Ron Reagan Jr., the tool who showed little except disrespect and contempt for his father when he was alive and is now peddling the debunked lie that he had Alzheimer’s while in office, continues to be dragged around by the liberal media because of his newfound love of Palin-bashing:

Reagan in marking the 100th anniversary of his birth, one of the former president’s sons has an unlikely comparison in mind between his father and a current political figure.

Asked who is more like his father – President Obama or Sarah Palin – Ron Reagan didn’t hesitate:

“Just on the basis of intelligence, you would have to say Barack Obama. I don’t think my father has anything in common with Sarah Palin whatsoever,” Ron Reagan told us on ABC’s “Top Line” today. “I’m a little offended that we even have to talk about Sarah Palin, who has nothing interesting to say.”

This is part of an ongoing effort to keep shoveling the horse hockey that Time Magazine dumped all over the floor last month.

Let’s take a look at just how similar Reagan and Obama are:

Reagan: “A troubled and afflicted mankind looks to us, pleading for us to keep our rendezvous with destiny.”

Obama: “We are five days away from fundamentally transforming the United States.”

*****

Reagan: “If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.”

Obama: “For we know that our patchwork heritage is a strength, not a weakness. We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus—and non-believers.”

*****

Reagan: “The most terrifying words in the English language are: I’m from the government and I’m here to help.”

Obama: “It is only government that can break the vicious cycle where lost jobs lead to people spending less money which leads to even more layoffs.”

*****

Reagan: “Of the four wars in my lifetime, none came about because the U.S. was too strong.”

Obama: “Just as we stood for freedom in the 20th century, we must stand together for the right of people everywhere to live free from fear in the 21st century. And as the only nuclear power to have used a nuclear weapon, the United States has a moral responsibility to act.

*****

Reagan: “Make no mistake, abortion-on-demand is not a right granted by the Constitution. No serious scholar, including one disposed to agree with the Court’s result, has argued that the framers of the Constitution intended to create such a right.”

Obama: “Abortions should be legally available in accordance with Roe v. Wade.”

On which side of the above quotes would Sarah Palin most likely fall?

Sure Ron… your father was way more like Obama than Palin:

Comments

21 Responses to “Ron Reagan Jr. Keeps Bringing the Comedy: My Father Was More Like Obama, Nothing in Common With Palin”

1. Tweets that mention Ron Reagan Jr. Keeps Bringing the Comedy: My Father Was More Like Obama, Nothing in Common With Palin : The Powers That Be -- Topsy.com on February 10th, 2011 6:22 pm

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Gary Tanner and Monkey , Doug Powers. Doug Powers said: Ron Reagan Jr. Keeps Bringing the Comedy: My Father Was More Like Obama, Nothing in Common With Palin http://tinyurl.com/4ems767 [...]

2. Marshall_Will on February 10th, 2011 6:26 pm

What with people getting their boo-boo in a wringer ( sans shirt! ) and all, I want to be extra careful here.

Is it socially acceptable in more polite circles for a married man ( such as myself ) to use the word 'ravishing' about another man's wife? IF… it is 'not' then I have no -clue- as how to describe Mrs. Palin as pictured above!? Simply ravishing. Sue me.

Ahem, I was afraid of this. Post-midterm, there was bound to be ship-jumping a' plenty! Who in their right mind would actually 'want' to be a Liberal commentator in the New Tea Party-driven reality? Even Bill Maher is wondering… wtf?

So, rather than jump ship, Ron Jr. just jumped IN! Hey, it's free country. ( He is in NO WAY equipped to chew what he just bit off, but… it's a free country ) How's the sharks Ron, I mean water? This intellectual lightweight won't even make for a snack for PTB/MM.

3. SignPainterGuy on February 10th, 2011 7:55 pm

Ahem, yeah, what you said ! Works for me, and I`m single !

Ron, Jr needs to find him a backstage job off, off, way off Broadway for a production of Cats or something ! He ain`t makin` it out here in the real world ! Beyond clueless !

4. Clu Seatoe on February 10th, 2011 8:16 pm

I agree with Jr. in that all the speeches I’ve heard from Palin I haven’t heard her say anything interesting either. Although, I would give her kudos for being a master of stating the obvious.

I would also agree with TIME mag and thank them for pointing out that a good conservative with Alzheimer’s is still better on any day than an Ivy League trained socialist on a string.

5. Nanny on February 10th, 2011 9:13 pm

Me thinks the ballerina and Chrissy Mathews have a thing going on. And not just on the Palin bashing front.

6. Nanny on February 10th, 2011 9:16 pm

And, God love her, I hope Nancy Reagan has written this little twit out of the will.

