Last night I wrote a little about the left-wing drama queen blowhard Keith Olbermann leaving MSNBC. Frankly I was fairly indifferent about it, because the only time I watch MSNBC is when I need a reminder that I’m still sane, but hey, it’s also kind of my job to pay attention to what’s going on.

The cable news watching left went freaky-deaky over Olbermann’s apparent ouster, and they seemed to mostly blame Comcast’s merger with NBC for the move. “Another monster corporation that cares about nothing but the almighty dollar will move MSNBC to the right” and all that.

Really?

Comcast — isnt’ that the same company that launched the “All Obama All the Time” channel?

And isn’t Comcast the company with the CEO who has financially supported liberal/left politicians like Harry Reid, Chris Coons, Blanche Lincoln, Charles Schumer, Sander Levin, John Lewis, Hillary Clinton, John Kerry and many more?

If MSNBC moves more to the center, it probably won’t have a lot to do with Comcast’s politics. Moving to the center or more to the right would be a business decision in order to compete with Fox News — and if this had been a pure business decision, those in control of MSNBC wouldn’t have started by getting rid of the guy who had the highest ratings in their primetime lineup. Getting rid of the higher rated Olbermann but keeping Schultz and Maddow, who on some nights make Olbermann look like Barry Goldwater, doesn’t seem like something a prudent television exec would do (unless Olbermann was demanding more money).

I’m using Occam’s Razor to shave the facts on this one: The explanation that’s the easiest to believe is that Olbermann was crap-canned because he’s an incorrigible asshole and simply isn’t worth the headache anymore. That could have something to do with the incoming management and/or fresh salary demands, but so far there’s not enough there to convince me that this was motivated by a coming shift in the political direction of the network.

In either case, I’m no more or less likely to turn on MSNBC next week than before.

Here’s a funny tidbit: In November Glenn Beck predicted that Comcast’s involvement with MSNBC would mean no more Olbermann, and Olbermann mocked the prediction.

Now, just for old time’s sake, here’s a good SNL parody of Olbermann. At least I think it’s a parody — with Olbermann sometimes it’s hard to tell:

Comments

18 Responses to “Comcast Moving MSNBC to the Center?”

1. Tweets that mention Comcast Moving MSNBC to the Center? : The Powers That Be -- Topsy.com on January 22nd, 2011 6:35 pm

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Dee, News Watcher. News Watcher said: Comcast Moving MSNBC to the Center? http://bit.ly/dZsbg7 #tcot #p2 #news [...]

2. SignPainterGuy on January 22nd, 2011 8:07 pm

I read last night (Somewhere) that Olbie was sh*% canned now, before the new boss transition, so the firing would not be under the new bosses reign, or something ! I guess the old boss was thinking the way-far-loony-lefties shouldn`t hate the new boss right off the bat, or something !

As for why, Doug`s opinion that Oralmann is "an incorrigible a$$h@le" works quite well for me too ! And since I never watch MessyNBC anyway, and there are no signs of an improved and acceptable lineup anytime in the future, I plan not to watch at all even more !!?

BTW, the vid. wouldn`t play for me, I tried but it didn`t try hard enough, so, did I really miss anything !

3. Marshall_Will on January 22nd, 2011 8:25 pm

"I know yer' momma was a left-wing drama queen!

( and all Keith's boyfriends were sweet sixteen… )

I'm no schoolboy but I know what I LIKE!

( Hear him whip Keith Olby -just- around midnight )

Whoo….! Canned Sugar

How come ya' taste so good!?

Whoo….! Canned Sugar

( Just like a jock-sniffer should! )

4. SignPainterGuy on January 22nd, 2011 8:28 pm

Is THAT what I missed on the vid. ?

5. Dale on January 22nd, 2011 8:31 pm

If Pravda is still in business Olbermann still has a shot at employment.

6. SignPainterGuy on January 22nd, 2011 8:35 pm

Hmmm, if the NYSlimes doesn`t yet, I guess they could start an online video deal….I never heard of Olberdork "writing" anything !

7. OK_Loyalist on January 22nd, 2011 8:44 pm

ROFLMAO Good one MW

I bet your mama was a tent show queen
    And all her boyfriends were sweet sixteen
    I'm no schoolboy but I know what I like
    You shoulda heard me just around midnight

Brown sugar how come you taste so good, baby?
    Ah, brown sugar just like a young girl should, yeah

I said yeah, yeah, yeah, woo
    How come you…how come you taste so good?
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, woo
    Just like a…just like a black girl should
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, woo

8. Marshall_Will on January 22nd, 2011 9:00 pm

OK_Loyalist,

Well DOUG 'started' it..?

