A meanie Republican wants to take away the cape of Chris Matthews’ superhero. Are there larger issues at stake? Absolutely — but even still, this made me laugh just to picture the ensuing hilarity if TOTUS got repo’d for lack of funding:

Before Obama met the press, a first-term Republican congressman, Steve Womack, had prepared an amendment to a spending bill that would have denied federal funds for Obama’s use of a teleprompter. Republicans mock Obama, considered a gifted orator, as being over-reliant on the teleprompter when he speaks.

But… if you defund TOTUS you defund the presidency! Maybe that’s the idea. But if the teleprompter were defunded I’m positive that’s one thing Obama would agree to pay for out of his own pocket.

Predictably, the “progressives” have little to no sense of humor about this at all. If they’re pissed that somebody proposed unplugging TOTUS, imagine their outrage when Republicans cut the power to Obamacare.

Forget about TOTUS — how about defunding the Ted Kennedy shrine, which is set to squeeze more millions from taxpayers in coming weeks so the Kennedys can pat themselves on the back the way they always do: With somebody else’s money.

Comments

14 Responses to “GOP Congressman Threatens to Defund Obama’s Teleprompter”

1. Marshall_Will on February 16th, 2011 12:56 pm

"considered a gifted orator" LOL!

By 'whom' ( Chrissy Matthews and Screech Ovariaman? )

Certainly not by 'me'. Ahem, let's get something straight here. The great orators throughout our history ( that would be 'American' History Mr. President just for a point of ref. ) are not known so for their canned speech/sound bite e-delivery before a lapdog/hand-picked hometown friendly crowd.

JFTR.

2. Doug on February 16th, 2011 1:14 pm

Gifted orator sans prompter:

3. SignPainterGuy on February 16th, 2011 1:45 pm

"Screech Ovariaman", haaah hah ! It`s too much fun !

Don`t forget Baghdad Bob "Fibber" Gibbs, (The BEST White House Press Secretary EVAH) !! He thinks °0° is a GREAT orator !

4. Marshall_Will on February 16th, 2011 1:48 pm

Doug,

LOL. I rest my case.

This may not make me Mr. Popularity here but.., if panhandlers have a good enough line of BS ( I'll flip 'em a buck or whatever loose change I might have on me ) Stockbrokers are about as superstitious as they come and yes.., I had my "lucky beggars". Every time I flip this guy a buck.., my stock picks go UP!

Ahem.., just be honest guys, if you were approached on the street, and a bum called out to you w/ a rap like that..? Would you even flip him a quarter? Seriously, if this guy were a panhandler he'd starve. Sorry.

5. SignPainterGuy on February 16th, 2011 1:51 pm

"Gifted Orator", Apparently, unbeknownst to the "mouse-eared Zero", someone returned his "gift" !

6. sizemorew on February 16th, 2011 2:13 pm

Actually, I think that plan's brilliant! Imagine all the money that could be saved by unplugging TOTUS! You wouldn't have to pay for setup, wouldn't have to pay for electricity to run it, and wouldn't have to pay for transporting all the equipment. Considering how much Obama uses it, we could be saving some serious cash.

7. Marshall_Will on February 16th, 2011 2:16 pm

( Wise beyond her years! )

Now if we could just unplug the dolt 'behind' TOTUS we could save some SERIOUS cash! Love the way this is getting traction. Hey… Now…

8. sizemorew on February 16th, 2011 2:20 pm

(Why thank you!)

I think the fastest way to unplug him is to unplug his teleprompter. Watch him sweat a few news conferences and speeches relying only on written notes to stumble his way through. He'll start declining more speeches and conferences, and my blood pressure will settle down without seeing him on TV every five minutes.

9. Marshall_Will on February 16th, 2011 2:51 pm

sizemorew, ( and all the younger posters! )

Weigh in on something for us, will ya'? SPG and I have been tossing around the idea that folks your age ( 20-somethings ) even those that 'had' supported P' BO have become increasingly "self-disenfranchised" w/ the Progressive Agenda.

Obviously, yourself, Adam etc. are onboard w/ trad. conservative values, but you guys would have a lot more younger friends, many of whom may be more liberal. Are they happy? Will they be voting for BO in 2012? I mean "without question!"

Or have serious doubts settled in their minds. ( Older folks wanna' know ) Just curious and TIA! Btw, it's only flattery if it isn't true!

10. sizemorew on February 16th, 2011 2:57 pm

Hm…that's a good question for me to ask my friends that're closer to my age. I mostly hang around with older people though who're largely liberal.

I'm pretty sure that the die-hard liberals I know won't be voting for BO but I wouldn't say it's because their disenfranchised by the liberal/progressive agenda. They still believe in it but don't like The One.

11. Marshall_Will on February 16th, 2011 3:17 pm

Pffttt… Dumb! ( on 'my' part )

Right, unless and until Tim Curry dresses up as Dr. Frankenfurter from Rocky Horror as our Defense Secretary will they be happy?

We 'know' those cretins are so -hard- Left there's no hope for them! We were really more interested in the younger folks that perhaps now have seen the light and are normally willing to listen to reason?

To wit: Notice Doug's Chris Matthews link ( upper left ) I couldn't stomach the whole thing but if P' BO is such a shoe-in for 2012 ( why has he begun stumping for him 'already'? ) Just a thought.

12. Joe Redfield on February 16th, 2011 10:13 pm

I have never understood how anyone could mistake any utterance of the President, with his sing-song, Mussolini-on-a-metronome delivery for 'oratory'.

13. SignPainterGuy on February 16th, 2011 10:53 pm

Yes Joe, what you said plus the way he chops off the end of a statement / sentence….I learned not to do that in Jr High ! The point being, it`s so much less laborious to listen to AND not all audiences are going to be in a perfect listening environment !

14. SignPainterGuy on February 16th, 2011 10:55 pm

I think we`ve all come to realize that if the dems say they`re NOT doing something, you can BET they ARE !