So much for the “name recognition is everything” theory:

Surprise candidate Alvin Greene was soundly defeated in his second bid for elective office on Tuesday. He captured only 37 votes or just about .01% of the 3,892 cast in a Democratic primary to fill a state legislature seat to cover an area including his hometown of Manning, South Carolina.

Maybe this helps explain it:

Greene was not seen campaigning much during the race for this seat.

Greene got a much higher percentage of the vote in his US Senate bid because of an aggressive advertising campaign:

Reached for comment, Greene just kept mumbling “Jim DeMint started the recession.”

(h/t HAP)

Comments

11 Responses to “Alvin Greene Gets 37 Votes in SC State Legislature Primary; Jim DeMint Started the Recession”

1. SignPainterGuy on February 16th, 2011 3:58 pm

Since Alvin sprung onto the nat`l scene I`ve both felt sorry for him and wondered who`s behind his candidacy (and laughing behind his back)…..Someone put him up to this and thinks it`s funny ! It`s not…..it`s pitiful !

My little town has a history of "town characters", all had mental deficiencies, some enjoyed being dared to "roll play" on street corners to the amusement of those who put them up to it and passers-by !

This says far more about Alvin`s district and the election commission than about him !

2. Tweets that mention Alvin Greene Gets 37 Votes in SC State Legislature Primary; Jim DeMint Started the Recession -- Topsy.com on February 16th, 2011 4:09 pm

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Deetz, Doug Powers. Doug Powers said: Alvin Greene Gets 37 Votes in SC State Legislature Primary; Jim DeMint Started the Recession http://tinyurl.com/48k96y8 [...]

3. Marshall_Will on February 16th, 2011 4:20 pm

Well.., not too sure I'd 'vote' for Alvin Greene, but I definitely know where I'm going to have my CAR washed & detailed!?

Blue Bird Car Wash for 'me'! Yes sir… and guess what? Alvin is working there today! ( It must've tore Doug's heart out to have to post a pic. of lush, green grass in the depths of a MI winter? )

Then again, you'd have 37 very unbalanced people for neighbors. Alvin Greene has left the HOUSE people!

4. Doug on February 16th, 2011 4:36 pm

I'm guessing my Lynyrd Skynyrd CDs should be safe though.

5. Marshall_Will on February 16th, 2011 4:48 pm

LOL!

Actually when you buy a Used Car, you can call the Base Sec. Forces and they'll bring out the K-9 Unit to give it a once over, FOC!

I'm more interested in Alvin's supporters. We need to study them. Find out what makes them tick, and how much they have in common w/ the HowObamaGotElected supporters. And, are they speaking with..?

Only 'then' can we know for sure how to derail the 2012 Gonna' Pay My Bills Platform!

6. Clu Seatoe on February 16th, 2011 5:04 pm

Bet he wishes he had those 10G’s now.

7. Marshall_Will on February 16th, 2011 5:11 pm

Loved their one hit;

Gimme three votes, gimme three votes Mister!

8. Marshall_Will on February 16th, 2011 5:24 pm

OT but interesting:

Wasn't Border's Books the smart@sses that thought it would be 'cute' to put GWB's Decision Points in the 'Fiction' Section? Well guess what? Borders is now in Bankruptcy Section!

I can't recall ( Doug might, after all they're hdqtrd. in Ann Arbor ) but wasn't it these clowns that thought this would be funny? Be that as it may, I have never seen one of Malkin's books there ( no matter HOW well they sold! ) and yet if it's Progressive drivel you want… oh that got that right when you walk IN!

Oh well, what comes around goes around I guess.

9. Alvin Greene Gets 37 Votes in SC State Legislature Primary; Jim … « Alvin Greene for Senate on February 16th, 2011 5:45 pm

[...] more here: Alvin Greene Gets 37 Votes in SC State Legislature Primary; Jim …   No [...]

10. SignPainterGuy on February 16th, 2011 8:29 pm

Heh heh ! After hearing the tales of "mistreatment" at Barnes and Noble and having the latte bar come to a stand still because I asked for a reg. Columbian coffee instead of a fu-fu whipped latte, I became a regular at Books-a-Million. They are very nice to me, have good senses of humor and have MM`s and Beck`s books right up front AND in the Political Science section.

I`ve never stepped foot into our brand-spanking new B & N across the street !

11. SignPainterGuy on February 16th, 2011 8:39 pm

There was a guy who`d show up at the races in an earth-ship Buick full of hemp fiber t`s and pamphlets. He`d find an out-of-the-way spot to park and sleep in his car. It never failed, some cop and k-9 would wake and drag him out, search the car, busted him once for a roach in the ash tray, but NEVER-EVER found the fresh doober in the finger-grab cup on the inside of his door "in plain sight" !