It’s that time of year again when all sorts of companies who are sure their ad won’t be accepted to run during the Super Bowl try to do so anyway for the free publicity it gets — and this one’s no different.

Fox’s “Standards and Practices” department rejected this ad for the “Jesus Hates Obama” t-shirt & hat company.

That’s not the surprising part. What’s really shocking is that the network that airs Family Guy has a “standards and practices” department:

Proof-positive that the era of Hope & Change is over. A couple of years ago even an Obama bobblehead would have been able to walk on that water.

Comments

7 Responses to “Rejected Super Bowl Ads Part XXII: Jesus Hates Obama”

1. Marshall_Will on January 21st, 2011 5:11 pm

LOL!

Can't speak for P' BO but I will -definitely- be in attendance at Church this Sunday! ( Wouldn't want the Big Guy sending me to "sleep with the fishes" now would I? )

I've never had much use for goldfish but Doug.., you've inspired me. In fact! I want everyone to run out and get a glass bowl, fill it w/ water ( to symbolize the National DEBT! ) and then immerse your collectible P' BO bobblehead at the very bottom!

I'm getting a jolly treasure chest w/ TARP in gold-lettering. Maybe yours can sport a Hawaiian shirt and sandals?

2. SignPainterGuy on January 21st, 2011 9:30 pm

What a time to have my house cat-proofed ! Sounds like you have this all planned out !?

M_W, please tell me you DON`T actually have a P`BO bobblehead in your home !!

3. Marshall_Will on January 21st, 2011 10:33 pm

SPG,

It may be a bold move, but as Doug notes, unimaginable just two years ago, Hopey/Changey done done. I don't have a [single] client that will own up to having voted for P' BO ( cobbled that from one of M's posters, liked it so much ) so the HELL with 'em!

This may be the only way to cull the herd? Oh… you -didn't- vote for P' BO? Well, then you shouldn't find this 'offensive' in the SLIGHTEST! AFAIK, I'm the only office in our town of 10,000 that has an American flag in the window. That alone is telling enough.

After the midterms I guess we can say "For the first time in my life, I'm proud to say I'm an American!" Lol…

4. Joe Redfield on January 21st, 2011 11:10 pm

Does Jesus look a lot like Errol Flynn, or am I just getting old?

5. SignPainterGuy on January 21st, 2011 11:20 pm

Yes, he does bare an uncanny resemblance !

As to getting old, ssshhhh, it`s not the years, it`s the mileage !

6. SignPainterGuy on January 21st, 2011 11:59 pm

Yep, fewer and fewer admit to voting for Odoofus, and I`m seeing fewer O/B stickers, too ! Fewer libs here want to engage in debate, I`m cool w/ that !

Atta boy, display those colors ! Ask others why they don`t !?

For me, the last two years have been the only time I`ve come close to having to force personal national pride ! I`m ashamed of this admin. and much of our gov. , nat`l and states !

OT, since you`re a Navy guy you might be interested in this stat I just heard on Modern Marvels. "Super Ships"… By overall tonnage, the USN is the largest in the world, larger than the next 17 navies combined ! Wow !

7. Tweets that mention Rejected Super Bowl Ads Part XXII: Jesus Hates Obama : The Powers That Be -- Topsy.com on January 24th, 2011 8:44 am

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by America's Mexican, Doug Powers. Doug Powers said: Rejected Super Bowl Ads Part XXII: Jesus Hates Obama http://tinyurl.com/4vmgdo2 [...]