Normally I’d say that, in the world of congressional scandals, this isn’t really a “resigning” offense but rather an “ask for an apology and move on” offense — but this guy’s so incredibly lame that yes, a resignation and “cone of shame” award was in order:

Rep. Christopher Lee, R-N.Y., abruptly resigned from the House of Representatives Wednesday afternoon after a report emerged that he had sent flirtatious e-mails, including one with a bare-chested photo of himself, to a woman he met on Craigslist.

Lee is married and has a young child.

Pictures where people are holding their own cameras are so pitiful, aren’t they?

“Helloooo ladies…”

Sources tell me that if his wife leaves him, Lee’s attorney will go all out to win full custody of the Bowflex.

Think about how stupid this guy must be… and then think about the fact that he was in Congress. Then think about how many like him (and worse) there are in Congress who refuse to go away. All our problems really start to make sense after a while.

Comments

20 Responses to “Rep. Christopher Lee (R-eally Lame) Resigns”

1. SignPainterGuy on February 10th, 2011 1:17 pm

Corruption, lying and utter stupidity cross party lines, but honor seldom does ! I don`t think Lee has much else going for him !

2. CDL on February 10th, 2011 1:27 pm

Someone should check out the eharmony type dating sites to see if there is more "info" on the congressman. I'd bet there is.

This could get really funny.

Also, in that pic, what the heck is he doing with that other hand?

3. Doug on February 10th, 2011 1:31 pm

in that pic, what the heck is he doing with that other hand?

Some questions are best left unanswered.

4. OK_Loyalist on February 10th, 2011 1:32 pm

"in that pic, what the heck is he doing with that other hand? "

We'll have to wait for Nick on this one

5. OK_Loyalist on February 10th, 2011 1:42 pm

He shouldn't of resigned as then New York would of had both a Weiner & a Weenie representing them.

6. Marshall_Will on February 10th, 2011 2:00 pm

Lee’s attorney will go all out to win full custody of the Bowflex.

LOL! Yeah uh.., guys, there's a world of difference between not having a gut and looking 'good' w/ your shirt off? As one of Michelle M's posters noted "This gives a whole new meaning to: "Keep your shirt on"!

Slightly different angle here, and one I've run into before. If I'm reading this right the 'gal' he was cyber-courting/stalking was a gov't employee, right? Well, wtf was SHE doing posting on Craigslist? My best guess is that 'some' of that, e-footsie took place on OUR DIME!

Was she in a position to have access to sensitive gov't information!? YOUR information? Uh, how many hours a day was she cruising CL?

7. Tweets that mention Rep. Christopher Lee (R-eally Lame) Resigns : The Powers That Be -- Topsy.com on February 10th, 2011 2:02 pm

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Jim Horvath, Doug Powers. Doug Powers said: Rep. Christopher Lee (R-eally Lame) Resigns http://tinyurl.com/4mvw5fr [...]

8. Marshall_Will on February 10th, 2011 2:10 pm

JFTR,

When I say "and one I've run into before" I was a regular and sort of co-contributor to -THE- most active housing bubble blog for years. Later, we had the biggest PITA, Leftist/Oppressive -shills- imaginable.

She basically "took over" the blog, sculpted the entire agenda and more or less made it 'her' bully pulpit. At the height of The Boom we were running 300-500 Comments per thread and often that many in an HOUR!

It wasn't until much later we learned said Leftist Shill was actually a GOV. EMPLOYEE! We called her out on it and she mumbled some flimsy excuse that both she AND her husband shared the same screen name and uh.., it was none of our business anyway! 'Of' those 300+ comments, typically a solid THIRD were hers! Your tax $'s at work guys.

9. nannykins on February 10th, 2011 2:28 pm

Glad to see he PROMPTLY resigned! What a sleeze bag. This should be a big eye opener for those who remain in DC. Playing around – don't get caught with your shirt off! Hope SOH Boehner puts the word out – this type of behaviour won't be tolerated.

10. SignPainterGuy on February 10th, 2011 2:35 pm

M_W,

What`s JFTR – Just For The ________ ? New one on me….

