A State of the Union follow-up email from Team Obama reiterates a new branding attempt that was mentioned in last night’s speech:

Overcoming the challenges we face today requires a new vision for tomorrow. We will move forward together, or not at all — for the challenges we face are bigger than party, and bigger than politics.

Yet the story of America is this: We do big things.

Can you tell Obama’s economic advisory panel is headed up by General Electric’s CEO? “We do big things” has that GE-ish ring to it. I suppose Obama’s catch-phrase would have been “We Bring Good Things to Life” but GE already used it.

“We do big things”? No kidding:

We won’t need a rocket to get into orbit anymore — we can just ride that graph into the stratosphere.

Obama’s new fondness is for the term “Sputnik moment.” I agree, this is a Sputnik moment, and the spendthrift morons, crooks, liars and “all of the above” in DC who never met a debt that couldn’t be lowered by borrowing more money are playing the part of Sputnik.

It was also funny how the president tried to rally Americans like JFK motivated the country to go to the moon, except that last year Obama axed the program to return to the moon. And that would be fine with me if it was a serious debt reduction effort, but it wasn’t — the real goal of the new “Sputnik moment” is to land union leadership in the public trough, have them collect as many samples as possible, and return them safely to Washington DC. Unfortunately, that’s the new “moon race.”

Update: Obama’s “vision” for America eerily similar to Jennifer Granholm’s “vision” for Michigan a few years ago. Hey, great idea!

Comments

11 Responses to “‘We Do Big Things’: Because ‘We Bring Good Things to Life’ Was Already Taken — Update: Obama Channels His Inner Granholm”

1. Tweets that mention ‘We Do Big Things’: Because ‘We Bring Good Things to Life’ Was Already Taken : The Powers That Be -- Topsy.com on January 26th, 2011 12:25 pm

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by BigDawgMusicMafia, Doug Powers. Doug Powers said: ‘We Do Big Things’: Because ‘We Bring Good Things to Life’ Was Already Taken http://tinyurl.com/4zhq98u [...]

2. OK_Loyalist on January 26th, 2011 12:29 pm

He still full of sh!t and himself, ironically, those attributes are identical. It's always moving "forward" with these commies. Like keep moving, the gulag waits.

3. Marshall_Will on January 26th, 2011 2:42 pm

"collect as many samples as possible" LOL!

I'll assume we're not talking about moon rocks here are we?

Last night OK_Loyalist mentioned The Great One and that's pertinent in that his recent article describes General Electric as "Obama's Halliburton"! Again, as a shareholder myself* can't say as I'm pleased Immelt has made it sole purpose in life to DE-construct all that Jack Welch BUILT!

Can't say as we're 'tickled' with GE's price performance either? *Just to note, I don't own ANY individual shares ( and haven't since Immelt took over post dot.com bust ) but sometimes when you own a mutual fund, it can't be helped. Other than to -implore- the fund manager to WakeTFU and dump them while he can?

4. Marshall_Will on January 26th, 2011 2:47 pm

Insofar as last night's Prom Date?

Obama: -1

Ryan: 0

Bachman: +1,000!

Michele seemed to tap into the streaming consciousness of the TEA and -hit- on everything that needed hitting and didn't include (1) single talking point that could in any detract from the sheer power of her message. Namely, the naked truth!

Flawlessly delivered…, and as always, with a winning smile. Excellent job Michele. Sorry to have missed the live-blogging last night ( 24 hr. flu ) At least I 'hope' it's only 24 hrs?

5. Doug on January 26th, 2011 2:59 pm

I agree… it's amazing how much better a person's delivery is when they actually believe what they're saying, isn't it?

6. SignPainterGuy on January 26th, 2011 3:46 pm

What`s up w/ the chincey 24 hr flu ? Are you cutting back so far that you can`t spring for the fool-blown FLU !?!? For cryin` out loud ! ;-)

We`re all glad you`re feeling some better, I wondered where you were last night !

Personally, I think you are a bit generous w/ Oblahblah at -1; I can`t see that he put any shine whatsoever on the train wreck he`s orchestrated and appeared only to fool the media and confirmed leftists !

Ryan gets it……said it fairly well ……. my take-away was his understanding of the importance of "self government" ! I still am not convinced of his separateness and independence from establishment R`s ! (?) +3 at least !

I`m with on your view of Michelle Bachmann – she should be cloned !

7. Marshall_Will on January 26th, 2011 4:55 pm

"when they actually believe what they're saying"

Amen. Not only a 'better' delivery but infinitely -easier- to deliver as well. Anyone that's raised children can tell you that. At one point virtually all of us will say "I've utterly given UP on the notion you can be "an exceptional child!" ( But can you at least try to be an 'average' child? )

That's what I took away from MB as she walked us through The Numbers! Sure, we can 'look' at getting back on the Exceptional Track again ( we never want to rule that out down the road? )

But in the interim, we're nowhere NEAR being "exceptional". ( Let's shoot for solvent? ) Start there!

8. Rick on January 26th, 2011 5:47 pm

I hope Prom photos were taken last night for use in the next election cycle.The speech was reportedly Obama’s 901st since his anointment. That’s 901 documented incidents of lies,deceptions and fraud.Will the Repubs investigate anything??The Tea Party has much to do.

Sticks and stones may break my bones,but Obama’s words will NEVER employ me!

9. SignPainterGuy on January 26th, 2011 8:31 pm

Good one !

"…..,but Obama`s words will never employ me !" Unless you`re looking for a union / gibment job !

10. joyannaadams on January 26th, 2011 9:44 pm

Mmmmm…we can't pay that. Where's Bono/?

11. Joe Redfield on January 26th, 2011 10:13 pm

Big lies, big deficits, big egos, and, of course, you know what size the First Lady's backside is.