When the Obamacare law passed, Rep. John Lewis called it “the Civil Rights Act of the 21st century.” Sure… and how many people clamored to get an exemption from the Civil Rights Act?

It’s no wonder the left who lobbied to get the health care law passed didn’t care to read it — because they knew whatever was in it, they’d be able to get a waiver from anyway.

Here’s the latest:

Yesterday, the Deparment of Health and Human Services announced it had granted more than 500 new waivers to Obamacare’s requirement that health plans have annual limits of no less than $750,000. This annual limit requirement climbs to $1.25 million next year and then to $2 million.

The reason these exemptions from the law are needed is that Obamacare forces all health insurance consumers to over-insure themselves and pay high premiums as a result. Without the waivers, many companies, non-profits and unions would simply drop their health plans. As of 2014, the waivers will no longer be available — at least, that’s the way the law is written.

So far, 40 percent of those getting exemptions are unions. “Move along, nothing to see here…”

The number of waivers issued is 729 and rising fast.

What a great deal for the unions: Support the bill, pad politicians’ re-election coffers to get them to vote to pass the bill, begin to rake in money from the bill, then get a waiver so you aren’t bound by the new law(s).

There isn’t a prison large enough to hold all the people who are perpetuating this scam.

Comments

11 Responses to “Another ‘Everybody Who Supported Passage of Obamacare is Getting a Waiver From It’ Update”

1. Tweets that mention Another ‘Everybody Who Supported Passage of Obamacare is Getting a Waiver From It’ Update : The Powers That Be -- Topsy.com on January 28th, 2011 12:04 pm

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Martha, Mary M. and kurt r radtke, Doug Powers. Doug Powers said: Another "Everybody Who Supported Passage of Obamacare is Getting a Waiver From It" Update http://tinyurl.com/48rae5c [...]

2. OK_Loyalist on January 28th, 2011 1:40 pm

I say start the prison round up with the biggest criminal of all, Obowmao, then maybe we can get Nick pried off of him.

3. Marshall_Will on January 28th, 2011 1:51 pm

LOL!

Chalk it up to "Friday Freedom Fantasy" but the truth is more like DC being a "gated community" and… unless you have the right 'credentials' ( the REST of us are in Prison! )

I guess it's great both Sen. & House Rep's are launching "investigations" but the truth is ( what's to investigate here? ) A Law was passed. It applies to all of us. Do Dem's have any idea what a Moral Hazard they've opened here?

4. OK_Loyalist on January 28th, 2011 1:57 pm

The left has no morals, look at Nick

5. Zilla on January 28th, 2011 2:08 pm

So if we pretend that we love Obamacare, can the rest of us be exempted from being subjected to it too?

Great post, Doug, I've shared it at that political information page that I run on facebook.

6. Marshall_Will on January 28th, 2011 2:25 pm

"So if we pretend that we love Obamacare…"

Pffftt, now there's… a thought? I want to be ever-so careful how I proceed here next:

*We here at the PTB do NOT advocate violence of any kind!"

Disclaimer aside, it's very difficult for me to imagine if allowed to stand.., that's these Waivers won't find the O'stration loooonging for the feel good times of the 2010 Mid-Terms! They'll look at the 49% of reg. voters that were -not- able to obtain an Influ-Waiver and then invite Sarah Palin to the White House for DINNER!

Even watch their KIDS! This can NOT continue. Ramming it down our throats ( Clockwork Orange-style ) was bad enough. Now you're going to Exempt certain 'parties'? Wow, that's a little more heat than I think they're ready for. good luck w/ that.

7. SignPainterGuy on January 28th, 2011 2:43 pm

I find this hilarious in an ironical sorta way ! Every lib pres. has wanted some form of gov.run healthcare – FDR made in-roads, Johnson did, Pres. Clinton made a famously huge push w/ Bill helping all he could, and finally, finally Obeymao gets it done…..and the very ones (groups and orgs) who pushed and supported it the most immediately try to get out of it`s intanglements !! WOW, I thought these folks thought it was so wonderful that it HAD TO BE ENACTED !? Oh, I`m laughing all the way to the poor house ! Oh, my sides hurt !!

8. Marshall_Will on January 28th, 2011 3:42 pm

"(groups and orgs)"

Gorgs? G's & O's? I'll work on it.

Very true. And w/ each passing lib. prez, the stakes got higher! Look, I've never minded the idea of "Basic Care" ( for lack of a better term ) for the less fortunate. Cons. stereotypes to the contrary!

There was never any reason we couldn't have taken ppl's blood pressure, temp. and looked at their tonsils etc. No big. BUT… w/ heap'um plenty Tough Love too! Get them on a diet, show us some progress. Feel better about yourSELF!

But free heart transplants for the morbidly sedentary? I don't think so…

9. SignPainterGuy on January 28th, 2011 4:11 pm

"…morbidly sedentary?" As in "taking root ?", "becoming as ONE w/ the Lazy Boy – literally?"

I have never objected to necessary safety "nets", catching those who fall ! I, and I believe the majority of conservatives, believe that people MUST be allowed to fall – people need a chance to learn from failure so they can improve on the next effort ! Take care of yourself, be responsible ! Don`t expect the public to protect you from a fall – providing a safety "belt" !

10. Marshall_Will on January 28th, 2011 4:46 pm

"becoming as ONE" LOL!

Speaking of… The People Of Walmart, I had to return ( yes another ) computer and had a very scary realization!

Many of the peeps you see there that have "the shopping cart as a crutch" hobbling around the store in a rotund manner..? ( This IS… as good as they're going to look all DAY! )

No seriously. They scraped their cleanest dirty shirt from under the dog's bowl, found a ballcap and their wallet and out the door they go! At the same time I realized the guys you see w/ TONS of Coke/Pepsi etc. in the checkout lane? And -nothing- else? Yeah, for mixing drinks, and nothing else! Not the kinda' guy who's HC prem's you want to be responsible for! Embarrassed it took me that long to figure it out.

11. SignPainterGuy on January 28th, 2011 7:52 pm

Abso-tively, poso-lutely hilarious ! I don`t know where to begin !

Perhaps here, I am convinced that the vast majority of what "ails" us, is self inflicted ! Proof is as close as your nearest WallyWorld !