It’s Presidents Day, and do you know what that means? Well, sure, mattress sales — but this is also a day where I look around at some of the people who might have ended up as president but thankfully never did.

Tied at the top of the list with Al Gore and Mike Dukakis is John Thurston Kerry III, who squared off with some angry constituents on Saturday, mostly over the war in Afghanistan.

But check out this non-apology apology to a women who was insulted by the name Senator Thurston-Kerry called global warming skeptics:

Anti-war protesters interrupted Kerry numerous times Saturday as he met with constituents. Kerry apologized to a woman who said he called her a Neanderthal for not believing in global warming. The Democratic Party’s 2004 presidential candidate said he was referring generally to those who do not believe in global warming.

“I didn’t call you specifically a Neanderthal; I simply implied that you fit right in among a group of people who are Neanderthals — and I served in Vietnam.”

Really, should this guy be calling anybody a Neanderthal?

Site note: There was something in a post I wrote yesterday that was driving the site crazy, so I deleted the post and it looks like all is well now. Let me know if you notice any problems!

Comments

20 Responses to “The Non-Apology Apology of the Day Courtesy of John Kerry”

1. Marshall_Will on February 21st, 2011 1:37 pm

Not sure what I'd find more offensive personally. Being insulted by Lovey's Thurston ( or actually being "complimented" by him? )

Is a John F'ing Kerry "Seal Of Approval" the kind of thing you'd go around talking about to your conservative friends? I know I wouldn't. This guy isn't even relevant any more. Just pony up your taxes on the S.S Minnow so we can move on John.

2. Tweets that mention The Non-Apology Apology of the Day Courtesy of John Kerry : The Powers That Be -- Topsy.com on February 21st, 2011 1:43 pm

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by JammieWearingFool and Foxies Doxies, Doug Powers. Doug Powers said: The Non-Apology Apology of the Day Courtesy of John Kerry http://tinyurl.com/5ugj4vr [...]

3. Joe Redfield on February 21st, 2011 1:51 pm

I beg to differ; Al Gore stands alone atop the list of unsuccessful Democratic candidates least qualified by temperament and/or intellect to hold the Presidency. Of course, if you included successful candidates, he'd be a distant fourth.

4. Marshall_Will on February 21st, 2011 2:19 pm

"stands alone atop the list"

( Well, it 'is' kind of hard to argue that? )

As conservatives, we really need to develop a mechanism for dealing w/ non-apology apologies". I've said before, after the uncalled for inappropriate comments Geraldo made to MM ( followed by his lame-azz/half-hearted Non-Apo-Apo )

None of us can second guess her call on that, we're not 'her'. I guess people are going to say what they're going to 'say' but I read more than (1) "couldn't take the heat" comment from the Left. When we retaliate.., then we're "being hyper-sensitive". At present, there's no winning.

Other than to say ( looking that person RIGHT in the eye! ) "If you're going to apologize… then a-p-o-l-o-g-i-z-e rather than further abuse me by exploiting it as nothing more than a second opportunity to INSULT me!"

The Left has employed Non-Apo-Apo for years… and high fives each other when they pull it off the minute you've gone away. Personally, I'm tired of it.

5. SignPainterGuy on February 21st, 2011 4:42 pm

M_W, MM`s place is open for registration…….hurry if you haven`t yet !

Thanks Doug….I`ll bet you had something to do with that !

6. Marshall_Will on February 21st, 2011 7:20 pm

"All is well at TPTB ! ;-)"

Schwew… for a minute there..?

Yeah I 'did' Register at MM and thankfully it was very efficient. I've reg. at other blogs in the past and it seemed like they made it as difficult as possible?

I read -all- of Doug's post over there as well as Michelle's. And while I read -every- post 'here' ( yeah… even Nick's… ) I found myself just speed-reading or glossing thru most of the comments there. It had been the same posters for years!

Again, given but a sampling of that woman's "Hate-mail" ( I guess I can understand 'why' reg. is so limited ) Only regular readers would bother checking her/Doug's Blog on a PAID Fed. holiday and the majority of unhinged flakes are off embarrassing themselves at some SEIU-sponsored faux 'rally'.

Smart move.

7. OK_Loyalist on February 21st, 2011 8:02 pm

Yes Doug, anything you assisted with is greatly appreciated by all!

8. OK_Loyalist on February 22nd, 2011 12:22 am

Did you register as SignPainterGuy ?

I saw M_W over there :)

9. SignPainterGuy on February 22nd, 2011 1:12 am

Yes indeed ! Saw the notice, did a double take, and jumped ! After I registered and got the notice of password will be sent to e-mail, I opened a new tab and "Tried" to open my e-mail……it froze for 15 min. or so ! Thought I`d have to e-mail MM, but gave it one more try…it opened, but nothing from her for another few. Sheeeew, but it was worth it ! Happyscrapper jumped on me first thing and asked if I was Dan Rather ! Thought I might have to call for backup to prove "I" don`t make stuff up !!

Around #213 and after….fun times !

I saw M_W`s comments…..there are over 1,000 as of half hr. ago !

10. OK_Loyalist on February 22nd, 2011 1:23 am

Doug's place will always be home for me. And I think over time a few of the older M_M folks will migrate over here for the cliche thing (for once not meant in a bad way) that they enjoyed over at M_M's. So I see this good for Doug as well.

11. OK_Loyalist on February 22nd, 2011 2:10 am

"Smart move."

Very perceptive, especially now that she has cut off the open registration.

12. SignPainterGuy on February 22nd, 2011 4:32 am

Hope so and me too ! Finally spotted some of yours in the 1,000 page ! Amazing ! She must have had a flood of hundreds !

As happyscrapper said, the threads will likely be so long, you wont be able to keep up !

I`m not leavin` here ! I be likin` it !

13. SignPainterGuy on February 22nd, 2011 4:36 am

A few got in who announced in their intro that they disagree with MM and her regulars most of the time !

Oh well !

14. backwoods on February 22nd, 2011 12:01 pm

I migrated over here because Doug is just too good to not keep up with!

15. backwoods on February 22nd, 2011 12:05 pm

I thought about asking if you could do something that would mess liberals up as bad as this site was yesterday but then I remebered that's their natural state.

16. Marshall_Will on February 22nd, 2011 12:28 pm

"but then I remembered…"

Too funny. That should never be far from mind. The, ahem "default setting". Not only ( as Christie suggests ) should teachers be confronting their UNION but lib's of conviction need to take back The Movement from org. labor and flakes like Soros etc.

Not that their 'points' will be any more valid? They sold out b/c George Soros held the promise ( and resources ) to bring them the Pres. of their choosing. Funny how selling out turns on ya' huh?

17. Doug on February 22nd, 2011 12:41 pm

Does everything seem back to normal now for you guys as far as the functionality of the site goes (I mean, as normal as it can be with me running it, that is)??

18. OK_Loyalist on February 22nd, 2011 12:45 pm

Did Nanny get in ?

19. backwoods on February 22nd, 2011 12:59 pm

Within the qualification you stated, yes.

20. SignPainterGuy on February 22nd, 2011 4:51 pm

Hunky-dorry Doug ! I`m functioning like …..oh, the site……….yeah, all`s well !