Nobody Wins:

I am frequently asked about our system of education. I say that we have none. The trouble with our way of education as generally followed is that it does not give elasticity to the mind. It casts the brain into a mold. It insists that the child must accept. It does not encourage original thought or reasoning, and it lays more stress on memory than on observation. “  Thomas Edison, 1948.

By the way: Thomas Edison was a big believer in just looking things up. He would have LOVED the internet.

(Sigh)… The schools have been messed up for HOW MANY YEARS NOW?  Gee..they put calculators in our kid’s little paws in Kindergarten, god forbid they should grow up and be able to add and subtract in their head because they might realize just how much money is being stolen from them…or how much freedom they are losing.
I heard a teacher complaining the other day on the radio. Between his wife and himself, they drew in over $170,000 which he felt was just scraping by. He thought the rich should pay more. Does he realize that the “rich” are his neighbors pulling in $30,000 to $50,000 a year…and does he care?

Nope.

“Human beings, as they are now constituted, are unable to be very happy, because, no matter how much they have, they want more. I refer now to material things–to money and the luxuries of life.”  said Mr. Edison

(sigh) Ain’t it the truth? Houston, we have a problem….let’s break some eggs.

So, let’s be frank: As individuals, we would not want to part with a dime either. What is happening now is redistribution, and it stinks. The private sector is mad because the teachers either don’t realize (Can they be that stupid?..YES THEY CAN!) that it’s mostly the poorer private sector who is paying for their wonderful lifestyle, and what are we getting for it? Not too many rocket scientists.

It’s also not the private sector’s normal Joe on the street’s fault that Ben Bernanke and Wall Street went to Las Vegas. (Hi Doug!) Nobody went to jail now, did they? So why are we being double-sucker punched?

If anyone has a right to complain it’s us. (non-union people)

This is a very touchy subject for me, as I watch the Wisconsin Teachers Unions yelling for their rights to the American Dream in Wisconsin…leaving their jobs, abandoning the kids to stay at home, where frankly, they are probably better off at the moment— I get a little peeved. I’m sure Thomas Edison would agree. He would say, take them out of school before it’s too late.

The simple truth is: the teachers unions simply have to be broken. Governor Walker must not lose this fight. Just ask Bill Gates. Our 15- year- olds are 17th in science, 25th in math, and 12th in college graduation, compared to the rest of the world. The kids in Japan have computers on their buses, for heaven’s sake, and personally, the teachers are becoming so worthless, (not all of course..the good ones don’t stay do they?) maybe we should consider just letting the computers teach the kids.

But that’s the problem isn’t it? Most of the teachers are women, and what would they do for a living? The more jobs lost, the less to tax.

The unions are a racket of corruption and fraud..a big piggy bank for the Democratic Socialist dreams of taking over America, pushing out self-assured, but millions of future welfare recipients, from the cradle to the frying pan…copy and paste those little suckers to the same old crappy wall called the American Educational system.

This nobody thinks it makes no sense to copy and paste a system that fails us all.

I say we throw the whole thing out and start over.

Written by Joyanna Adams, sitting in for Doug….joyannaadams.wordpress.com

Comments

20 Responses to “By Now-Nobody Knows Where Mr. Powers Could Be…So, Let’s Break Some Eggs”

1. backwoods on March 4th, 2011 11:36 am

I tried to think of something to say to egg you on, but you're doing pretty good already.

2. Doug on March 4th, 2011 1:12 pm

Don't make too much of a mess, I'll be back on Tuesday!

Great job, Joyanna! Now if you could take up a collection to cover my losses out here that'd be appreciated!

3. Clu Seatoe on March 4th, 2011 2:24 pm

Life is all about ME.
    J. Lennon et al put it in a “song” many years ago:

I, ME, MINE;
    I, ME, MINE;
    I, ME, MINE!

Anybody can find fault and criticize but all the solutions are unacceptable unless it mean more for me. So don’t try to change the status quo unless the plan is going to be moving me up the food chain.

4. nannykins on March 4th, 2011 2:39 pm

And now boys and girls here is your education lesson for Friday – h/t Moonbattery.

The hits just keep on comin' thanks to the NEA and their heros Saul Alinksy, Bill Ayers, Arne Duncan and those UN lovers – the entire Democrat party.

5. Doug on March 4th, 2011 2:42 pm

Here's the view from my room at the MGM… airport and mountains… the strip is on the other side but not worth an extra pile of money just for the view in my opinion:

As you can see, there is a Hooters down there but I didn't bring my binoculars so it might as well be an Old Country Buffet.

6. SignPainterGuy on March 4th, 2011 3:03 pm

By all means, buy you some binoculars and watch the AF base (eyes up lad) ! Everything that flies in the AF inventory (except maybe the stealth stuff) flies in and out of there ! I don`t know how much of it jiggles or delivers chicken with a smile !

Sorry, my plastic has a Vegas Block on it and you`ll be gone by the time snail mail gets there !

