From a woman who supports failed progressive programs that have destroyed public education and inner cities, not to mention one who supports putting millions of babies in the trash can and calling it “choice,” I’m considering this quite a compliment:

Nancy, you weren’t stripped of your gavel because voters want Republicans to work with you, either — but nice try.

I was half expecting her to whip out Alan Grayson’s old sign — although he probably took it with him and has it displayed in his yard back at home in Moonbatville:

(h/t Townhall)

Comments

26 Responses to “Pelosi: When it Comes to Health and Education, Republicans Put Women and Children Last”

1. OK_Loyalist on February 15th, 2011 8:03 pm

For the love of …. would someone please give Nick's Grandma a fresh cup of STFU !!!

2. Clu Seatoe on February 15th, 2011 8:07 pm

It was so nice.

There were actually beginning to be several days in a row when she didn’t even come to mind.

3. SignPainterGuy on February 15th, 2011 8:24 pm

It`s Bushes fault ! Right ?

4. SignPainterGuy on February 15th, 2011 8:30 pm

Nick lives in Piglousy`s basement ? Wow !

5. Marshall_Will on February 15th, 2011 8:38 pm

You're in 'my' world now Grandma!

Of course we put women and children last. But only b/c we're too busy clubbing baby seals first. Seriously, is she still plying her trade this late in the game?

Over lunch I happened to think, what really needs to happen at the 'State' ( insolvent level ) is for these local gov's to liquidate and shut down these state-employee pensions.., distribute the money as per seniority.., and let every last one of them open an E-Trade or Fidelity acct. There. Done. Problem solved.

Wonder what Nan would think of 'that'? Oh that's right.., I don't care!

6. Clu Seatoe on February 15th, 2011 8:43 pm

Doug must have been trained at Abu Ghraib, I can hear the dogs growling and coming closer.

Huh?

Oh, never mind, someone just pushed the play button.

7. Tweets that mention Pelosi: When it Comes to Health and Education, Republicans Put Women and Children Last : The Powers That Be -- Topsy.com on February 15th, 2011 8:47 pm

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Lesa Wolfe and Shattera Heart, Doug Powers. Doug Powers said: The abortion queen of California says Republicans put children last http://tinyurl.com/4gsb3vr [...]

8. SignPainterGuy on February 15th, 2011 8:54 pm

Hmmmm, I always thought she sounded like a "whimpering" dog !

9. Nanny on February 15th, 2011 8:59 pm

No Nancy – Democrats put women and children last. How many women and children are impoverished because of the strangelhold the Dems have on entitlements? Democrats keep throwing money on the fire and it just grows and grows. Look at poverty in the cities of Detroit, Chicago, St. Louis, New Orleans, LA and Harlem – the common thread is – you guessed it – Democrats. How's that working out for the poor, Nancy? What a POS!

Doug – just a quick question? Have you ever thought of throwing up an open thread now and then – perhaps when you are super busy with family or MM? I am sure the lovers of TPTB could come up with some interesting observations and links to stories that we might share with our friends here. Thanks!!!

10. SignPainterGuy on February 15th, 2011 9:05 pm

I can`t afford to travel to where the seals are to satisfy my "clubbing needs", so I substitute the stray cats and short-cutting kids in my backyard !

11. Marshall_Will on February 15th, 2011 9:16 pm

Nanny,

"because of the stranglehold the Dems have on entitlements"

After years of electronics troubleshooting.., the first thing you learn to look for is: What do all these components or systems Have.In.Common!? Uh, duh…

Maybe an Open Thread wouldn't be a bad idea? That way maybe I could actually stay 'on' thread more often. On the HousingBubbleBlog we just called it "The Bits Bucket" and it really was just a garage sale of ideas. We just changed the date daily.

So many of our problems as a nation are merging. The lines are blurred to say the least. It's all gray. Sometimes it 'is' hard to stay on task!

12. Nanny on February 15th, 2011 9:48 pm

Good for you – you, you, you woman/child hating conservative!

Snort, Snort!!!

13. Nanny on February 15th, 2011 9:57 pm

The reason I asked – I read an article a week or so ago – I believe on Drudge – from an auto/car expert. He really hit the nail on the head about the whole auto bailout and what GM/Chrysler are doing now and he laid out word for word, what is going to happen five years down the road. Same old thing – another bail out. Nothing has changed and the execs in charge are doing the same things that got them in trouble in the first place – cow towing to the unions. Case in point – the bonuses. Sure they are showing great profits now, still owe the feds billions, but are putting out $400 million in bonuses. What about the investors they screwed in the bankruptcy? It is all headed down the same road. He also pointed out how the foreigners beat us at our own auto game. Their execs are all car guys/engineers. Ours are all money men with no manufacturing/engineering experience. I will still try to find the article – it was quite telling. Would like to share stuff like this and get everyone's thoughts/opinions on an open thread.

