And after Rahmbo had to fly his whole family in from where they live in Washington DC in order to testify that they live in Chicago and everything. I mean, what more proof of residency did they need?

The Chicago machine will probably find a way to get a higher court to fix this problem (an appeal is in the works as we speak), but for now Emanuel might want to call Obama and see if he can have his old Chief of Staff job back:

CHICAGO (CBS) – The Illinois Appellate Court has tossed mayoral frontrunner Rahm Emanuel off the ballot, reversing the decision of a lower court.

The Appellate Court reached a 2-1 decision to remove Emanuel.

Appellate judges Thomas Hoffman and Shelvin Louise Marie Hall ruled against Emanuel. Justice Bertina Lampkin voted in favor of keeping President Obama’s former chief of staff on the Feb. 22 ballot.

“It’s a surprise,” said Kevin Forde, the attorney who argued on Emanuel’s behalf.
[...]
A recent poll showed Emanuel leading the pack of mayoral candidates with 44 percent support, compared with 21 percent for Carol Moseley Braun, 16 percent for Gery Chico, 7 percent for Miguel del Valle, and 9 percent are undecided.

The judges voted against Emanuel two to one — and I’m guessing the judge who voted for him died in 1965.

Do you think it’s too late for Rahm to get back the $150,000 he spent on an ad in the Bears game yesterday? For that matter, is it too late for the Bears to get the game back?

The real question is this: Will David Geffen, Steven Spielberg and Steve Jobs get their money back?

(h/t Michelle M.)

Comments

17 Responses to “Court Kicks Rahm Emanuel Off Chicago Mayoral Ballot”

1. Marshall_Will on January 24th, 2011 5:45 pm

It's the flaunting of the Law that drives me insane here, as it should Windy City voters? Clearly Rahm-dom understood they were flirting w/ the envelope of legality.

Small matter! There's nothing here that "won't fix" and he'll be back in the saddle in NO time. Must be paranoia run amok in the WH right now. With Hope & Change on-the-skids & in-the-gutter P' BO needs all the reassurances he can get those (55?) Electoral Votes are one less thing he won't have to worry qbout being delivered on a silver platter.

Why not just make Him "King Of The City" fo' life yo' and call it good? He'll work around this, no doubt in my mind.

2. SignPainterGuy on January 24th, 2011 7:26 pm

"Flirting w/ the envelope of legality"……and "reality" ! Ain`t nothin` but a thang !

3. SignPainterGuy on January 24th, 2011 7:42 pm

I`m sure the fix is on the way in ! Ain`t nothin` new, except the size of the publicity !

It might be a wise move for the two Appellate Judges to beef up their security details and have the maidstaff tuck those bedsheets in extra tight – don`t want to leave room to slip in any "horse head messages", don`t ya know !?

Afterall, money has been paid, the fix was supposed to be in ! And speaking of money, Doug, don`t forget to add The Donald to your list of fundraisers !

I missed Rahm`s wasted tv ad yesterday,,,,oh well, that just makes him the only kind of "good progressive, a failed progressive !" Aaah, ha, ha, ha, haaaaah !

4. Rick on January 24th, 2011 9:00 pm

If Rahmby will just quickly add “Kennedy” or”Clinton”to his name,he can run for anything,anywhere,anytime and no questions.

5. Marshall_Will on January 24th, 2011 9:11 pm

Rick,

I was thinking the same. Oh well, "the heart wants what the heart wants!" huh?

Interestingly enough, one of Hot Air's poster "Queen of Cups" pointed out that he can steam roll his way thru the court decision BUT… he'll be then eating some of his OWN cooking!

Chicago has had a rep. for being tough on firefighters, cops, teachers etc. making sure THEY live up to residency req. and, some have been let go as a result of it!

Now he's going to "parachute in" and run the whole show? Hmm… For years we've had to endure hearing about "how dumb Bush is!" ( but somehow he was able to pull off 9/11 as the ultimate inside job ) Yet at the same time all we keep hearing is how 'smart' the Dem's are but all I see is operatives that don't think past the next square on the Monopoly Board? Go figure.

All I can say is if 'I' got fired for living outside city limits…, I'd be calling an atty. Bettah buh'lee dat'.

6. SignPainterGuy on January 24th, 2011 9:33 pm

Doug, I`m lovin` the laugh track you included at MM`s place about Gronholm going to UCBurkley to teach JOB CREATION ! Played right off, ea. time you cued and twice more for good effect ! Great idea !

It`amazing how much better BS and lunacy goes down when well seasoned with laughter ! Thanks !

BTW, no I haven`t read the comments yet; I wanted to eat supper before OK tells another gag enducing, appetite ruining Barney Frank joke !

7. Clu Seatoe on January 24th, 2011 10:36 pm

Rahm:
    Mao, can you help me? Remember the lies I created to keep all the good crises’ from going to waste for you?

Mao, to himself:
    Another crisis? I wasn’t expecting this. I should be out of the country on vacation right now.

8. OK_Loyalist on January 24th, 2011 11:23 pm

Like Bawrney Fwrank and a midget …

9. SignPainterGuy on January 25th, 2011 12:02 am

Too late, I`ve had supper !

10. TheZooKeeper on January 25th, 2011 12:46 am

Wasn't "Home Alone" filmed in Chicago? I can see a remake starring little Rahmy E.:

After hearing a radio report about the appellate decision, we see him slapping his face in horror as he stares in the mirror. We then see him scrambling about the house with a towel around his waist, frantically trying to get his family in D.C. back to the empty Chicago house.

11. OK_Loyalist on January 25th, 2011 1:01 am

In that case, Nick, Bawrney & a midget …

12. SignPainterGuy on January 25th, 2011 1:12 am

I understand Nick and Barney just fine; is this midget named Herbert ?

13. OK_Loyalist on January 25th, 2011 2:17 am

Silly you, none of Nick's midgets have names.

14. Jim T. on January 25th, 2011 6:05 am

Proof of residency??!?

What next?? Is this court going to require a birth certificate from him or something?

15. Dale on January 25th, 2011 6:52 am

This so sad for Rahm. After he spent all his time getting everyone in all Chicago cemetaries registered to vote.

16. surya on January 25th, 2011 8:51 am

Like Bawrney Fwrank and a midget …

17. SignPainterGuy on January 25th, 2011 11:43 am

I really thought one was named Herbert……."The Hoover" !