It’s very early, but so far I’ve been horribly underwhelmed by most of the names being bandied about for the GOP nomination. My grocery list is more exciting. That’s why whenever the name of an actual conservative is mentioned as a possibility, my interest is piqued.

The Republican fray will need one, two, or more, true conservatives to keep the debates focused and to call out candidates who will end up doing little except serving as reasons to vote for Obama. That’s why I want Sarah Palin to throw her bearskin hat into the ring, and every day it’s looking like that will soon happen.

File this under both “slow news day material” and “purely conjecture” for now:

Believe it or not, it’s already high time for presidential hopefuls to kick off their campaigns even though the election isn’t until November 2012 — and we’ve connected some dots that strongly suggest where and when Sarah Palin will be announcing.

HollywoodLife.com has learned that Palin has booked an appearance in April on The Bob and Mark Show on 106.5 KWHL-FM in Anchorage. Sarah has said all along — including on the final episode of her TLC show Sarah Palin’s Alaska — that she would announce her candidacy on the radio via Bob and Mark.

While the exact date hasn’t been confirmed, we’re told that with Sarah’s schedule, her appearance on the show — especially booked so far in advance — can mean only one thing: That she’ll be kicking off her campaign on the radio.

A few weeks ago a Palin appearance this coming May 2nd in Denver was canceled — threats were cited as the reason — but May 2nd also happens to be the date of the first Republican presidential debate at the Reagan Library.

If Palin runs, can she win? I think anybody could win — sometimes that’s the problem — but I’d sure like to see her in the race. She’d certainly be hard to beat on the fundraising end, which is obviously the #1 consideration in the make-or-break rankings. Palin’s one of the few, if not the only one, who doesn’t have a conservative street-cred stain.

Some — Newt Gingrich and Tim Pawlenty for example — are fiscally conservative but with the deal-breaker of having been known to swig Al Gore’s Kool Aid. Others like Huckabee are gullible saps on government motives behind childhood obesity — Huck actually thinks the focus of “Let’s Move” is to make kids healthier, fer cryin’ out loud. Mitt Romney was the original architect of Obamacare, and you know how that flies with conservatives. Ron Paul will win every online poll imaginable while getting slaughtered at the actual polls, so I won’t waste time even going there.

For now, among the candidates who have been mentioned and are likely to run, Sarah Palin’s my choice in the primaries. That is, if she runs… which we may find out soon.

Comments

26 Responses to “Palin to Announce in April?”

1. OK_Loyalist on February 26th, 2011 3:07 pm

Hell I thought she should of been on the top of the ticket in '08. If she does indeed run, I'd like to she her announce a running mate like Michele Bachmann right from the get go.

2. Doug on February 26th, 2011 3:38 pm

In '08 I voted for Palin and not McCain… my vote for McCain was only because he wasn't Obama. Hopefully the candidate lineup next year doesn't provide an opportunity to end up with another McCain at the top of the ticket.

3. Joe Redfield on February 26th, 2011 3:49 pm

23 months before the 2008 election, who gave Sen. B. Obama any chance of winning the nomination, let alone the Presidency? In today's short attention span world, any conservative can still win. This does not include the…gentlemen…you mentioned by name.

4. Dandapani on February 26th, 2011 5:03 pm

Google up a video, any video, of Herman Cain. You will be impressed.

5. Doug on February 26th, 2011 5:32 pm

I've liked Herman Cain ever since he schooled Bill Clinton back in the early 90's!

6. OK_Loyalist on February 26th, 2011 5:38 pm

Ya Cain is good and so is Allen West. And hearing the bigoted left would be a new opener IMO

7. SignPainterGuy on February 26th, 2011 5:42 pm

Sarah and Michelle are both well qualified for v &vp, either order, they are so hated by the left, I fear that distraction ! We don`t need more division ! A real shame, `cause I think they could do quite well !

Herman Cain is new to me, but I like him more the more I hear ! Allen West is currently at the top of my radar screen…..the two of them could be the perfect pairing right now !

