So Sen. Thurston Kerry III doesn’t like ketchup? I never would have guessed:

Musicians aren’t the only ones with demands. Even politicians, like former presidential candidate, Senator John Kerry, have them. But while Kerry’s rider outlines specific dishes like “Szechwan string beans” as must-haves, perhaps more interesting is what he omits. “NEVER order: Tomato based products OR sandwiches,” Kerry’s rider explicitly said, which is made all the more humorous by the fact that his wife became wealthy from the $550 million she took away from her first marriage to the heir to the Heinz fortune.

Hmm, I figured he’d be bathing in ketchup, but nope — just the money.

I’m guessing that Thurston’s backstage demands also include gratuitous reminders to the waitstaff to remove the red M&Ms from the bowl and to mention to everyone they see that Kerry served in Vietnam — but mostly the latter.

Comments

10 Responses to “John Kerry: Backstage Diva”

1. Tweets that mention John Kerry: Backstage Diva : The Powers That Be -- Topsy.com on February 13th, 2011 2:02 pm

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Sissy Willis, Chuck Dizzle and Bobby Jarrell, Doug Powers. Doug Powers said: John Kerry: Backstage Diva http://tinyurl.com/4w536v7 [...]

2. Your Sunday Link-a-Round Updated through the day « The Daley Gator on February 13th, 2011 2:28 pm

[...] Doug Powers has a Diva Alert! [...]

3. SignPainterGuy on February 13th, 2011 3:51 pm

Lurch very well may have loved all things tomato, including ketchup / catsup, while growing up, but you know how the Vietnam War experience has effected so many in adverse ways….he took all that shrapnel near his brain while serving in Vietnam ! That`s got to change a man !

Add that to the natural jealousy a man feels toward his wife`s past, especially when her past is the origin of the real wealth in the family !

4. Nanny on February 13th, 2011 4:06 pm

Reporting For Snooty – best description I've seen!!!

5. OK_Loyalist on February 13th, 2011 4:06 pm

Wealth built on the backs of illegal aliens. I witnessed it myself at a Heinz plant in Muscatine, IA in the early 80's.

6. SignPainterGuy on February 13th, 2011 4:48 pm

After touring a couple food processing plants myself and hearing "touring" tales from friends, I`ve reached the conclusion; it`s all like watching sausage being made – you don`t want to know how it`s really done !! In one way or another, every plant will insult your sensibilities !

7. joyannaadams on February 13th, 2011 7:37 pm

So, THAT's the plan. Destroy us all by putting evil stuff in the ketchup!

I KNEW it! Thanks Doug.

8. Ken in Texas on February 14th, 2011 1:44 am

This goat-smellin' sumbitch doesn't even know how to render a proper hand-salute! Look at his fingers, separated. Maybe, though, the severe scratch to his right pinkie finger that earned him his third Purple Heart that got his scrawny ass out of 'Nam makes it tough on the poor bastard. Here I sit in my power-chair wishing I could meet this arrogant bastard in a locked room for ten minutes. I'm STILL better than the best day he ever had!

9. SignPainterGuy on February 14th, 2011 4:13 am

John F`ing Kerry, who, as Doug was careful to remind us, served in Vietnam, couldn`t hide his phoniness with WWII era "blackout curtains" !

The same could be said of our Phony-in-Chief who, BTW, apparently has never "served" so much as a cup of tea !

10. Marshall_Will on February 14th, 2011 12:45 pm

How is it in the worst downturn since The Great Depression Thurston managed to INCREASE his net worth from a paltry $20 mil. to $188.6 mil?

Even 'shorting the market' ( with mega-leverage ) would produce a five-fold Return On Equity. The most leveraged ETF's 'I' am aware of only deliver 3X leverage! Most hedge funds and private money mgrs. ( even the Bears ) took a beating over the last several years.

Perhaps his real estate holdings? You've GOT to be kidding! There has to be more to this story. How much was his Kiwi-built YACHT again? Not adding up.