Doesn't this show how disconnected this doofus was from reality? I mean even the shoeshine boys and cab drivers knew it was all over but the crying!

You don't "smooth over" meltdowns of that magnitude. Notice how they ( as is typical w/ the Left ) slipped this in over the weekend. Maybe Olby can start a 'Blog'?

Oh, wait, that actually requires brains beyond being able to r-e-a-d off a teleprompter? We should get in touch w/ the guy that ran Olberman Watch and bring that traffic over HERE!

You know guys/gals are always… welcome in the PTB Zone! ( Might even have a few Lions fans in there? )

9. Comcast Moving MSNBC to the Center? : The Powers That Be | The Daily Conservative on January 22nd, 2011 10:16 pm

[...] more: Comcast Moving MSNBC to the Center? : The Powers That Be Share and [...]

10. Joe Redfield on January 22nd, 2011 11:59 pm

I keep hearing that KO had the 'highest ratings at MSNBC'; isn't this like having the highest IQ in Congress?

11. SignPainterGuy on January 23rd, 2011 1:50 am

When the best they had to offer was lower than snail slime, it`doesn`t make much sense to brag about it !!

12. Nanny on January 23rd, 2011 11:12 am

We dumped Comcast a couple years ago and went with DISH. Best move we ever made. Comcast historically has very bad customer ratings and I don't see that changing with the purchase of NBC. And – I thought the president had it in for big bad corporations who keep on getting bigger yet his new economic buddy is Imelt?

13. SignPainterGuy on January 23rd, 2011 1:17 pm

How do you spell H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E ??

Doesn`t this move count as "crony state-capitalism" ?

Just curious, Nanny….w/ sat. tv, don`t you then have to have dsl or cable or wireless internet ser. ? Has dsl improved speed and quality lately ? My buddy has dish (loves it except in snow – cable provider crappy in his remote location) and dsl (hates it – slow). I`m all-cable and like it fine ..

14. joyannaadams on January 23rd, 2011 5:04 pm

Hey, forget Olbermann….he is like the annoying roach on your bathroom floor that you can't ever catch…..he'll be back.
    Who knew that Ben Affleck could actaully ACT? I've never seen him do that in his movies.

It's a wonder to behold! Somebody send him some canned sugar.

15. Nanny on January 23rd, 2011 7:04 pm

Yeah we are still stuck in Comcast internet because there is no other choice BUT we are not giving them $129/mo. on the basic package they offer 1st time users for $69/mo for six months. Complete rip off!!! And their service SUCKS!!! Hubby needs internet access during winter because of hockey job but other than than we are not home enough to warrant giving them any money as far as I am concerned. I HATE Commiecast!!! We are looking into the Verizon cards and if it costs the same as Commiecast – I don't care – as long as I get to dump them completely!!!

16. SignPainterGuy on January 23rd, 2011 7:59 pm

Weasel Zippers has a photoshopped spoof pic of Olbie in FOXNews janitor coveralls. Perhaps not too great a challenge for his skill set. Heh…

Weeklyworldnews has a story up saying FOXNews has hired him for Greta`s 10:00 pm spot…written like it`s real ! Some of the commenters aren`t buying it ! I`ll watch with one eye tomorrow night to see for sure ! If it IS real, FOX has gone further than necessary to show they`re "Fair and Balanced", IMO !

17. SignPainterGuy on January 23rd, 2011 8:09 pm

I`m not sure of the cost w/ the card, but I`m a Verizon fan ! They`ve earned my appreciation !

18. SignPainterGuy on January 24th, 2011 12:28 pm

The weeklyworldnews article cited Bill O`Reilly and Glenn Beck as being "less than pleased" by FOX`s move to hire Olbie – again, the author wrote the story as fact !

I`m listening to Glenn `s radio show now, he led the show with his predictions that MessyNBC would fire Olbie and Olbie`s reaction to those predictions – forgive me if I`m wrong, but wouldn`t Glenn have mentioned Olbie coming to FOX if the story were true ?! Even as a "janitor" ?!

There was no mention on the last hour of F&F either ! Whew, I can relax now !