Somebody book this guy on Comedy Central:

MSNBC vp primetime programming Bill Wolff maintains that his network covers Palin because she’s newsworthy. Period. End of story.
[...]
Wolff called it “nonsense” that MSNBC is driven by politics or even profits when it comes to how much airtime it devotes to Palin.

“MSNBC does not have a political agenda. The idea that we’re beholden to one side or the other is ridiculous,” he says. “And if Sarah Palin is so good for business, why would we want to destroy her? We tell the truth. We hold up a mirror and say, ‘This is what’s going on.’ We’re not so crass to think that she’s good for business, therefore we’ll talk about her.”

Sure, Ed Schultz’s Republican-free zone is the least agenda-driven program I’ve ever seen.

Because when you think Schultz, Maddow, Matthews and Olbermann (formerly) and his current replacement with a name that sounds like somebody trying to order steak tartare with a mouthful of marbles, you think “no political agenda.”

Comments

17 Responses to “MSNBC VP of Primetime Programming: Comedian Extraordinaire”

1. nannykins on January 26th, 2011 3:01 pm

Does he really think that we are that stupid? All he has to do is look at the MESSNBC ratings and see just how smart we are. We are NOT watching their $hitty shows!!!

2. Marshall_Will on January 26th, 2011 3:29 pm

"and his current replacement"

Oh God. I give this guy 6 months. Who wants the under/over? This guy will make Canned Sugar look rational! I believe Doug has linked him before ( purely for comedic effect I'm sure )

The comments on the article Doug provided were running 90% -against- MSNBC's decision. Good luck with yer' new BOY there Mr. Wolff. Don't say we didn't TELL you so.

3. SignPainterGuy on January 26th, 2011 5:10 pm

If MessyNBC were to announce that tonight`s 8:pm show would be the last ever show before going off-air permanently, I MIGHT tune in at 9: to verify !

Oh, wait……wouldn`t that show up on the viewer-counter and boost their ratings ?

4. Mike S. on January 26th, 2011 8:08 pm

Man, soon this guy's nose will make Pinocchio jealous. Time to link to Leslie Nielsen's "Pinocchio" moment in "Airplane!".

5. SignPainterGuy on January 26th, 2011 8:08 pm

You must put your M_W-isms in print ! I`ll take several copies !

6. SignPainterGuy on January 26th, 2011 8:11 pm

I saw the Obamanocchio pic – too funny ! HIS is so well deserved !

7. Marshall_Will on January 26th, 2011 9:07 pm

SPG,

Actually, my eldest sister has one put together, I'll see if I can email it over! I may have to pester her a bit. She volunteers a lot for Disabled Vets, ref's games etc.

From what I'm told it's a pretty expansive 'work'. The guy had a million of 'em!

8. Marshall_Will on January 26th, 2011 9:09 pm

Mike S,

Is… that were the flight attendants are asking him if everything is "just fine" w/ the plane? Youtube it baby! And God rest Mr. Nielsen. When was the last time we had a true comedian that didn't go -right- down the old Bill Maher?

9. Mike S. on January 26th, 2011 9:34 pm

M_W,

That's the one! "Airplane!" was Nielsen's first real foray into comedy, and he hit a grand slam (the delivery of the "I am serious, and don't call me Shirley" line, completely deadpan, was perfect). As for Bill Maher: he was actually funny about 20 years or so ago, before he went completely batsh!t liberal. Now, he's just another libtard as far as I'm concerned.

10. SignPainterGuy on January 26th, 2011 10:11 pm

Lesley Nielsen, an all-time favorite, even before but especially after he found his comedic calling !

Never cared for Bill Maher who I just noticed in my local fishwrap is coming to town ……. Dang, where did I put those Party Poppers ? Ya know, with his money, you`d think he could do something with that mangy hair !

11. SignPainterGuy on January 26th, 2011 10:23 pm

Cool, Let me know how you want to exchange addresses !

12. OK_Loyalist on January 26th, 2011 10:59 pm

I rented The Forbidden Planet after Leslie's death. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y4crGU7dkg is the trailer. The movie was actually pretty good and I'm convinced that this movie was an influence on George Lucas writing Star Wars

13. SignPainterGuy on January 27th, 2011 12:28 am

The day after he died, I started looking for the dvd`s of "Police Squad", the 2 "Airplane" movies and all the "Naked Gun" series….no store has them. I can get them online but I hate to use plastic online. I think I`ll get Best Buy to order them for me w/ store pick up, that way I can pay cash !

Wait, what was the topic again ? Oh yeah, "MessyNBC does not have a political agenda". Leslie could probably say that deadpan, I can`t pull it off !

14. OK_Loyalist on January 27th, 2011 12:32 am

You can always use a pre-loaded or gift VISA card, they like $5 and use a public (yahoo, hotmail, etc) email.

This is what I did last summer for making campaign donations. Also used work address.

15. Doug on January 27th, 2011 12:40 am

Pre-paid Visa works great and there's no risk of credit theft and all that. We use it when we travel, etc. Works just like a regular credit card except it's already paid and there's no interest.

I have Airplane II on the DVR right now… it was on a few days ago. I used to have all the Police Squad shows on VHS, but I think those are long gone.

16. SignPainterGuy on January 27th, 2011 12:44 am

Okay, okay, I give , uncle, calf rope !! Stop twisting my arm ! :-O OUCH !

Come on, guys, that`s too easy !

17. Jeff Hawkins on January 28th, 2011 4:54 pm

You might remember Bill Wolff as the original voice of ESPN's "Around the Horn" and later as the Judge on "I. Max" on Fox Sports.