7. Clu Seatoe on March 4th, 2011 3:16 pm

Ah, the old homestead. I remember it as all desert. Through the ‘80s I used to live up Tropicana Ave just out of the picture to the upper left across from the airport. A piece of trailer park trash blowing along with the wind. MGM used to be just a high-rise hotel on the corner at the strip.

I just looked on Google Earth and it’s all been razed down to Paradise Rd. and UNLV.

8. SignPainterGuy on March 4th, 2011 3:42 pm

"The mission: undermine morality, Christianity, the family, ….."

Sums it up right there !

9. nannykins on March 4th, 2011 6:34 pm

Did you feel any Stab-a-cow global warming during your flight to Vegas?

10. nannykins on March 4th, 2011 6:38 pm

We have stayed at the Stratosphere and New York/New York – had a great time at both places. Love the water show at the Bellagio and Fremont Street (the old downtown area) is fun too – they do a laser light show every night. Have fun and say hello to Elvis for me!!!

11. nannykins on March 4th, 2011 7:04 pm

To all my friends here at TPTB: I cordially invite you to join me at our new vacation home in northern Michigan. BYOB and a dish to pass!!!

12. SignPainterGuy on March 4th, 2011 7:35 pm

WOW, nannykins, that sounds great ! As long as you ARE there and Michael "I`m a State-Capitalist Hypocrite" Moore is NOT, then I`d love to drive 13 hours to get there, kick back on the shore and drown a few nightcrawlers and crickets, grill my catch on our outdoor grill and have a grand ol` time ! Thanks for the invite !

13. joyannaadams on March 4th, 2011 7:55 pm

Nannykins..Is the moon out in Michigan tonight? Do you have a hot tub? Rum? Elvis impersonators?

And just wondered…has anyone here ever WALKED from New Las Vegas Strip to Downtown old Las Vegas? And did you meet anyone?

The important thing is: Doug has a camera.:)

14. Nanny on March 4th, 2011 9:31 pm

SPG and Joy: Frank Beckman is the conservative show host on WJR here in Michigan. He thinks we should just go squat up at Moore's place because that is what Moore calls for when someone's home is foreclosed on. It is theirs to keep, no need to make payments and since he thinks people of wealth should just "share", let's do a party at his place, he shouldn't mind sharing his estate with the little people. And I love it – they even printed the address so we can pop it in the GPS and go! Here is a pic from up above http://detnews.com/section/miview

Also a neighbor of Moore's from Torch Lake called in and said he violated quite a few environmental laws while building this estate but ended up getting away with them because all people dealing with him just had enough of being berated, cussed at and threatened. She also tells an interesting tale that even I didn't know about Torch Lake. Anyone who has ever perished in that lake – their body has never been found. Unfortunately for Moore – blubber floats.

15. SignPainterGuy on March 4th, 2011 9:49 pm

"Fat-Bastard Hypocrite" seems all too mild, doesn`t it ?

I noticed in the article you linked to first, in the lake description, it said "bottomless" – it`s probably several hundred feet deep, and always really REALLY cold down deep, so bodies would never have a chance to decompose and develop gas to float them up and there`s likely some voracious fishies down there too ! Trout for instance !

16. Nanny on March 4th, 2011 9:59 pm

Also forgot to tell you – Torch Lake is one of THE most expensive inland lakes to live on in Michigan – $1 million per 100' of frontage.

If Michael Moore wanted to help the little people he claims to fight for why did he choose to build in one the most affluent areas in Michigan? His home town of Flint is like the arm pit of the state – he could have built something right in the downtown area – where it looks like – well downtown Detroit – that looks like Hiroshima.

These elites just can't help opening their pie holes – and what they have to say just discredits everything they believe – no one more – than this bloated POS.

17. SignPainterGuy on March 4th, 2011 10:38 pm

"Fat-Bastard Hypocrite" will be stimulating the economies of various service and wait staff cos. and of course, the eateries in the area !

Best I got !!

Oh yeah, found the lake on Google Earth; not a small lake, and by the color, I`d guess it`s deep !

18. Nanny on March 4th, 2011 11:31 pm

Actually Mullet Lake and Burt Lake to the east are deeper and bigger but the area that Moore is in has celebrity status. He actually hosts a film festival in the spring that brings in a bunch more loonies. And a guy from the one of the DIY channels lives there and Tim Allen has a place in the area also and a lot of the liberal weenies from Detroit and Chicago live there also. The Traverse City area has good schools so their families live in the area and the greenies fly in and out – thus adding to the carbon imprint they screech about. Used to love visiting the area but it is starting to look like Michigan's version of SanFrancisco.

19. SignPainterGuy on March 5th, 2011 12:50 am

So you have San Fran North, I have San Fran of the east coast ! It`s only fair ! Ha haaaah ! No, I feel for you. I just wish the weirdos would keep it to themselves ! And please don`t tell me Tim is all lib`ified !

20. jjs on March 5th, 2011 4:37 pm

Hats off to the guest columnist. This is a great piece.