Out of all the evil in the world hell bent to murder us and end America as we know it, what are the Democrats frightened to death of?

Cups:

A group of Democrats complain Styrofoam cups in the House cafeteria could contain carcinogens.

In a letter to Speaker John Boehner (Ohio) and other Republican leaders, the nine Democrats say the Styrofoam cups and other dining materials could hold chemical components that could cause cancer. The Democrats are upset with the switch to Styrofoam from recyclable materials put into place when Democrats ran the House.

The letter asks Boehner to reconsider the switch away from recyclable to polystyrene-based foam containers, and warns that the health of visitors to the Capitol could be compromised.

Or you could just bring your own cup from home, you liberal pantywaists.

If I were Boehner I’d send each of them a pack of smokes with a note reading, “Here, have a real carcinogen, wussies.”

Comments

15 Responses to “House Republicans Giving Democrats Cups of Cancer… or Something”

1. Nanny on March 8th, 2011 8:47 pm

Seems Pelosi spoiled all those brats and they are crying cause they want their perks back. Next, they will be whining cause the daily flower delivery that got canceled after Pelosi was booted is making them "sad". What a bunch of ingrates. They would bitch if they were hung with a new rope.

2. Marshall_Will on March 8th, 2011 9:17 pm

"If you assume that a reusable cup is washed in hot water with an efficient dishwasher after each use, the energy "break-even" point – at which the energy consumed in making and using throwaway cups matches the energy consumed in making and washing reusable cups – is 1,006 for ceramic mugs. That is, the ceramic cup would have to last through 1,007 uses and washings before using it would result in less energy consumption than using 1,006 foam cups once and throwing them out. For paper cups, the break-even point vs. ceramic mugs is 39."

Even the Daily Green is willing to review the whole topic. Better yet, as Doug suggests, bring your own. I simply give mine a quick rinse and turn upside down in the strainer. Highly technical. Oh… and I just got a -spool- of new rope!

3. SignPainterGuy on March 8th, 2011 9:29 pm

Folks, speaking of "hung with a new rope", for a most amusing read, step over to MM`s place, Doug`s most recent post there, "Harry Reid: Save the Cowboy Poets !" and slide down to TooMuchTime`s comment #82……..Harry Reid`s "historians" have upped the spin cycle to "Blend" !

My Dad used to tell a story of how Pravda would spin the truth to fit the Soviet narrative – this is better !

4. SignPainterGuy on March 8th, 2011 9:33 pm

Doug, IF I ever visit the House cafeteria, how about I smoke AND bring my own coffee mug ?

Seems like that would shake them up, I`d like to do it right while I have a chance !

5. backwoods on March 8th, 2011 10:58 pm

Sounds like satire to me.

6. Marshall_Will on March 8th, 2011 11:15 pm

"have upped the spin cycle to "Blend" !"

Puree even…! Yeah clearly just more folks that have.not.gotten.the.memo. Not a priority dude. You'd think by now they'd have gotten a clue as to just how silly they look to the avg. American taxpayer?

Or not. Oh, check out OK_Loyalist's link for "Booty Call"!

7. OK_Loyalist on March 8th, 2011 11:28 pm

Think I've posted that over here once too :)

8. SignPainterGuy on March 8th, 2011 11:31 pm

You just can`t never always sometimes tell ! It`s "Dingy" Harry afterall !

9. backwoods on March 8th, 2011 11:37 pm

I know. I wanted to say nobody would be that over the top in their dishonesty, but I kept thinking, "He's a Democrat."

10. SignPainterGuy on March 9th, 2011 12:20 am

As my Dad`s Pravda story went –

The US and the USSR decided to have a secret automotive contest; design and build a race car from scratch, then race them to determine the winner.
    They met with their completed cars and raced and as we`d expect, our guys won. It was nothing out of the ordinary, so only a couple car magazines mentioned it here, but for the Soviets, it was a real matter of pride. Pravda reported the action…
    "A group of international automotive designers and builders competed in a fierce battle of technologies, personal wisdom and skills recently that culminated in a roadrace that separated the men from the boys ! As expected, our Soviet team demonstrated their superior talents and skills and finished the race second, while the American team finished only next to last !"

11. SignPainterGuy on March 9th, 2011 12:24 am

Couldn`t find it. Was it the "your ad here" kinda thing ?

12. OK_Loyalist on March 9th, 2011 12:33 am

http://michellemalkin.com/2011/03/08/defund-npr/c… is what is referring to, and after thinking about it, I think it was over to Zilla's I posted that once.

13. Doug on March 9th, 2011 12:41 am

I'm in too! And we can sell shirts that say "The Republicans' cups gave me cancer and all I got was this lousy asbestos t-shirt"…

14. SignPainterGuy on March 9th, 2011 1:23 am

I want a black one – XL ! No wait….is asbestos itchy ?

15. SignPainterGuy on March 9th, 2011 1:25 am

I remember playing it before, but not where ! The "clean up" looked a bit personal !