Okay, just to get it out of the way quickly, here’s my prediction: Packers 34, Steelers 28. Pittsburgh will have a chance to win near the end of the game after Troy Polamalu picks off an Aaron Rodgers pass with under four minutes to play and gets within fifteen yards of the goal line before tripping over his own hair and fumbling the ball back to the Pack.

The halftime performers are the Black Eyed Peas, which means I’ll be spending an hour in the garage tinkering with the snowblower before the 3rd quarter begins.

Just before the game, a tribute video to Ronald Reagan will air. Here it is:

At some point before the game, Bill O’Reilly will interview Barack Obama. O’Reilly’s already giving himself “Beatles on the Ed Sullivan Show” sized ratings. Do a shot whenever O’Reilly says “spin” or lobs a softball question, or whenever Obama says “let me be clear,” “targeted investments,” “winning the future” or mentions Reagan.

During the game Obama will party with Jennifer Lopez, but Obama is going to bring Joe Biden just so J-Lo doesn’t show up with the biggest ass.

Also, there will be no cheerleaders at this Super Bowl — possibly so Ben Roethlisberger has one less temptation to get in trouble over.

(h/t Cubachi)

Comments

30 Responses to “Super Sunday Banter and Obama/O’Reilly Interview Drinking Game”

1. steveegg on February 6th, 2011 5:13 pm

Obama's also bringing in FORMER (I'm extremely thankful I can say FORMER) Wisconsin governor Jim "Craps" Doyle (WEAC/HoChunk-For Sale), who probably is an even bigger ass than Plugs Biden.

I would be doing the Double-Ought drinking game, but my liver has to survive at least until mid-evening on Saturday, and between The Championship Game That Cannot Be Named™, cards on Monday, Drinking Right on Tuesday, and CPAC (and related events) the rest of the week, I can't afford early alcohol poisoning.

2. Joe Redfield on February 6th, 2011 5:31 pm

Two shots every time the Communicator in Chief says "stuff", "folks", or "guys". This is part of the new stimulus package for the booze industry.

3. Tweets that mention Super Sunday Banter and Obama/O’Reilly Interview Drinking Game : The Powers That Be -- Topsy.com on February 6th, 2011 5:34 pm

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by kathy marie and Rich Ferrier, Doug Powers. Doug Powers said: Super Sunday Banter and Obama/O’Reilly Interview Drinking Game http://tinyurl.com/6ymzoxy [...]

4. Nanny on February 6th, 2011 6:06 pm

Okay I saw the Reagan tribute – Very appropriate and nice. Now on to the preview show! WTF!!!! Red Carpet interviews???? WTFFFFFFFF!!!!?????? This is effin football for gawd's sake – the Superbowl – not some dumbed down Hollywood event with celebrities – who the ef cares what they think???? I am PISSED!!! The wussification of everything red blooded American is now happening!!!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! And I don't give a rat's ass what BOR and BHO have to say to one another – they are both ass wipes!!!

And I have not even had an adult beverage yet – just wait!!!

5. Nanny on February 6th, 2011 6:08 pm

Or let me clear!!! Liberal speak for I don't give a sh!t what the American people want – I am going to shove this down their throats. I can't believe BOR is interviewing this twit!!! They are both shameful!!!

6. OK_Loyalist on February 6th, 2011 7:07 pm

Cheers !!!! :D

7. Soul on February 6th, 2011 7:34 pm

Seeing the mention of JLo reminds me of a previous sports car I owned. As a hobby, my father and I work on older cars, along with purchasing new ones. As tradition we typically give the cars female names. Well, one particular car I had was known as a "wide body" from the manufacture. The back of the car had wide fenders to house larger wheels – hence the nick name given.

8. Nanny on February 6th, 2011 7:47 pm

It just keeps getting worse – what a complete farce. I emailed Fox but they won't hear me or my concerns. What an effin joke – going for a drink now. Beef Tenderloin is in the oven, been grazin over the fruit and veggies and chicken tenders with blue cheese and celery I put out – but saving the home made cherry pie for the last!!! At least the food is good. Fox Sports Sucks!!! I am not a Steelers fan but I really do like Bradshaw – straight shooter – I hope he is as embarassed as I am of the pre-game.

9. Nanny on February 6th, 2011 7:48 pm

Oh GAWD – just heard BOR and BHO voices – turning off! Checking on food!

10. Nanny on February 6th, 2011 8:03 pm

Huge Explosion In Our Family Room!!! Hubby was taking a cat nap after a long hockey trip to Oxford, Ohio and woke up to BOR and BHO! Holy Shit – he's pissed! He did not know about interview – being busy with hockey. Oh my! Oh no! Oh this is good! Ahhhhhhaaaaaahhhaaahhhhhaaaaaa! Have not seen hubby so worked up in a while – this is going to be one helluva Super Bowl – he hates both teams and has just woke from hibernation to his very least president ever once again showing his face.

11. OK_Loyalist on February 6th, 2011 8:36 pm

You're killing me !!! LOL

12. SignPainterGuy on February 6th, 2011 8:41 pm

Haa, hah ! Sounds like your living room action is way more interesting than the "Beatles on Sullivan Show" rated interview ! I remember that show and Ed`s reaction to the disrespectful screaming audience ! He didn`t want to hold anyone`s hand, he`d much prefer to spank some bottoms !

