The other day Al Gore reiterated, on the very day of one of the worst and largest snowstorms/blizzards in recent memory, that all the snow is because the planet’s getting hotter.

About a 40 minute drive up the highway from where I sit, Al Gore has a disciple who refuses to let go:

GRAND RAPIDS – As Mayor George Heartwell prepared today’s “State of the City” speech that calls for programs to address global warming, a blizzard dropped 16 inches of proof on the city.

“I’ve had so many people ask me this week, ‘Where are you and Al Gore now?’” said Heartwell, whose speech calls for more trees, public transit improvements and a new program to reduce energy consumption in downtown buildings.

For those who question the blizzard as proof of global warming, Heartwell said warmer global temperatures means less ice on Lake Michigan, more evaporation and thus, more snow in the winter and more rain in the summer.

Oh pah-leez. We’ve had “lake effect” snow in Michigan since even before Al Gore was a glimmer in Charles Ponzi’s eye, and certainly for thousands of years prior to that — well before the industrialization that Heartwell pretends is causing it to get so hot that it’s snowing more.

Less ice on Lake Michigan? It’s been 15 f*#@%$g degrees here for the past three weeks. Is the freezing point of water different than it was when I was in 3rd grade science class?

Warmer global temperatures means less ice on Lake Michigan? If it’s 15 degrees over Lake Michigan, I don’t care if it’s blistering hot in Sudan — Lake Michigan’s still gonna have ice on it.

However, I realize it’s futile to debate people who have dollar signs in their eyes while they’re pretending to argue science.

Comments

15 Responses to “Global Warming Induced Blizzards: The Bitter Clinger Down the Road”

1. OK_Loyalist on February 5th, 2011 6:46 pm

These morons always try pulling this crap about water, in one breath the oceans/lakes are rising, in another they are evaporating. There is basically a finite amount of water on this planet. It is either stored on/in the ground or it's held the atmosphere as clouds and precipitation and very very little is lost out of the atmosphere. I too remember 3rd grade science, we learned the water cycle.

2. SignPainterGuy on February 5th, 2011 7:20 pm

These morons who can`t turn a profit at a lemonade stand and don`t understand science AND think we couldn`t possibly either, somehow think they can defy the laws of thermodynamics !

Now if Lake Michigan is still frozen in August, then maybe I`ll admit they`re on to something !

3. Dandapani on February 5th, 2011 7:24 pm
  4. SignPainterGuy on February 5th, 2011 7:39 pm

So you`re sayin` there`s been a near nation wide trend toward a weakened faith lately ?

5. Dandapani on February 5th, 2011 7:50 pm

In the church of the Holy Global Warming, where all manifestations of weather affirm MMGW, having to shovel a foot of that white global warming, tends to dampen the faith in BearManPig.

6. SignPainterGuy on February 5th, 2011 8:00 pm

Do you mean to say, there might be a situation when / where the Titanic could perhaps possibly (sssssshhh) sink ?

7. Tweets that mention Global Warming Induced Blizzards: The Bitter Clinger Down the Road : The Powers That Be -- Topsy.com on February 6th, 2011 12:09 am

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by America's Mexican, The Lake. The Lake said: Global Warming Induced Blizzards – Because the sheeple will believe ANYthing… http://bit.ly/eOOvPi [...]

8. Ken in Texas on February 6th, 2011 1:59 am

Listen up, y'all. I live in southwest Texas, home of some of the hottest weather in the country. This is high desert, and it does get cool after sundown. This past week we had three days that shattered all low temp records ever kept. Tuesday night the temp hit an all-time record low of two degrees F! Water pipes and water mains burst all over town. Lowe's and Home Depot ran out of valves and copper pipe to make repairs, and, to top it off, the electric company had to institute "rolling blackouts" which shut down the blowers on our gas furnaces three or four times a day. Algore, you effing bastard, don't EVER come anywhere near me!

9. Janelle on February 6th, 2011 10:37 am

Ken, thank you for making me laugh out loud at 7:30 this morning – what a terrific way to begin the day! God bless Texas!

10. SignPainterGuy on February 6th, 2011 2:24 pm

I`ve been concerned about ya since hearing about the rolling blackouts, nat. gas shortages and unusual snow and cold ! Bummer ! You`re a Texan, so I know you`ll rise to the challenge, but I know it ain`t fun ! Good luck !

I had to chuckle too at you`re "love and admiration" for everybody`s favorite LYING-IDIOT-HYPOCRITE, the AlGoracle !! Heh !

11. Joe Redfield on February 6th, 2011 2:43 pm

After Tipper dumped him,a woman asked Al for a date, but he said he couldn't, because he had to wash his brain.

12. Ken in Texas on February 6th, 2011 5:49 pm

Guy,thanks for your concern, but all is well and Janelle, you're most welcome! Most of us in these parts managed to keep warm by burning Algore in effigy, so it all worked out.

13. SignPainterGuy on February 6th, 2011 9:45 pm

I "could" heat my house just with ManBearPig videos, but my screams at the tv would peel the paint off the walls ! Sign painters hate house painting !

14. Jim on February 8th, 2011 9:45 pm

Back in a few minutes, gonna warm up some soup in the Freezer.

15. Filibert Tunnelly on January 15th, 2015 5:31 am

Lovely update by you about the global warming. Thanks for sharing.