Homeland Security Director J-Nap has been telling Walmart shoppers and people at the Super Bowl to alert authorities if they see any suspicious behavior as part of the “If you see something, say something” campaign (DHS phones rang off the hook last night during Christina Aguilera’s rendition of the National Anthem).

Forget about Walmart shoppers though — Napolitano should tell that to the FBI:

WASHINGTON (AP) — A Senate report on the Fort Hood shooting is sharply critical of the FBI’s failure to recognize warning signs that an Army psychiatrist had become an Islamist extremist and amounted to a “ticking time bomb.”

The report concluded that both the Defense Department and the FBI had sufficient information to detect that Army Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan had been radicalized to violent extremism, but they failed to understand and act on it. It said the FBI’s top leaders must exercise more control over local field offices and put to better use the intelligence analysts who should have been able to connect the dots.

Hasan is charged with 13 counts of premeditated murder and 32 counts of attempted premeditated murder in the November 2009 shooting rampage on the Texas military post.

I’m guessing that the FBI and the Defense Department did spot this guy from a mile away but decided not to act. I’ll give you three guesses as to why and the first two don’t count.

(h/t Treacher)

Comments

9 Responses to “Forget About Walmart Shoppers; Napolitano Needs to Expand ‘If You See Something, Say Something’ to the FBI”

1. Rick on February 7th, 2011 4:36 pm

Who will watch and report on Napolitano? She’s working both sides of the street.

The Army is the only military branch that has had Muslim “insider” problems,to my memory.They need to get their house in order.

2. OK_Loyalist on February 7th, 2011 4:52 pm

I saw that commie rat bastard Nick over here, does that count ?

3. Marshall_Will on February 7th, 2011 5:47 pm

"failure to recognize warning signs" LOL

You mean like having SOA ( Soldiers Of Allah ) on his business card? Right! They're off to hassle some 18 y.o Private over his late payments to Rent-To-Own!

Good Lord. Hate to say it but in spite of this almost effervescent feeling knocking out my time at the Guard Base… seems things are as f'd up as EVER on the constantly-encroaching Left Flank?

Took a half day off after two-weeks-straight and Megyn Kelly ( yes I have a crush on her 'too' ) is telling me the O'stration is creating an Alignment From Hell to have a conduit from disgruntled employees -straight- to the Bar Association!

Just what a budding Wreckovery needs! Sheesh, I leave for a week.., I thought you guys had this under control? Kidding….

4. Jim T. on February 8th, 2011 6:16 am

But don't lose sight of what is most important here…that the military is fulfilling its reason for existence by continuing to operate as a social engineering experiment: Fort Hood, and most recently DADT repeal. Those members of these fine institutions who are overseas having their every battlefield decision second-guessed by lawyers and "human rights" groups are just gonna' have to cope for now…but they can take solace that when they return stateside (if they are lucky enough to return), they will be coming home to a more tolerant and hopey-changey military.

30 hours and no sleep has my sarcasm in overdrive…but damn, this kind of stuff burns me up. It was more important to have 14 people dead and 28 more wounded than to follow already existing procedure requiring for this psycho's dismissal.

And yes, I said 14 dead, not the 13 mentioned by the media and government. PFC Velez was pregnant and her baby died with her. http://tinyurl.com/ya7jya4

According to the Unborn Victims of Violence Act a baby is to be recognized Federally as a murder victim. http://tinyurl.com/29985lw

Yet again the government does not follow its own law.

5. Marshall_Will on February 8th, 2011 12:26 pm

"sarcasm in overdrive"

Not at all. Very well said Jim. And you're right, that's 14 all told. It just grinds me up to see some 4th generation Southern Oregon cowboy sweating out getting his/her security clearance over a high school parking lot scuffle while clowns like like the Ft. Hood shooter operate in broad daylight.

Enough already.

6. SignPainterGuy on February 8th, 2011 4:11 pm

Thank you (fellow Jim) for remembering the tiniest victim of an idiot who should have been booted years ago ! Your frustration, agitation and disgust are duly noted and appreciated ! As is your selfless service !

7. Jim T. on February 9th, 2011 5:48 am

"selfless service"??

Are you referring to military service? I have not served in the military and apologize if there was anything in my post that created that implication.

Or am I misunderstanding what you are referring to?

Either way, thanks for the comment!

8. SignPainterGuy on February 9th, 2011 12:26 pm

No Jim, I`m the one who misundertook !

It was a good post and "I" got wound up in it !

9. Jim T. on February 10th, 2011 3:00 am

No problem my friend! Thanks again.