I`m guessing your hubby would would like to wring some necks ! Heh !

The best I can do is raise my coffee mug, so cheers, here`s to both of you !

13. Doug on February 6th, 2011 8:44 pm

Thanks for keeping us entertained Nanny!

14. SignPainterGuy on February 6th, 2011 8:54 pm

So Doug ! Is there a post-interview update (couldn`t bear to watch or listen) or pregame funnies – or is that a whole new post in itself ?!

15. Nanny on February 6th, 2011 9:17 pm

I kid you not! It was like a rocket flying out of the easy chair!!! Although he is as conservative as I am he does not pay attention to details so when the interview started – it was like – 4th of July! Have not seen him move like that in a while! Pretty funny – but shows how much he loves our country when someone like BOR spits in our face on Super Bowl Sunday. By the way, in the mean time my daughter down in Texas called me just after the interview and kinda filled me in – but between my contempt for BOR/BHO and the pre-game show and my husband's outburst – I was in no mood! All I wanted to do was hear and watch football and all I got was a bunch of BS. Including Collin Powell and that POS that heads the NFL. Pandering to our Constitution pretending that they are patriots is just shameful!!! All they do is suck BHO and his administrations tit. I want football not pussy's!!!

16. Nanny on February 6th, 2011 9:49 pm

The NFL should be ashamed at the skank that they provided for the National Anthem. This is how you sing the Anthem:

17. maladroit on February 6th, 2011 9:50 pm

Just wanted to chime-in on the complete and utter Christine Aguilera Anthem Fail. It was bad enough that she had to toss-in her own off-the-wall crap, like extra vibrato, oscillating octaves and church-lady gospel belching, but she also FORGOT THE WORDS.
    Put her down as the worst-ever, knocking Kat Deluna off her throne after her Monday Niight Football debacle at which she was booed outa Texas Stadium. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q98BuAX2T0U&fe

She was an embarrassment.
    When are these idiot divas ever gonna learn that we loathe their sorry attempts to clutter the National Anthem with their Top-40 crap?

18. Nanny on February 6th, 2011 10:03 pm

Thank you! The NFL has their nose stuck right up Zero's ass and that includes the complete trashing of our National Anthem by this skank. I think we need to voice our complete displeasure to the NFL and ask them to just go back to a one hour pregame show that features the teams only and forget all the other bullsh!t.

19. SignPainterGuy on February 6th, 2011 10:37 pm

Right you are Nanny, Whitney set the bar high ! Thanks for the link, I`m scrolling down and playing some others…..sad to say, LeAnn Rimes isn`t there. Her`s is excellent as well. We provided a copy to play at the GLRRA roadrace m/c series we worked in MI for several years !

20. Nanny on February 6th, 2011 11:24 pm

Dallas should be ashamed for letting the NFL take over their city with this atorcity of entertainment. With all of the talent that has come out of Texas and they have to put these ass wipes in for half time? Dallas – I know your hospitality and it is not what the NFL just gave us. I don't blame you but….. on Monday morning I would be just bustin a vein at how they portrayed your city.

21. Nanny on February 6th, 2011 11:27 pm

And by the way – I hope Green Bay kicks Philly's ass!!! And I hate Green Bay but I just want to stuff it up the east coast's a$$. (hmmmm close to Washington DC – get my drift.)

22. Nick on February 7th, 2011 2:33 pm

I find it odd that in the same response you talk about Reagan in revered terms then bash Hollywood types.

Reagan was an ACTOR by trade. He as also a UNION PRESIDENT of the SCREEN ACTORS GUILD.

You peeps are so dumb it hurts to read this crap sometimes.

23. Nick on February 7th, 2011 2:34 pm

Pittsburgh, not Philly.

24. SignPainterGuy on February 7th, 2011 4:19 pm

Reagan and I were once democrats, but WE learned better ! What`s your excuse ?

25. SignPainterGuy on February 7th, 2011 4:21 pm

Okay BROKEN CLOCK, you have one left ! Use it wisely !

26. Nick on February 7th, 2011 5:56 pm

Nice sidestep SignPainterGuy. Reality is what it is.

Reagain raised taxes in 7 of his 8 years in office. He tripled the size of government. He signed gun control legislation.

That is just the tip of the iceberg.

You worship images.

27. Rick on February 7th, 2011 8:02 pm

Nick,here’s an image;

Tipsy O’Neil,Rob’em Bob Mitchel and Notyetded Ted used to chortle that Reagan’s budgets were “Dead on Arrival”.

Not only did Reagan have to save America from Soviet Commies,but also Congressional Commies.Let’s hope the current Congress can save us from Obamacommies.If not,we’ll vote them out,too!

What do you socialists think about HuffPo taking all of those 315,000,000 feelthy capitalist dollars from AOL? O ye suckerz.

28. SignPainterGuy on February 7th, 2011 8:26 pm

No, I worship the GOD of the Christians and Jews !

As bad as Reagan and Bush can be made out to be, they were each "from the toenails up" better than Pres. Clinton and Bill too AND Obozo put together !

29. OK_Loyalist on February 7th, 2011 10:29 pm

Hey DUMBASS, it's Reagan, not Reagain

30. SignPainterGuy on February 9th, 2011 8:02 pm

I can`t help but wonder, what did AOL actually wind up with ?! AOL`s stock went down by the same amount as the purchase price !