Just a banner headline so far from Fox News:

Update: BBC reports on the potential target list of the Saudi citizen (how so very shocking) residing in Texas:

It is claimed the suspect had a list of targets to attack in America. As well as George W Bush’s Dallas residence, 12 reservoir dams in Colorado and California were on it.

Flashback: Remember what this guy said not long ago? This doesn’t appear to be a case of imported WMDs, but it’s a reminder that yes, these people are out there.

Update II: Just as we all suspected, he’s a Roman Catholic:

An excerpt from the purported diary showed Aldawarsi’s desire to target Americans.

“And now, after mastering the English language, learning how to build explosives and continuous planning to target the infidel Americans, it is time for Jihad,” it read in part.

Comments

13 Responses to “Saudi National Arrested in Texas for Plotting to Use WMD”

1. Joe Redfield on February 24th, 2011 2:53 pm

BBC and Fox both mentioned the suspect is Saudi, and came here to wage jihad; is there a very slight chance that he might be Muslim? I'll apologize in advance to any Progressive who might wander by for my vile, violent, vicious, racist question.

2. SignPainterGuy on February 24th, 2011 3:04 pm

Extra points for your quick CYA there Joe !

Wasn`t this guy and/or his fellow jihadis in the news in recent weeks; weren`t we warned already ?! Or am I just dreaming ? Seems like a nightmare !

3. SignPainterGuy on February 24th, 2011 3:09 pm

I`m sure Nappy Janitalia will be covering this up just as soon as she gets that blabber-mouth ports officer set up at his new duty station in Antarctica !

Nothing to report or see here folks ! Just move along now !

4. Joe Redfield on February 24th, 2011 3:16 pm

And the word now is this possible member of the Religion of Pieces was targeting George Bush the Younger; the whole story will be down the MSM Memory Hole by tomorrow afternoon.

5. Marshall_Will on February 24th, 2011 3:30 pm

"is there a very slight chance that he might be Muslim?

Oh… don't be so "quick to rush to judgement"! There's… every possibility he was a very misguided Mormon or even disgruntled Catholic?

Let me be clear, the police "acted stupidly". Or had this individual been able to participate in quality programs like "Let's Move" none of this would have ever happened! Just sayin'.

6. Doug on February 24th, 2011 3:32 pm

Sheriff Dupnik blames Sarah Palin.

7. Rick on February 24th, 2011 3:56 pm

W must have been holding hands with the wrong Saudi.

8. SignPainterGuy on February 24th, 2011 4:02 pm

OT: Just have to share this….

My old set of cordless phones finally kicked the bucket so I bought a new, more modern set . I expected some advancements over the older set, but this surprised me ! I`m impressed ! The first call – the caller id showed – PHONE SCAM and the # . I looked it up at whocalled.us/ , and it had been reported many times as an ins. scam !!

Yep, I be likin` my new phones !!

I now return you to the sad state of border in-security !

9. Marshall_Will on February 24th, 2011 4:05 pm

"blames Sarah Palin."

Actually, that's an interesting POINT! Right now, the Left has no 'idea' who to blame for the fact they're against the ropes, defending ( or more likely ignoring Union thuggery ) and how to pin 'what' on 'whom'?

Take Doug and Michelle; television 'personality' ( sorry, Geraldo's got 'that' title all wrapped up! ) 'Blogger'.., well that's true but they're also authors/writers or they're concerned parents or..?

So conservatives have -finally- learned how not to make such easy targets of themselves. Don't know if anyone's noticed but MM changes her attire/style nearly every time she's on SH. My wife even says she "can't wait to see what she'll wear tonight!?" That's the trick ( haven't they kept 'us' guessing long enough? ) Love it!

10. Marshall_Will on February 24th, 2011 4:38 pm

"Charlie Sheen will be certain that Bush contracted the bombing of his own house."

Isn't that just so much common sense? Rosie O' narrates.

( Good one Rick, let us know when you got that on DVD )

11. Marshall_Will on February 24th, 2011 4:44 pm

SPG,

Awesome! While I'm glad they're working out for you, I truly, truly believe one of the CORE reasons we've been unable as country to regain traction in our eCONomy is b/c of the passage of the National Do Not Call List. ( Yes, I'm serious )

In recessions past, you'd get flooded w/ calls from everyone from stockbrokers to timeshare sales, home improvement contractors, you name it. Well, we can't stop hijacked planes from SLAMMING into the Pentagon ( but by Gum we're gonna' put a stop to those pesky telemarketing calls! )

The industry has totally cleaned up. Both from a regulatory stance ( and as you note; from a technology stance as well ! ) This.Is.America. Everyone has the RIGHT to peddle their wares.

No, I don't like getting those calls at home either, but this is more Nanny-state run amok.

12. SignPainterGuy on February 25th, 2011 1:40 am

Just between you and me, I have not signed up on the DNC List for the reasons you cite ! It just bugs me that nearly no one will leave a message even when they are live callers ! I use whocalled.us/ a lot !

I am however looking forward to the time when advertisers are FORCED to turn their commercial volume down, DAMMIT !! There`s no excuse for rattling the pictures off my walls !

13. SignPainterGuy on February 25th, 2011 3:39 am

Kudos to the FBI for doing the job the DHS apparently is unwilling to do !

Nappy Jan – never where she should be – never doing what she should do ! You are a real inspiration – of what NOT to be and do !