Tomorrow night is the State of the Union speech, and from everything I’ve read, the president will hammer on two counterproductive issues: Private sector job creation and the need for more massive government spending programs.

What’s the definition of “insanity”?

But the real question is: Will the Communist Party USA like this year’s speech as much as they liked last year’s? We’ll see.

Meanwhile, members of Congress continue to seek out dates for the big SOTU prom night tomorrow. This is embarrassing, even for Congress.

My favorite bipartisan pairing: King Weiner. Coincidentally, that also used to be Bill Clinton’s Secret Service code name.

Update: Whenever you need a laugh, you can always count on the New York Times:

Comments

25 Responses to “State of the Union Speech Preview”

1. SignPainterGuy on January 24th, 2011 12:53 pm

Somehow, everything I ever heard about Peter King made me think he was just another lib. dem. until recently, when he actually behaved the way we wish our reps would (and I saw the "R" by his name) . Let`s just say, I`m not ready to trust him with my house key and feeding my cat while I`m away for a week !

Weiner is a weaner; `nuff said !

They make a good pair, can`t wait for the prom pics ! Will there be dancing ? Will King lead ?

The CPUSA will be pleased with the SOTU speech loooooong before I will ! Obumble couldn`t create real job growth with a magic wand !

2. OK_Loyalist on January 24th, 2011 2:11 pm

Bawrney Fwrank offered to push everyone's stool in afterwards.

3. Doug on January 24th, 2011 2:27 pm

Thanks… I didn't want to eat lunch anyway!

Actually Barney's name has been conspicuously absent from the "dating" list.

4. SignPainterGuy on January 24th, 2011 2:35 pm

Oh, you guys are slayin` me !!

5. TheZooKeeper on January 24th, 2011 2:37 pm

Meanwhile, Joe Wilson warms-up his pipes in front of a mirror like Pavarotti.

6. Clu Seatoe on January 24th, 2011 2:41 pm

Whoever it was who came up with this idea, you can bet it was on the left because it fits right in with socialist mandate. It’s designed to quench any spark of individuality and to stifle the urge to grunt or moan in disapproval. If a Conservative has an idea pop into their head they will be less likely to make a note with the enemy lurking over one or both of their shoulders and thereby the probability is being stifled.

The Socialist says keep the enemy separated from each other so no plans can be hatched. So peer pressure of those around them will move them with the crowd. It’s not likely that there will be much of an urge to applaud from the Conservatives but if they’re susceptible in the least to the pressure they will follow with the applauding and it will be seen on camera for the left to propagate and say this or that Conservative agrees.

The Conservatives are in ‘peace at any cost’ mode in following this request and it makes them look weak and unsure of themselves.

7. nannykins on January 24th, 2011 2:49 pm

Thanks OK – we needed that visual!!!

8. Marshall_Will on January 24th, 2011 2:56 pm

My point was that, MID ( mortgage int. deduction ) was every bit the 3rd rail SS was. Touch it and you're dead! Homes in the Dem strongholds ( east & west coasts ) are typically way, WAY more expensive.

They in turn were able to write that off against their Federal return ( along w/ some hefty property taxes! ) and this left the well-connected Left w/ plenty for Thurston Heinz The 3rd and Lovey to throw at pet causes. Like the new "Performing Arts Center"! ( Which oh btw, they greased some municipal bond offering that you're on the HOOK for too! )

I find it incredible they're even considering it? Truth is, had we addressed this up-front ( there'd have never been a housing bubble to begin with! )

9. OK_Loyalist on January 24th, 2011 3:09 pm

Sorry Nanny, it's the Rahm in me. Never let a really bad sick joke go to waste!

10. SignPainterGuy on January 24th, 2011 3:21 pm

Doug, I`m assuming you will bite the bullet, take one for the team and chug a jug of Pepto tomorrow night and watch / listen to the SOTU PROM !!? Should you choose again to "post on the fly", we`ll all understand ! Even a great conservative humorist blogger such as yourself needs a "shot of courage" on occasion !! Cheers, mate !

11. Doug on January 24th, 2011 3:39 pm

I plan to offer my particular brand of mockery either here or at Michelle's site… not sure which yet. But either way I'll definitely have something posted here for those of you who want to stop by and comment about which "seat buddies" the cameras catch copping a feel on their dates.

12. Marshall_Will on January 24th, 2011 3:40 pm

Clu,

Oh you mean the "Oregon Plan". We've been effectively silenced here since the early 80's. In fact you're more likely to see to Sasquatch side-by-side than two Republicans?

Oh and Doug, what's the dealio in Detroit? Am I reading that correctly? Guy walks into police STATION and shoots 4 officers? What is going ON there and how long will it take before the Left pins this on the TP?

For a goof, stop by Hot Air and read some of the "But we love… you Olby..!" tweets. Bernie Goldberg was right, slobbering indeed. We don't talk enough about Bernie around here? Great guy, reminds me of my Godfather, to the 't'.

13. TheZooKeeper on January 24th, 2011 5:14 pm

With this year's hand-holding, if a camera singles him out, he can just point a finger at the Dem sitting next to him.

14. Marshall_Will on January 24th, 2011 5:20 pm

nannykins,

It's almost moot. If P' BO ( God I love that ) wanted to make an issue of JOBS he certainly took his sweet TIME about it! And no, I have zero desire to talk about 'investments' nor civility.

But given Rahm-rahm doesn't meet residency req. to run for mayor he's got his own problems right now. He probably isn't in the mood to watch either?

15. TheZooKeeper on January 24th, 2011 5:21 pm

I hear they're already planning on filling the gallery with survivors of the Tucson shooting. Will they be wearing Obama's commemorative memorial T-shirts? The SOTU address has become a shameless waste of time.

16. OK_Loyalist on January 24th, 2011 5:36 pm

For over a hundred years the SOTU addy was submitted to Congress in writing. Boenher needs to tell Obowmao that he needs to do the same. When he whines. like all leftists do, he needs to tell him, "Sorry, We Won"

17. SignPainterGuy on January 24th, 2011 7:45 pm

Baaaad, siiiiick ! Heh !

Waste not, want not ! Eh ?!

18. SignPainterGuy on January 24th, 2011 7:51 pm

This whole seating rearrangement thingy is shaping up to have some really good positive potential ! I heard this afternoon that the SCJustices (or some of them) are considering sitting out the SOTU !

Ooooh, sslaaaap !! Take that Liar-in-Chief !!

19. SignPainterGuy on January 24th, 2011 8:00 pm

A caller in to my local talk radio show this afternoon disliked the seating thing for much the same reasons you cite. He said that if the R`s would all wear red blazers, they`d cancel much of the left`s "homogenizing" effort !

20. SignPainterGuy on January 24th, 2011 8:01 pm

Once again, you are da mahn !

21. SignPainterGuy on January 24th, 2011 8:03 pm

Yeah, and WE WON BIG !!

Come on R`s, act like it !

22. Mike S. on January 24th, 2011 9:34 pm

Midway through the SOTU we'll all be yelling for Obama to STFU.

23. Nanny on January 24th, 2011 10:06 pm

Fat chance – a little over a month in DC and the new guys are all hooked on the "power trip". Assholes!!!

24. OK_Loyalist on January 24th, 2011 10:41 pm

I was thinking more like after "Good Evening"

25. SignPainterGuy on January 24th, 2011 11:16 pm

"You had me at hello !" Well, sorta …..