We need to do all we can to counter all the "official republican party nominees"; you know very well they`ll all be rinos !

8. SignPainterGuy on February 26th, 2011 5:44 pm

Curiosity has me wondering, how does a guy who comments along our lines (that I`ve seen in nearly two yrs) get such an astoundingly low negative rating ? Do you spend a lot of time on lefty blogs pissing them off ?!

9. OK_Loyalist on February 26th, 2011 5:46 pm

ROFL I've often wondered that myself

10. Dandapani on February 26th, 2011 7:16 pm

Found it by reviewing my post history in IntenseDebates…. I guess I poked a stick in the eye of a few Xians. As you might guess from my handle, I'm not of that persuasion and am not a very strong "social" conservative. I tend to recoil from the self-righteous IYKWIMAITYD, and test their "faith" a bit.

11. Joe Redfield on February 26th, 2011 11:02 pm

I like Herman Cain a lot; the biggest knock on him is that nobody no knows who he is. See my comment above. Also, he is the only officially announced candidate for the GOP Presidential nomination, which gives him a big boost among those who value candor in a candidate.

12. Sarah Palin to Announce in April? | Maggie's Notebook on February 26th, 2011 11:41 pm

[...] if she does announce. Can’t imagine how Sean Hannity must be feeling about his.  Doug Powers has another thought about why Sarah may run. tweetmeme_style = [...]

13. SignPainterGuy on February 27th, 2011 12:15 am

Let`s hope the GOP support is not a pox on his success ! Does he also have Tea Party support ?

14. OK_Loyalist on February 27th, 2011 1:07 am

I do know that he has the 1000% support of Bortz for what that is worth.

15. SignPainterGuy on February 27th, 2011 7:56 pm

Sometime last fall (ish) my talk station switched out Michael Savage for Neal Boortz; the lead-up ads had him saying his mission was to upset somebody every day (or words to that effect). While I don`t usually listen to radio that late, I caught him twice. He seemed to be working hard at his mission ! Certainly worked on me !

16. Dancermommd on February 28th, 2011 10:16 am

I am leaning toward either Cain or West. I really like West! I think he is very smart and could hold his own against Obama's "charisma". I don't know a lot about Cain but what I have seen I like. The rest of them should just go away. And though I like Palin, she is either loved or hated by people. I don't she will do as well as people think she will. Mostly I want someone with integrity who will trounce Obama.

17. Palin To Announce In April? — The Conservative Pup on February 28th, 2011 12:13 pm

[...] Read it for yourself… [...]

18. relwob1 on February 28th, 2011 12:37 pm

I hope she DOES NOT RUN, like McCain, I don't think she is electable, and we will be once again giving the election to Obama by default.

19. relwob1 on February 28th, 2011 12:38 pm

I agree, this guy seems to be someone we can elect to the White House.

20. SignPainterGuy on February 28th, 2011 8:03 pm

I just saw on Townhall.com that the Tea Party is indeed endorsing Herman Cain for Pres. 2012 !

Good deal !

21. Doods on February 28th, 2011 11:21 pm

I definitely go for Ms. Palin and raise 5M dollars for her candidacy.

22. alex on March 1st, 2011 1:30 pm

I must say i really like Cain.

23. Sue Lynn on March 2nd, 2011 2:33 am

I hope Sarah lets us know pretty soon…Maybe we should do another MONY BOMB… She going to need tons of money to run.Lets give what we can….RUN SARAH RUN SHE HAD A STELLAR RECORD Alaska AND DONE WITH HONOR!!!!! WE stand for truth and we stand with Sarah Palin….Recovering democrats

24. Bill589 on March 2nd, 2011 4:22 am

Sarah Palin is a natural leader. She’ll hire the right people, for the right jobs, and begin to restore the United States to the practices that built 13 battered colonies into the greatest nation the world has ever seen.

25. Michelle Backman on March 7th, 2011 9:03 pm

Sarah Palin is a retarded slut!

26. Bristol Palin on March 7th, 2011 9:04 pm

I agree totally! She and Michelle Bachmann ought to be sent to the woodshed!!