Me neither — but one of Wolfgang Puck’s restaurants in DC is offering exactly what the Obama’s had when they went out for FLOTUS’s birthday.

Obviously the food is healthy and low-fat, consistent with the “Let’s Move” health campaign.

Just kidding. Here’s what you’ll get for $85 a person:

First Course
Spicy Tuna Tartare, Sesame-Miso Cones, Shaved Bonito, Tobiko

Second Course
Dim Sum Platter: “Tiny Dumplings,” Scallop & Shrimp Sui Mai, Organic Chicken & Wild Field Mushroom Dumplings, Crystal Garlic Chive Dumplings

Third Course
Whole Wok-Fired Lobster, Chinese Garlic Sauce Prime Filet, Smoked Onion Chili Sauce

Fourth Course
15-Layer Carrot Cake, Cream Cheese, Candied Walnuts, Ginger Ice Cream Chocolate Tasting

For an extra $20 per person Reggie Love will personally dab your chin and hold your Blackberry while you take a leak.

I ran across this comment at Free Republic: “I’d rather have the Bill Clinton date night fare: A pepperoni pizza and a pair of kneepads.”

Comments

11 Responses to “Want to Re-Enact a Barack & Michelle Date Night Dinner?”

1. Marshall_Will on February 21st, 2011 6:04 pm

Pffftt. Any "meal" that has a Fourth Course can NOT be condusive to combatting Obesity? Pray for a flop b/c this is the post-FLOTUS commercial connection Moochelle has been looking for.

I mean to -really- cash in! Not this nickel-dime BS she's been having to put up with? Speaking of which, what attributes does she collectively exude? All the flakiness of Garafalo but w/ the mean-spiritedness of Whoopi/Rosie O?

Or is she more completely ego-centric like Martha Stewart and a dash of Bagdad Bob? I really don't know!

2. ShirleyUJest on February 21st, 2011 6:12 pm

With a meal like that, the only thing moving in Moose-chelle's "Let's Move" campaign are her bowels.

3. nannykins on February 21st, 2011 6:33 pm

What no arugula???

4. Marshall_Will on February 21st, 2011 6:41 pm

Shirley,

LOL! Yeah, now that you mention it? Maybe b/c I don't need a multi-billion dollar "program" to tell me I need to shed a few pounds and stay out of the ER but gluttony on that scale can only lead to The Gout.

And with the whole marketing thing. I recall listening in on Howard Stern ( pre- sat. days ) and he said rest. owners would drive him up the WALL basically force feeding him their "latest creation" and he nearly always DECLINED!

"Please Howard, just take a bite and tell people that you loved it..?" Sheesh, what does that say when Howard has more 'class' than your First Lady?

5. Doug on February 21st, 2011 7:18 pm

She's having arugula in Colorado… along with a 1500-calorie-a-serving dinner:

6. OK_Loyalist on February 21st, 2011 7:27 pm

I love the Clinton crack LOL

7. nannykins on February 21st, 2011 8:01 pm

And apparently Bill Clinton's favorite sexual pass time now causes throat cancer.

8. SignPainterGuy on February 21st, 2011 8:13 pm

Well, the ribs sounded interesting unlike the rest of the story……the pics on the restaurant wall reminded me of the time I explored my surgeon Brother-in-law`s med. books ! I thought restaurateurs and chefs wanted diners to enjoy their meal ?! Eeeew !

Oh, and Reggie L., no thanks, I don`t be needin` no halp !!

9. Marshall_Will on February 21st, 2011 8:27 pm

Cuzz…. SHE'S worth it!

That amount of calories almost covers me for (2) days. Not two 'meals' (2) days. Then again, I don't have a personal trainer at my beck & call. And what's w/ jetting off to Vail on President's Day?

I'm sorry, was there some connection between bunny slopes, hot choc., 142.1 Grams of FAT and Pres. Day the rest of us are just missing? Can't wait until her metabolism shuts down and MO makes Rosanne Barr look 'frail'.

10. justjoe on February 22nd, 2011 2:56 pm

What's with the lobster obsession? Even though they are little more than oversize cockroaches, they appear to all of America to be an affluent food. To indulge in such things at this time of economic crisis smacks of criminality and third-world bannana republic ethics. Those two are out for themselves.

11. SignPainterGuy on February 22nd, 2011 4:41 pm

I tend to think of lobster as over-sized saltwater "crawdads"; the cockroach comparison escapes me, but otherwise, YES, the first couple is partying like 1968, livin` large on our dime and our time at a time when WE must pinch pennies and tighten our belts ! NO, it just ain`t right !