14. SignPainterGuy on February 15th, 2011 10:15 pm

I`d like to see that too ! Most businesses I`m aware of work best when the bosses and workers understand what`s being made !

15. OK_Loyalist on February 15th, 2011 10:47 pm

Blasphemy, they're coming for TOTUS ….

"Steve Womack: No funds for a teleprompter for the President"

16. SignPainterGuy on February 15th, 2011 11:48 pm

Does that mean "ALL" teleprompters for the prez or just eliminating "ONE" ? They are used in pairs ! If only one is taken away, can we keep the funny one in service; he`s got good stuff sometimes ! I hate to think of the prez having to come up with his own jokes all the time ! He ain`t funny !

17. SignPainterGuy on February 16th, 2011 12:58 am

At least you didn`t call me a "neo-" con ! I hate that ! And libs who use it seem unaware of it`s true meaning ! They seem to think "new" is a cuss word ! Fail !

18. Doug on February 16th, 2011 1:40 am

I like the "open thread" idea! Yes, we'll do that from time to time!

19. OK_Loyalist on February 16th, 2011 2:01 am

Wish I had a better link, but, http://tinyurl.com/4jpr6mh and although entire show is worth hearing, at least go to 47:30 and hear his interview with Rep. Steve King from Iowa.

The Republican party is getting wobbly kneed already on defunding °O°Care. This HAS TO HAPPEN IN THIS BUDGET if we ever want to get rid of it.

Doug, please take the 10 minutes to listen to this and if possible, help get King's woes into the light over at Michelle's.

And thanks for mentioning the °O° Admin going full steam ahead on regardless of two Federal judges rulings in your latest article over there, I consider this rather important in the scheme of things.

20. OK_Loyalist on February 16th, 2011 2:48 am

Something to add to your °O°Care article at MM.

"The Department of Health and Human Services will become the nation's first-ever $1-trillion-per-year Cabinet department in 2014, which is also the first year President Barack Obama's health-care law is scheduled to be fully implemented by that department, according to the budget projections President Obama released yesterday."

21. Doug on February 16th, 2011 3:08 am

Thanks! Just added that to the post…

22. OK_Loyalist on February 16th, 2011 3:22 am

I must confess more Levin from tonight, hehe

Found it when digging for above audio ;)

°O° isn't going down without a fight. Loss of an election, court rulings and he's still driving the car … over the cliff. Mr. President, we don't want the damn keys, you no driving arrogant ass, we want to put a sabot through the block of the engine.

If ANY part of °O°Care gets funded in any spending bills, it will metastasize until future generations are bled dry before they even have a chance.

23. SignPainterGuy on February 16th, 2011 4:23 am

Somethin` over a year ago, when I was having trouble gettin` to sleep and stayin` asleep, I gave up and turned on………….CSPAN ! There was Steve King, talking away at the camera, one other guy and nobody else…..I felt sorry for the guy, `cause he made so much sense ! He should have been on in the afternoon when everybody was in the chamber, not at 2:30 in the morning ! I wish he were my congressman ! But I ain`t movin` to Iowa to get him !

24. OK_Loyalist on February 16th, 2011 4:30 am

Our own controlled committees in the House are going soft on what needs to be done to try to defund this thing. We fail now, they won. We got the GD power in the House and they are afraid of being caught on a vote to get procedures right to get King's amendment to the floor. WTF !!!!

25. SignPainterGuy on February 16th, 2011 4:54 am

They campaigned on stopping °0°scare, we told them we want it done, DAMMIT, GIT`ER DONE !!

Ain`t no excuses !!

26. Marshall_Will on February 16th, 2011 12:45 pm

Nanny,

It's not just the Autos. Remember when Stan Gault was brought in as CEO of Goodyear Tire & Rubber? Dude came right out and admitted he didn't know the FIRST thing about freaking tires! ( Early 90's? )

He was just another damned banker. Well! Goodyear 'barely' survived him and is a mere shell of it's former self. CEO's from telecom co's coming in to run Campbell's Soup etc…

In the end, the -reason- board mbrs. VOTE for these yahoo's is b/c they are instrumental in getting ( as you put so well ) HUGE bonuses for the board themselves! No more rockstar CEO's! In a perfect world, we'd have ALREADY driven a wooden stake thru O'Care so we could move on w/ what's necessary. Shareholder Activism!