Gubmint emp. with not enough to do to keep her busy ! Typical ! But she made the comment count look GOOOOOOD ! Too bad her boss couldn`t make her time card look BAAAAAD !

I love the (Your city here) Help Wanted .com radio commercials….the one where the emp. gets caught napping; she whines, "I`ve been here for an hour and filed one file, I`m TIRED !"

11. OK_Loyalist on February 10th, 2011 2:38 pm

According to http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/02/10/rep-lee-re… SOH Boehner had already had to tell this guy to chill.

12. SignPainterGuy on February 10th, 2011 2:45 pm

Nick may still be pouting from being out-trolled the other day ! Or "occupied" with the beefcake pic. of Rep. Lee !

13. Marshall_Will on February 10th, 2011 3:16 pm

SPG,

Just For The Record. Most of Doug's readers ( I'm guessing ) are either self-employed, comfortably retired or… post on their OWN time! In my case, I'm SE so my time is MY time ( and things, thanks to P' BO etc. ) have never been SLOWER!

My point was that, and w/ a geeky/weenie face like Lee's, all the focus is on him. Well, it takes two to twitter and "the gal" AFAIK has been able to remain completely ANON! Well HTF do we know SHE isn't married!?

I'm in no way defending the guy, looks like another HS quarterback-type to 'me' w/ all the vanity you can shake a stick at. He's getting what he deserves. But can -imagine- what a minefield DC is for some Republican that's looking for some on the side? All this gal had to do was say, thanks but no thanks and keep hitting that Bowflex! But NO. This was low-hanging fruit for the Professional Left. Instant paydirt.

14. SignPainterGuy on February 10th, 2011 3:32 pm

M_W,

"….Record", gotcha ! (hand-slide over head)

Yeah, we don`t need this….his seat will be re-filled by "special election", more $ and more wasted time ! The left got "easy pickin`s, low hanging fruities, instant paydirt" !! Give it away idiots !

At least Inhoffe and Issa are bringin` it to the dems.; can`t help but want MORE and FASTER, but I`ll take what we can get ! I`m thrilled by the O`scare / unconstitutionality and Int. Dept. contempt rulings !

15. Marshall_Will on February 10th, 2011 3:58 pm

"low hanging fruities"

( On which Rep. Lee appears to be a subject matter expert )

His whole approach right down to his "I could go either 'way' " pose is more like a 20-something would use. Maturity issues? At least now he'll be able to see first hand what it's like in the pvt. sector debacle he helped create.

Welcome aboard Chris! ( You schmuck )

16. Dan B. on February 10th, 2011 4:29 pm

Lets see….getting BJs in the oval office, running a gay prostitue ring out of your apartment, cheating on taxes,funneling tarp money to your spouse's bank,running up millions in flights on military aircraft (ad nauseum) are no problem. BUT sending a pic of yourself with no shirt on demands IMMEDIATE resignation? Am I the only one who sees a bit of a double standard here?

17. nannykins on February 10th, 2011 5:10 pm

May seem like it – but the guy was stupid posting this – on Craig's list no less. If he is stupid enough to do that and cavorting with female lobbyists, he does not deserve the office. He is supposed to be doing the work of his constiuents. The stuff the libs do and get away with are resume enhancers. I don't like to compare the two because I would hope our conservative leaders are behaving themselves and doing their jobs.

18. Dan B. on February 10th, 2011 5:40 pm

Yep, without a doubt it was STUPID. It just bugs the heck out of me that when a lib does something not only stupid but criminal everyone just winks and shrugs. If a Republican does something goofy he gets an immediate "Off with his head!!". Equal justice for all is all I'm saying.

19. SignPainterGuy on February 10th, 2011 7:46 pm

Adding to your list of butt-frosters was Slick Willy lying about his Oral, I mean Oval Office shenanigans, getting caught lying, and then the leftist media marveled at how well he lied and almost pulled it off – as though he was the example to immulate ! No farrrging morals, man !

20. Montana on February 12th, 2011 5:20 pm

The party of "Family Values" my ass, more like the "Party of hypocrites". Poor Christopher Lee, at least he resigned! What about Senator John Ensign (NV) and Governor Mark Stanford (SC), and diaper boy Sen. David Vitter (R-LA)! Too Funny!