7. Rick on February 10th, 2011 9:20 pm

lol.Nanny,just a couple of tingly tinkerbells,eh?

Ron,Jr. is a tool…of the Left.

8. OK_Loyalist on February 10th, 2011 9:27 pm

I believe they are called "useful idiots", the left is full of them. Take Nick for example!

9. SignPainterGuy on February 10th, 2011 9:35 pm

Even in a deep-freeze, the march never ends ! Ha, haaa ! :-D

10. Marshall_Will on February 10th, 2011 9:41 pm

OK_Loyalist,

And that was kind of my point? ( Hey, stay INSIDE down there, -31? Yikes! )

Ron Jr. would "bring coal to Newcastle" fer' chrissakes. The uh, bandwagon for Unhinged Leftwing-Talking Heads is a um… might Olber-crowded wouldn't you say?

There is neither ratings nor the audience to accommodate (1) single add'l looney. We have everything from leftwing ex-jocks to ex-jock SNIFFERS and you know it's bad when Creep Olberfruit has to agree to spoon w/ The Goracle to stay on 'air'.

11. SignPainterGuy on February 10th, 2011 9:50 pm

-31, shewee, that`s way beyond "woo chilly brrrrr !" -6 is the coldest I`ve seen here and -17 on my Grandparents farm as a teenager in east-central KY ! I`m not envious !

18,000 households in primetime……pitiful !

12. OK_Loyalist on February 10th, 2011 10:03 pm

Nowata, OK, where they recorded new state record of -31F is approximately 1 hour north of Tulsa. We in Tulsa, hit -11F this a.m. and will be approaching 60F by Sunday.

13. Marshall_Will on February 10th, 2011 10:14 pm

We have Ron Jr. heading down to give us his 'take' on the Global Warming situation you guys are experiencing down there! Darn, only packed him a Speedo..? Oh well, better men have survived w/ frostbitten nay-nays.

Yeah, when you say "approaching 60F" ( please tell us that's 'above' zero? )

14. Marshall_Will on February 10th, 2011 10:22 pm

Clu,

Well! ( You're… in rare form today! ) Don't get me wrong, I'm not a SP booster but I've seen what the "best and brightest" have done for WALL STREET over the last decade or so?

And I'm willing to take a look at someone who is willing to say "We need to get back to the basics". Let's face facts, stuff like, address the ball squarely, bend your knees slightly, check your grip, keep your head down and for GOD'S sake follow through! ( isn't exactly 'sexy' stuff? )

That's what we're being sold. MM had mentioned recently ( ref. to Detroit as a matter of fact ) "there's another… "engineered financial crisis!" So pols make increasingly stickier messes that… in turn 'require' increasingly complex 'answers'.

15. Clu Seatoe on February 11th, 2011 1:32 am

It doesn’t matter what Jr. says because everyone knows (including the media (except when it’s a slow news month and the mag has to be buoyed up because it’s listing so hard to port)) that family members make the worst character witnesses. With selective memories and hate within families their memory testimonies are meaningless.

It doesn’t matter because the cement has hardened on Ronald Reagan’s history re his American Presidency, and every kid knows (except those with gimpy left legs) that, if you have the guts, you have to scratch in your initials while its still wet and not wait for twenty years and then trudge out to the sidewalk and start scratching. But, I guess the children with two left feet take a little longer to grow up and the stones a little longer to drop.

16. Ken in Texas on February 11th, 2011 1:34 am

Ron's just pissed 'cause his tu-tu doesn't fit anymore and he can't mince around on his toes, either. He can only tippie-toe long enough to grab a can of sardines of the top shelf.

17. SignPainterGuy on February 11th, 2011 2:30 am

So often, your perspective is "singularly" entertaining ! Heh !

It appears Jr. has a whole lotta lefts goin` for him !

18. archer52 on February 11th, 2011 2:52 am

angry gay guy with no money and needs face time. Sadly, he was related to Ronnie. Outside that he's a pale comparison to that Hilton fella. Angry gay guys like those two are like squeaky wheels- they'll keep up a high pitch whining until you cover them with oil.

Get a life

archer52/ http://www.truthandcommonsense.com

19. Clu Seatoe on February 11th, 2011 3:24 am

When Pop made his move, Jr. wasn’t invited.

20. maladroit on February 11th, 2011 4:19 pm

I was going to contribute some well-thought-out, nasty insults for Ronnie Jr. but because Dougy called him "the tool," any comments I made would only be mute.

21. palinlover on February 11th, 2011 9:20 pm

And by the way, Happy Birthday today to The Alaskan Goddess. She turns 47. I suspect her 49th birthday will be spent at home, with just a small gathering of family and friends. In the West Wing, of course.