take her off oxygen!

Sheesh. Here in Oregon, if you call your 'representative' ( as a Republican ) they'll ask you "Why are you calling 'here'!?" ( and then LAUGH at you! )

8. Joyanna Adams on January 19th, 2011 3:27 pm

Obama was not born…he was hatched.

9. SignPainterGuy on January 19th, 2011 3:41 pm

Are you sure ?!

I heard he was found on a stump !

Also heard, two boxcars bumped together and he fell out of a hobo !

I`m just the messenger !

10. Marshall_Will on January 19th, 2011 4:12 pm

Joyanna!

Hope you are doing well. Right, from a Media perspective, absolutely! Being the paranoid conservative I am ( and literally thousands of potential candidates from which to vett ) why in God's Creation would I opt for someone w/ such a murky background?

Like are you kidding me? Be glad you're a senator kid, and leave it at that. In fact, if 'I' were you ( I do my best not to draw attention to myself )

But that wasn't The Plan. For ppl like Ayers etc., this was everything they'd been waiting for! A gift from… well a gift from wherever atheists think 'gifts' come from? All just sitting there like a well-laid TRAP waiting to be sprung!

Economic chaos? Check! Disgruntled populace? Check! Unpopular ( and expensive ) War? Check! So, in their minds, the murkier this individual's waters.., evidently the better! If Christians can't [definitively] explain the origins of 'their' Messiah ( than neither can 'we'! ) He's just that good! Oy vey.

11. Nick on January 19th, 2011 4:24 pm

Once again, high brow discourse about the important issues facing our country! Way to go right wing nut jobs!

12. Pasadena Phil on January 19th, 2011 4:44 pm

Forget about the original birth certificate, he can't even locate a valid COLB. And as if that isn't bad enough, Hawaii still refuses to certify the COLB posted by SNOPES.

I think we should apply the standard rule of common sense here: people only hide evidence that proves their case.

13. Marshall_Will on January 19th, 2011 4:56 pm

"people only hide evidence that proves their case" LOL

Well! ( 'I' certainly do? )

"important issues facing our country"

Nick, I realize asking you to become a regular reader of http://www.michellemalkin.com is somewhat akin to asking a bear to use a toilet but… "had you" you'd be in the loop as to how many of those "important issues" are the direct result of 'engineering'.

Primarily financial… engineering as is the pathetic state of our school districts, local and state gov's that -intentionally- corkscrew their budgets into the ground in order to qualify for bailout $'s etc.

I… believe Doug has already laid this issue to rest ( it's only HI's Gov. that continues to make issue of this ) All we're saying is ( just as is the case w/ engineered implosions ) the adult thing to do here is to deal with them BEFORE they become a ticking timebomb! Make sense?

14. OK_Loyalist on January 19th, 2011 5:11 pm

Usurping the constitution in rather important you communist corksucker!

15. housemom1952 on January 19th, 2011 5:19 pm

He was found under a rock guarded by two rattlesnakes…prove I'm wrong!

16. ollie on January 19th, 2011 5:53 pm

If Obama "has nothing to hide", then why is he hiding his birth certificate? And his college transcripts and his Law Review history and……??

17. ollie on January 19th, 2011 5:56 pm

Why let a little thing like the U.S. Constitution get in the way of Dear Leader. Is that what you are saying Nicki?

18. Marshall_Will on January 19th, 2011 6:11 pm

"And his…?"

Those to me are of equal or greater concern. The documents create a whole picture, a whole person.

Full Disclosure here!: When I was in HS, I punched out the vice principal! Yep, things between he and I had been coming to a head for oh… about four years and I finally had it. In retrospect ( I kind of think he wanted me to do it )

Anyways… ever SINCE then I make DAMN sure that Misdemeanor is on EVERY 'form' or questionaire I've ever filled out! The NASD.., the Military, you name it! I 'did' it. Plain and Simple. ( To be honest.., it made me something of a local 'hero' and I can't tell you how many ppl over the years outright TOLD me they 'wish' they had the brass to do it! )

Has it held me back? Absolutely. Folk heros pay a price. Comes w/ the turf. I was once considered for a Security position at Camp David. Duty doesn't get any easier than that for the Navy. I made it thru the final interview and was eliminated BECAUSE of it on the final cut. Sometimes life sucks. I dealt with it. Someone ELSE needs to step up here.

19. bandit2010 on January 19th, 2011 7:07 pm

But that's not possible – I mean he's like God and he said so – this isn't possible – my head's exploding!

20. jojo on January 19th, 2011 7:32 pm

If a long form BC existed, Abercrombie would have produced it already. It takes 10 minutes to get a copy from the DOH. But, it has to exist to print it out. Tim Adams couldn't find it either.

21. MarkJ on January 19th, 2011 8:06 pm

I know where Obama's real birth certificate is now: it's been tossed into the fires of Mount Doom from whence it came. ;)

22. Cold Fury » The last word on Ogabe’s birth certificate on January 20th, 2011 1:35 pm

[...] got ahold of the original. Any further questions? Comments (0) Trackbacks (0) Leave a comment Trackback [...]

23. archer52 on January 21st, 2011 1:56 pm

Abercrombie went in thinking this was easy-peasy. Really, who doesn't have a BC on file…somewhere? However, it seems there is an issue an now he's stuck. He'll hope it will go away with his statement, but Doug's right, it will fuel the fire of birthers.

Honestly, as a realist I know it doesn't matter. The guy was elected, it is over. You try to unseat him now you'll have race riots like you have never seen before, led by anarchists and the far left. We've lost control of our government. The real fight is still on the horizon as America begins to realize that this "strawman" President was fronting for people robbing our treasury blind and may have set in place the permanent crippling of our nation.

After that, who really cares what country he popped out in?

24. Ferris on January 31st, 2011 6:52 pm

Why does't obama show the BC that fell out of hid dads book, if hawaii cannot produce one??