Those of you who have been reading here for any amount of time might know Joyanna Adams as a frequent commenter, but she’s also one of the most entertaining, insightful and original bloggers in any of the 58 states.

Joyanna’s moved from the debacle that the Townhall blog system has become to WordPress, and her new location is here. Be sure to put her on your daily reading list!

Comments

8 Responses to “Note on a Fellow Blogger’s New Digs”

1. Marshall_Will on January 27th, 2011 1:08 pm

"in any of the 58 states" Lol

Gosh yes! I like everything about the Townhall format ( except… posting a comment was like pulling The Hulk's molars! ) Consider Joyanna party to the "Fire In The Heartland" and all the great conservative women writers that made last November possible.

Fave-loaded, laughs assured!

2. Rick on January 27th, 2011 3:24 pm

Joyanna has a very colorful style in word and picture.Don’t miss her perspective.The email feature makes reading and commenting easy…then back to irritating Powers.lol.

3. SignPainterGuy on January 27th, 2011 3:38 pm

You`re right as rain, colorful indeed !

I have only one bone of contention – Joyanna refers to herself as "Nobody"……..any woman / lady who has had a career, still has a husband and two dogs, has "bbuuuuuuullions of opinions" AND gets to live near the Big Muddy is NOT "Nobody" ! So there !

4. Marshall_Will on January 27th, 2011 4:43 pm

Joyanna,

LOL! Today you can run w/ "Somebody Knows, Somebody CARES!"

Seriously though, we can't credit the conservative GALS enough! Thanks to -all- of you for helping us "man UP!" However small a part, collectively you forced the LSM to actually challenge a handful of Obama-isms and now they can't get the floodgate closed.

Only those on the extreme Left take his words/agenda at face value. And that's not a 'nobody' accomplishment in my… book.

5. Rick on January 27th, 2011 10:04 pm

BlissDom 2011
    This is a convention(4th) of 700 female bloggers(bloggerbabes?) underway today at the Opryland Hotel in Nashville.
    Bill Clinton is not listed as a speaker.

6. OK_Loyalist on January 27th, 2011 10:36 pm

Joyanna,

Please take what I am about to say as constructive criticism. While I enjoy reading you comments you post over here, I find it very difficult and annoying to read at your site. It's not the content, it is how you are formatting the pages, with all the various colors and the variable sized fonts.

Maybe I can explain my annoyance to a clearer degree. Basically people use one of three sensory stimuli for thought processing and decision making. These would be visual, audial, and kinesthetic, in other words, seeing, hearing and feeling. Everyone uses all three, but one is always more dominant than the others. Of course there is non better or worse than the other, it's just how we are wired. One's language patterns will reflect how each person is wired if one is trained to look for the patterns. More can learned on what I speak by researching Neuro Linguistic Programming aka NLP.

My annoyance really lays within myself, as I am a visual processor. Just something you may want to think about, and please take no offense in what I say.

Edit: Ooops sorry for missing the Congrats

Update edit :D Also I would like to add I'm not OCD either LOL

7. joyannaadams on January 28th, 2011 1:31 am

Ok..Loyalist! Thanks for the advice!.I know that it is proper to never put color or anything in a sentence….but I'm also a "designer" of sorts, and color excites me.

Besides, I like what Mark Twain said…can't remember the quote. The written word leaves out all of the various things you see when talking…the look in eyes, the twist of the nose, the tone of the voice. So…how DO you make the reader know what you cannot say in simple words? The typewriter leaves much to be desired.

I certainly wouldnt' do it in a book..but hey, it's the INTERNET!

not easy.

Dave Barry one of my favorite writers, does whole books in CAPS and EXCLAMATION points…and I guess I'm wired that way!

I use the different colors in my Nobody's titles, because…I LIKE THEM!
    Okay, I'm a kid.

GOD HELP ME! There is no hope. But thanks…maybe in the future, I will try to tone down…

8. OK_Loyalist on January 28th, 2011 2:14 am

Do what you will, I sure won't be asking for any "designer" tips